It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: TPM sensors
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:08 am 
LOST Member

which brand of TPM sensors have been tried and worked ?

the OEM ones I have are 10 years old and most of them work , but you have to be carefull checking the Pressure because the plastic stem breaks easy

Post subject: Re: TPM sensors
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:07 pm 

I replaced one bad sensor with a VDO - TPMS Sensor Part # SE57772 Available at most of the chain part stores...
It looked identical to the OEM sensor it replaced. :)
It never would self identify on the vehicle after driving around for three days per the instructions; ended up getting a dealer friend mechanic to his use DRBIII tool to get it picked up by the BCM... :roll:

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch
IronrockArms/wwdieselMount

98 Dodge Cummins 24 Valve

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:41 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Dorman ones did ok on my son's 06, linked up in under 5 miles. When buying on line be aware that US and overseas TPMS systems use different frequencies.

Sold to LOST member my 05 Ltd, GDE Stg II turbo + TCM tune, SunCoast TC w. Transgo kit, Steiger window regulators, Samcos, Fumoto valve, 2nd gen filter head with Lub. Spec. bleeder, Hayden clutch & 11 blade fan, inverted spare, P-1 battery, BF Goodrich Long Trail TAs, Etecno1 glow plugs, timing belt at 50K miles/8 yrs

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:57 pm 
LOST Member

WWDiesel wrote:
I replaced one bad sensor with a VDO - TPMS Sensor Part # SE57772 Available at most of the chain part stores...
It looked identical to the OEM sensor it replaced. :)
It never would self identify on the vehicle after driving around for three days per the instructions; ended up getting a dealer friend mechanic to his use DRBIII tool to get it picked up by the BCM... :roll:

maybe this is what is happening with one I got from O'Reilly's

and hence this post

I do not have a dealer friend

I got some Dorman ones coming from rockauto

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:23 pm 
LOST Addict

I got the Dormans in my Moab wheels and they seem to work. There is something wrong with my TPMS system though cause even before I swapped out the stock wheels I would get an occasional "Check TPMS" error and still do with the new sensors.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:32 pm 
LOST Member

mass-hole wrote:
I got the Dormans in my Moab wheels and they seem to work. There is something wrong with my TPMS system though cause even before I swapped out the stock wheels I would get an occasional "Check TPMS" error and still do with the new sensors.

Mine says that my spare is low, no matter which of the 5 tires I swap to the spare position.
And that's after the 5 new assemblies from RockAuto were installed.

I still haven't found the correct EVIC unit on ebay to show me individual tires.
Mine just showed that a tire was low before the 5 new stems.
and the 'spare low' after the 5 new stems.

I bought a used EVIC with individual pressure readout, from ebay, but it was for an '06 Liberty, not the '06 CRD Liberty, which is why I'm still hunting.

- Weeks Kit Stage 1.
- Weeks Kit Stage 2.
- JBA 2.5 inch Silver kit and UCAs installed at 125K miles.
- Weeks supplied Samco Intercooler Hoses and clamps.

Waiting for time, limber fingers, and good weather to do my HDS Model 001 Thermostat unit swap.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 5:56 pm 
LOST Member

well the Dorman's from Rockauto works

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:51 pm 
LOST Newbie

Installed a Schroeder tpm from auto zone. after two weeks, it started reading! Now fighting with spare tire low issue.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:29 pm 
LOST Newbie

After trying to figure out the spare tire sensor issue, I learned the dealer has to reprogram the sensor ID for the spare tire sensor. After calling several dealers in Phoenix after discount tire told me the dealer only!!, could reset the ID I was quoted $65 to $105. to reset it. Interestingly, two of the dealers offer tire rotations for $19.95 which includes tpms settings. You will need to make sure they are rotating the spare tire also if that is an issue for you. Perhaps this helps.
I refuse to pay $65.00 each time the spare tire is moved.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:14 pm 
LOST Member

Phx flyer wrote:
After trying to figure out the spare tire sensor issue, I learned the dealer has to reprogram the sensor ID for the spare tire sensor. After calling several dealers in Phoenix after discount tire told me the dealer only!!, could reset the ID I was quoted $65 to $105. to reset it. Interestingly, two of the dealers offer tire rotations for $19.95 which includes tpms settings. You will need to make sure they are rotating the spare tire also if that is an issue for you. Perhaps this helps.
I refuse to pay $65.00 each time the spare tire is moved.

Thanks for that tip: it gives me something to look into.

Fighting currently with intermittent ESP/ABS/OtherMIscLights in dash that randomly come on while several tires think they're on ice while on dry pavement. That causes the wheels to lock/unlock and the engine to act like it's trying to idle down to 250 RPM.
All this time I suspected that the spare tire reading low was linked to the ABS sensor that figures out which tire is the spare was failing, and now I get to figure out if this is an additional symptom or completely seperate.

:5SHOTS:

- Weeks Kit Stage 1.
- Weeks Kit Stage 2.
- JBA 2.5 inch Silver kit and UCAs installed at 125K miles.
- Weeks supplied Samco Intercooler Hoses and clamps.

Waiting for time, limber fingers, and good weather to do my HDS Model 001 Thermostat unit swap.