It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Start a "High-Mileage" thread?
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:31 pm 
LOST Member

Simply searchable as
"High-Mileage"

It might be useful to start a thread where people list their MILEAGE, year, location and type of use: business v. personal, urban traffic v. rural highway, etc.
Tracking members' mileage would help establish a distance-driven record of the CRD's overall durability/reliability.

It may over-complicate the idea, but combined with a mileage-log of major maintenance/repairs it would provide a mileage+conditions database of strengths and weaknesses that could prove useful in supplementing CRD expectations and anticipating procedures.
Member input could help establish the initial and ongoing standardized dataset to be listed in members' reports (in example below, note inclusion of mpg@speed/conditions).

Example:

137K miles/218K km (standard/metric as reporting Member prefers) .
2005/Galapagos Islands/Mainly A-B Highway @125mph (24.5-27.5mpg), occasional off-road crawling (2gal/hr @<5mph):

Every 3K: Bubba's synthetic ultra-mega, tortoise-friendly, space-diesel-rated oil/fliter.
23K Brakes all around, rotors fine.
49K Stage I/II EGR Delete.
60K New Duratracs.
69K GDE Eco.
75K & 135K Tbelt: all pulleys, oil seals, serp.; @70K add 11-blade+hayden+flush+HOAT; @135K add H2O+thermo.
83K Drivers window register.
96K Both front half-shafts.
110K Washer Reservoir.
127K Replaced Tortoise Plow.

That's the basic idea, buffoonery gratis. Maybe members could just toss a simple update every 25 or 50K.
"Passed 250K; new radiator", or equivalent.

I realize that many LJ members already list their CRD's upgrades in their profile, but a separate and specific mileage-driven thread would offer an easily searchable ongoing review of CRD longevity.

On that note, may the majestic Tortii outcrawl us all.........

'19: Trans w/Suncoast/Transgo/HDdiscs, new OME CRD-rated lift, electric tri-fan setup, BlackMagics/Centric Premiums, Airbags.

Post subject: Re: Start a "High-Mileage" thread?
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:57 pm 
LOST Addict

There is this thread.
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=83214

There have been others but my searches came up empty.

Edit: found the other one
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=63393&p=879067&hilit=hit+list#p879067

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:43 pm 
LOST Member

Thanks for the heads-up.
After experimenting with LJ's truly awesome amazingly intuitive search algorithm to find your kindly-shared link, it's necessary to plug-in "150K Club" to be routed to that link. Not "150K+Club" or "150K+ Club"...
In other words, if you don't know the actual name of the target thread, don't expect to locate it using keywords.
Underwhelming.

After reviewing those links, rather than a "200k+" stream it may still be a decent idea to have a more 'open' mileage thread, with or without members providing accompanying major-maintenance/repair schedules. It would serve the more specific purpose of helping establish a database of mileage/condition-based procedure patterns.

One problem with attempting to find an LJ search-friendly keyword to header a relevant thread is that simply using "Mileage" or "MILEAGE" may confuse searches for 'longevity' with 'fuel economy'.
"High-Mileage" is one option that may help focus the search lens.
Not a big deal. I was motivated because I couldn't 'search' a thread that was satisfactorily centered on listing members' vehicle mileage...

'19: Trans w/Suncoast/Transgo/HDdiscs, new OME CRD-rated lift, electric tri-fan setup, BlackMagics/Centric Premiums, Airbags.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:49 am 
LOST Addict

Im only at 93k so mine hasn't had an opportunity to blow up yet. I had a nice google doc with all of my maintenance records but I think I accidentally deleted it when I was clearing out some of the stuff from cars I sold previously on my google drive.

42,000 miles - Purchased 8/2014
44,000 miles - EHM
47,000 miles - Blocked EGR with plate
53,550 miles - GDE Hot Tune
~75,000 miles - Lift, Moabs, Duratracs, ARB bumper
~80,000 miles - 4J 203°F Tstat Housing
~85,000 miles - Racor Filter head with 2 micron filter + GDE Trans tune
89,500 miles - Amsoil Dual Bypass Oil Filter System with Amsoil 2 micron filter and Fram Ultra XG8A full flow filter.
92,000 miles - Installed Derale 17" Electric fan in place on mechnical fan. Removed OE electric fan.
92,300 miles - New Rockers, Timing Belt, Water Pump, ARP Head Studs, Coolant System flushed

Regular Stuff:
5000 mile OCI's with Rotella T6 5W-40/Mobil 1 TDT 5W-40 and Fram Ultra XG8A filter.
1/3 a bottle of Stanadyne at every fill-up.

Notes:
Mishimoto hoses were purchased because i found them on super duper sale, original hoses were fine when replaced.
Original Rocker arms looked and felt like new when removed at 92.5k. Noticed no change in MAF values post rocker change.
Many of the original head studs took very little torque to remove. Some were less than 80 ft-lbs.
Still on original torque converter(as far as I know) and have had no issues with GDE Hot Tune. Only the occasional brief groan when tipping into the throttle at 1700 rpm.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:50 pm 
LOST Member

If this concept is "Off To The Races" (thanks to Mass-hole's initiating post), could a Moderator kindly please intervene to re-launch or "sticky" it under the simple thread-heading "High-Mileage"?
Feel free to replace (or paste/edit) my topic-description and 'Example' text as desired, but please include Flash's topic-related links as well as Mass's first legit entry.

Mass forgot to list location/driving in their launch-post (uh... location = 'Mass'achusetts?).
Please advise contributors to include their location and type of driving. That data is fundamentally relevant for reviewing comparisons/projections.
Toronto vs Tucson, Mexico City vs Moose jaw... climate and traffic are both useful analytical metrics.