It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 2006 CRD 161k miles $5,000 FIRM Colorado
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:08 am 
LOST Junkie

Here is the scoop on my KJ CRD:
If anyone wants my 161k mile 2006 CRD, its yours for 5,000 nd comes with a spare tranny (front pump blew on it sending metal into filters but I'm sure no metal got past them), replacement tranny got new front pump, transgo shift kit, new filters beore install, new radiator still in box, new alternator in box, new fan belt in box, new engine mounts (never mounted), spare transfer case...has new tires installed 3 months ago, intercooler has small crack in it and the boost loss causes intermittent MAF code (new MAF sensor last month), turbo whistles a little with a little slop in it but nothing major, 95% of driving is highway miles and vehicle is currently driven 120 miles/day at 80 to 90 mph in I-25 commute, Has provent crankcase ventilation filter, has $$ Kennedy lift pump, GDE eco tune with EGR disabled, New timing belt, new water pump and all idlers and tensioners replaced at 100k service, has new ID parts CAC hoses, body is a 6/10 but looks ok but not perfect,has a Fumoto valve for quick and easy oil changes, new flexible brake lines on all 4 wheels 2 summers ago, new hard brake line replaced last year to Driver Side front brake cylinder assembly, new brake cylinder's installed on rear brakes 2 years ago. Driver Side front bearing replaced last Fall, has a Racor fuel filter with optional 300 watt heater which is wired into factory wiring seamlessly, has small oil drip from turbo return line been living with that issue for 3 or so years and was waiting for turbo to fail as an excuse to fix this issue.
Spark plugs, distributor cap, and spark plug wires replaced very frequently. Ignition points replaced last Spring. Only synthetic blinker fluid used and muffler bearings rotated and lubed every 5k miles. Has synthetic air in tires and only used synthetic elbow grease from www.KalecoAuto.com

Interior is ok, has driver side heated seat (Mopar kit), clunking noise when wheel is turned at slow speed (has brand new rebuilt CV joinT from CVJ axle in Denver, suspect it may be bushings on power steering rack but not sure, ceramic glow plugs a little weak and may need replacing this winter, brakes are about a year old, oil and air filter changed every 5k miles with 5w40 Mobil 1 in winter and a blend of 5w40 and 15w40 in the summer. When winters are very cold, I will switch to 0w40 which helps increase cranking speeds but only keep the oil for 3k miles. Each tank of oil gets 6 oz of low ash 2 stroke oil added to it along with 6 oz of Power Service Diesel Clean. Injectors are original and that coupled with mostly highway driving has allowed them to last this long. Turbo gets a minimum 30 second warmup at first start of day and 1 minute idle cooldown before every shutdown except when towing my ATVs or Snowmobiles-5 minute minimum idle for turbo cooldown.

Price is firm and I don't need to sell it. It'll make a good backup for when my wife's WK CRD breaks down again and the perfect ride to haul my 3 dogs (boxers) to the mountains for hiking so they don't mess up my new ride, a Hyundai Santa Fe Sport AWD with the 2.0L turbo engine.

Has never been in an accident with another vehicle but inanimate objects do tend to favor crashing into this vehicle...wife forgot to put it in park and when she got out the door knocked her over (it was still in reverse) and after it ran over her foot, the door got caught in a pole which tore it off.

If you are looking for a show car, look elsewhere. If you need reliable transportation and a vehicle that has been well maintained, then look no further. I would not hesitate taking it on a cross country drive. Heck, I'm putting 750 miles on it this week alone. New tires costs about $800 (Firestone Destination LE2s which are as good as previous Michelin tires...has 5 new tires mounted).

Post subject: Re: 2006 CRD 161k miles $5,000 FIRM Colorado
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:08 pm 
LOST Addict

Are you saying it currently has the drivers side door ripped off?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:04 am 
LOST Junkie

No, that was last year. It got a junk yard door replacement as a fix.

You can trust me, my word is golden, that the timing belt job and transmission swap was done right.

Putting another 120 easy highway miles on it tomorrow, and again on Friday, and then again on Saturday and about 325 miles on it Sunday towing 2 ATVs for a quick day trip.

I'm pretty sure that the clunk noise is bushing on the power steering from what I've researched on this forum.

Also includes:

At least 3 oil filters (perhaps more, too lazy to look in my garage) and at least 2 possibly 3 air filters too!

I just found a spare new thermostat. We all know these things are expensive.

Also, will include the "bad" CV joint half shaft for drivers side front. A good shop can rebuild these and the end product is better than a new China product.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:57 pm 
LOST Addict

Drewd wrote:
You can trust me, my word is golden, that the timing belt job and transmission swap was done right.

I'm not too sure about those two guys that did the work though............