It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Jeep Cherokee/liberty 2.8l CRD diesel 05
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:10 pm 
LOST Newbie

Hi everybody
I'm new at this site and new for my jeep. I live in Asia my country is Laos so far to got and mechanics to really know about this car , My jeep got 188089 km now the problem is poor acceleration and got 3000 rpm like the car had not enough of power but sometimes is good . I dont know exactly the reason . I just change the diesel filter, engine oil & oil filter.
Please help me thanks for all advice and all information
Sirimanotham

Post subject: Re: Jeep Cherokee/liberty 2.8l CRD diesel 05
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:51 am 
LOST Junkie

Sjjjmarleyed wrote:
Hi everybody
I'm new at this site and new for my jeep. I live in Asia my country is Laos so far to got and mechanics to really know about this car , My jeep got 188089 km now the problem is poor acceleration and got 3000 rpm like the car had not enough of power but sometimes is good . I dont know exactly the reason . I just change the diesel filter, engine oil & oil filter.
Please help me thanks for all advice and all information
Sirimanotham

Welcome to the Forum!

First thing to do is read "Sam's Noob Guide" in the Sticky right at the top of this forum...gives you lots of information.

I would advise you to remove and clean the MAP Sensor....description in the Noob Guide.
Check the hose going from the air filter to the top of the Turbo is on tight and check there are no tears or splits in this hose...you need to pull sharply on the air filter housing to get to this hose.

Check that the black rubber CAC hoses going from the turbo to the Intercooler and from the Intercooler to the Intake manifold are not split or torn and are firmly in place.

I hope your timing belt has been replaced...needs replacing at 160,000 kms or after 6 years....if this belt snaps then there will be major damage caused.

Check these items and then get back to us! :wink: