It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Pulling injector #4 with Miller VM.9075A
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:54 pm 
LOST Newbie

I recently picked up a cheap 2005 CRD Liberty because it has a glow plug broken off in the head. I figured "no big deal pull the head, do timing belt service and head gasket". Much to my dismay I found that not only do you have to pull the injectors to pull the head but that injector #4 is extremely stubborn. I rented the both the cam lock tools and injector puller from Sasquatch parts and they finally arrived today so I was super excited to make some more progress on this project. Now the problem - I for the life of me cannot get the 9075A to fit on the #4 injector to pull it out. I've tried all the combinations of tall and short legs I can think of and I can't seem to make it work. :oops: From where I stand it almost looks like it will only fit with the engine removed, is this correct? Any info is greatly appreciated!

Edit:When I said "finally" I did not mean to imply that the tools from Sasquatch took too long to arrive. They actually showed up much faster than I had expected :)

Last edited by groveguy89 on Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Pulling injector #4 with Miller VM.9075A
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:11 pm 
LOST Addict

I didn't use a special tool.
I used some PBblaster and a 3/4 open end wrench as a lever to slowly work it out.
Others have used a crowsfoot and extension to do the same.
Just take your time and keep working at it. Its very frustrating.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:44 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

pm or email geordi. A while back he borrowed my Miller tool and IIRC pulled #4.

Sold to LOST member my 05 Ltd, GDE Stg II turbo + TCM tune, SunCoast TC w. Transgo kit, Steiger window regulators, Samcos, Fumoto valve, 2nd gen filter head with Lub. Spec. bleeder, Hayden clutch & 11 blade fan, inverted spare, P-1 battery, BF Goodrich Long Trail TAs, Etecno1 glow plugs, timing belt at 50K miles/8 yrs

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:58 pm 
LOST Newbie

flash7210 wrote:
I didn't use a special tool.
I used some PBblaster and a 3/4 open end wrench as a lever to slowly work it out.
Others have used a crowsfoot and extension to do the same.
Just take your time and keep working at it. Its very frustrating.

I should have mentioned lol - I let it sit for days in PB blaster, let it get warmed up with the block heater and then broke two snap-on crows feet trying to spin it. Also tried using a pickle fork with a 4 ft. breaker bar to pry it up and ended up spreading the pickle fork :( Renting the tool was my last resort haha

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:03 pm 
LOST Newbie

papaindigo wrote:
pm or email geordi. A while back he borrowed my Miller tool and IIRC pulled #4.
Will do, thanks!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:55 pm 
LOST Addict

Location: Somewhere between Heaven and Hell... But it is really hot here on Earth...
If you already have the tool, take the legs off of it and use them sideways to support / brace the crossbar as it is perched on them.

It will be and look more than a bit fiddly, but will tighten up as you start applying force. You may want to apply some aluminum anti-seize to the matching faces of the washers and nuts to smooth their action.

I actually have a custom contraption now that I use instead of the factory tool.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:52 pm 
LOST Member

geordi wrote:
If you already have the tool, take the legs off of it and use them sideways to support / brace the crossbar as it is perched on them.

It will be and look more than a bit fiddly, but will tighten up as you start applying force. You may want to apply some aluminum anti-seize to the matching faces of the washers and nuts to smooth their action.

I actually have a custom contraption now that I use instead of the factory tool.

Geordi any chance for a pic of the custom tool?