It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Injection service shop needed
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:44 pm 
LOST Newbie

Anyone know of shop that has the equipment in house to test and clean our Bosch injectors in Eastern PA or North NJ. Trying not not to send them out.

Also need someone (not the dealer) not reenter the injector # to ECM
Thanks

Post subject: Re: Injection service shop needed
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:23 pm 
LOST Junkie

injector coding (not important) gave us more details on what you are doing , injector fail but (RARE) some fuel shops claiming they have proper bench test , but they lied to me , so i test my injectors at SHARMA diesel in mississauga,ON and say they automize ok NFF so i took them to northern diesel in Michigan , so they have common rail diesel injection testing equipment , so they were able to give me full report PRINT OUT OF THE TEST , injector #1 was no good so do your search and find right fuel injection shop that is able to help you .

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:20 pm 
LOST Addict

mako231 wrote:
Anyone know of shop that has the equipment in house to test and clean our Bosch injectors in Eastern PA or North NJ. Trying not not to send them out.

Also need someone (not the dealer) not reenter the injector # to ECM
Thanks

I dont know if we can do that with the DIY tuning. Its likely in the untouchable programming section of the ECU.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:41 am 
LOST Newbie

i just had to send all 4 of my injectors out for testing and subsequent replacement. I used Oregon fuel injection. they tested them for about 40 a pc and they had the best price I could find anywhere for replacements. I got rebuilt injectors for 380 a pc. its a hard pill to swallow but they sent me the test results and they were definitely all bad. I can highly recommend those guys.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:48 am 
LOST Addict

What did the test results show?
What is the criteria for determining a bad injector?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:07 pm 
LOST Junkie

biggreenjeep wrote:
i just had to send all 4 of my injectors out for testing and subsequent replacement. I used Oregon fuel injection. they tested them for about 40 a pc and they had the best price I could find anywhere for replacements. I got rebuilt injectors for 380 a pc. its a hard pill to swallow but they sent me the test results and they were definitely all bad. I can highly recommend those guys.

How did you loose all 4 at once? Bad fuel?? Or something else going on

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:47 pm 
LOST Junkie

i say no mater what you do to help them last , after so many miles they just get worn out , it is not that you will lose all 4 at the same time , but when they get tested they have to perform 100% before you can put them back in service . so yes if you want your diesel to have a healthy diet then yes after so many miles they should be tested , ,,,, i remember back in old days VW diesel rabbit for example they would run with worn out injectors they use to dribble so much and smoke so much that was bad , but didn't bother them but for common rail fuel system is a different story

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:44 pm 
LOST Newbie

I think I have a an injector that is over fueling, as Iam getting lots of smoke on hard acceleration, and slight loss of mileage.
I have 112k, bought it at 95k, the previous owner replaced a few bad rockers himself, and not sure if he replaced the injectors in the right cyl. I have a rough idle. I guess I will just send them off to Oregon injection for a test.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 10:24 am 
LOST Junkie

mako231 wrote:
I think I have a an injector that is over fueling, as Iam getting lots of smoke on hard acceleration, and slight loss of mileage.
I have 112k, bought it at 95k, the previous owner replaced a few bad rockers himself, and not sure if he replaced the injectors in the right cyl. I have a rough idle. I guess I will just send them off to Oregon injection for a test.

Why didn't he replace all the rockers while he was in there? Chances are it's more worn out rockers if he only replaced a few :banghead:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 1:14 pm 
LOST Newbie

I do not know, some people are just hacks and try to take short cuts I guess. I have been going over things and doing it the right way, with the knowledge from this board.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 5:51 pm 
LOST Junkie

well I'm going to say this , i started playing with wrenches when i was teenager , long story , 2 stroke , 4 stroke diesel ,i believe if you like your engine , and you not sure what previous owner did , with it or if did short cut repairers , take your time disassembly again and start from scratch , test your fuel system at fuel experts shop , test your cylinder head , and block at machine shop experts , do not do short cuts ,! and yes if you know how to do them by all means do them , like say timing this engine ,,,,, but again you need to be at that level ,, so please go slow and do it right !