It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: antigel package size options
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:54 pm 
LOST Member

i like to use antigel in the winter. i don't know if i need it but it definitely starts better when its below 20 degrees out. what i don't like is pouring 1/3 of a container in the tank when i fill up and storing the rest in the jeep. the stuff stinks like you have a fuel leak after the seal has been broken. the smallest bottle that Power Service offers treats 40 gallons. so i usually just pour the whole thing in the tank at once. It's wasteful and expensive. last winter i was buying the HEET brand antigel that treated 20 gallon. i can't find it in stores now. does anyone know of a brand that sells antigel in containers to treat 20 gallons? or preferably 10 gallons?

Post subject: Re: antigel package size options
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:16 pm 
LOST Addict

npkdm wrote:
i like to use antigel in the winter. i don't know if i need it but it definitely starts better when its below 20 degrees out. what i don't like is pouring 1/3 of a container in the tank when i fill up and storing the rest in the jeep. the stuff stinks like you have a fuel leak after the seal has been broken. the smallest bottle that Power Service offers treats 40 gallons. so i usually just pour the whole thing in the tank at once. It's wasteful and expensive. last winter i was buying the HEET brand antigel that treated 20 gallon. i can't find it in stores now. does anyone know of a brand that sells antigel in containers to treat 20 gallons? or preferably 10 gallons?

I use stanadyne and it doesn't smell unless I don't fully close it, but I know what you mean. I leave it in the rear door cupholder. It's the same thing though, 60 gallons a bottle so I only do 1/3 at a time.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:48 pm 
LOST Addict

I pour the prescribed amount of additive into pint sized bottles.

Also, keeping the large bottle in a large ziplock bag might help contain any smelly vapors.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:38 pm 
LOST Newbie

I buy Powerservice by the gallon on amazon for right around $50. It treats 1000 gallons of fuel below 32F and 500 below 0F. I mix pint of it with 1.5 quarts of 2 cycle oil and a pint of diesel(just to make it an even 2 quarts). I keep that in my garage and everytime I fill up I put a pint of the concoction in the tank when I get home. Easy to measure and nothing to spill in the jeep.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:46 pm 
LOST Member

thanks for the suggestions. i live in an apartment without a garage. so i have to store the stuff in the jeep or in my apartment. both are places i don't want the stink. i guess I'll just keep over treating it.