It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Lightning Bolt of doom
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:03 pm 
LOST Newbie

This is my first post so bear with me. I bought a 07 CRD with 57k on the clock. I have on a couple of times, had the lighting bolt of doom come on. It only happens on long drives or when the engine is pushed hard. Other than this fact the Jeep drives great. No issues other than that. I have taken the jeep to the dealership. After them getting with the Chrysler guys and doing a "gold star" check (the one where they send it off to the engineers). They had come back and said that the wiring harness needs to be replaced. They did say that the turbo and the EGR were replaced from the serial numbers on those parts. Can anyone give me a clue as to why this mught be happening? I mean there is nothing wrong any other time. I drive around 20 miles a day in mixed highway and street traffic. There are never any issues with it

Please help

Thanks
A

Post subject: Re: Lightning Bolt of doom
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:59 pm 
LOST Junkie

well 1st any codes? CEL? next you need to check for air in fuel problem , as for dealer suggestion to replace engine harness, don't do it

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:43 pm 
LOST Newbie

lightning bolt means charging system problem, faulty alternator, bad conncection or wiring issue with the charging system

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:09 pm 
LOST Junkie

oops , sorry i just realized you have only 57 k on the clock , yeah let them star guys fix it under warranty .

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:08 pm 
LOST Member

Red lightning bolt on the left side of the cluster (above the 'E' on the fuel gauge) is the Electronic Throttle Control indicator, and likely means there is a problem with either the electronic accelerator pedal or related wiring.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:07 pm 
LOST Junkie

Joe he knows what that symbol means . it means its still covered under warranty LOL

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:36 am 
LOST Newbie

Don't forget this is an 07 not something within the warranty status. The codes that I am getting are P0100 Mass or Volume Air Flow Circuit. I unhooked the MAF so that the fuel mileage would go up a little. That is my experience anyways. The other code is a P0234 Powertrain Turbo/Suoer Charger Overboost Condition. The last one is a P0046 Powertrain. If someone can explain this I would be able to get a better hold on what is going on.

Thanks so much

A

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:23 am 
LOST Member

I can't find info on P0046 in regards to the KJ CRD, but P0045, P0047, and P0048 indicate problems with the boost pressure solenoid circuit. Googling around, that code seems to mean "boost control solenoid circuit performance" for other vehicles. I'd start by checking for continuity across that solenoid or maybe just replacing it.