It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Geordi's threads VS others?
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:54 am 
LOST Member

Why do I see moderators locking up threads about Geordi's dealings with other customers? Why is Hot Diesel Solutions no longer a vendor?.........why didn't moderators lock up threads about Jeff Bauer's products when they were attacked by people that don't own the product?

Since the mods on this site seem to run interference for Geordi I have to wonder why? Any mods want to comment and defend your position(s)?

Post subject: Re: Geordi's threads VS others?
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:11 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

This site is as bad as the recent US election as far as illusion goes.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:12 pm 
LOST Member

I fully agree to locking the posts, it will and probably has already put others of from joining LJ. I know its not my place to get involved but I do feel that gordi has been profiteering on this forum for a considerable time. Not that I personally have an issue with that, but I would imagine some members would. In return he has contributed to the forum considerably, not necessarily correctly every time but than we are all human.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:44 pm 
LOST Member

I frequent several sites and a few of which I am a moderator. In none of those sites would I singularly regulate one vendors posts like the mods here do. It's very odd to me how the moderators behave regarding certain contributors vs others.

I have dealt with all vendors on the CRD forum and have been very happy with each. I have no dealings with Geordi and am in no way attacking him but I find it very odd the lengths the moderators have gone to protect Geordi.

I'm still waiting for any moderator to post some logic as to how and when they feel the need to regulate certain vendors and then not regulate or even insulate others from a concerned customer or better yet, a customer that has a problem and has posted here to alert potential customers of a possible fraud.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:38 pm 
LOST Member

olypopper wrote:
why didn't moderators lock up threads about Jeff Bauer's products when they were attacked by people that don't own the product?

Whoa! Hang on a minute. What exactly do you mean by "threads about Jeff Bauer's products"? IIRC, most of these threads were not about Jeff's product, they were general discussions started by others that were hijacked by Jeff to try and promote his product.

The personal business discussions we see between Geordi and the vets don't belong here. IMO they should be deleted altogether.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 3:29 pm 
LOST Member

Ceearedeedriver wrote:
olypopper wrote:
why didn't moderators lock up threads about Jeff Bauer's products when they were attacked by people that don't own the product?

Whoa! Hang on a minute. What exactly do you mean by "threads about Jeff Bauer's products"? IIRC, most of these threads were not about Jeff's product, they were general discussions started by others that were hijacked by Jeff to try and promote his product.

The personal business discussions we see between Geordi and the vets don't belong here. IMO they should be deleted altogether.

Why should they be deleted, we are only allowed positive feedback from Geordi's work !!!!!

In two words : DOUBLE STANDARD !!!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 3:32 pm 
LOST Addict

Ceearedeedriver wrote:
olypopper wrote:

The discussion turned into a doo doo show that spread across multiple threads, there was no need for that. If the parties involved could not keep it civil and in one place then it ought to get locked down.

Its the difference between the couple next door having a discussion in the kitchen vs having an argument throwing things that spreads to the street and gets the cops called.

This may have started off small, but it got the cops called. Both sides had days to talk and keep it civil, it started spilling into unrelated threads with vague threats. We are better off for it.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 3:46 pm 
LOST Member

Sir Sam wrote:
Ceearedeedriver wrote:
olypopper wrote:

The discussion turned into a doo doo show that spread across multiple threads, there was no need for that. If the parties involved could not keep it civil and in one place then it ought to get locked down.

Its the difference between the couple next door having a discussion in the kitchen vs having an argument throwing things that spreads to the street and gets the cops called.

This may have started off small, but it got the cops called. Both sides had days to talk and keep it civil, it started spilling into unrelated threads with vague threats. We are better off for it.

Thread should also be moderated before being locked and most of their content removed.....

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:34 pm 
LOST Junkie

Main difference was there were direct threats made to Geordi. I may be wrong, but I never saw that towards Jeff. Jeff spent more energy jumping in others threads and degrading people who had different views than he did

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 7:17 pm 
LOST Addict

olypopper wrote:
I frequent several sites and a few of which I am a moderator. In none of those sites would I singularly regulate one vendors posts like the mods here do. It's very odd to me how the moderators behave regarding certain contributors vs others.

I have dealt with all vendors on the CRD forum and have been very happy with each. I have no dealings with Geordi and am in no way attacking him but I find it very odd the lengths the moderators have gone to protect Geordi.

I'm still waiting for any moderator to post some logic as to how and when they feel the need to regulate certain vendors and then not regulate or even insulate others from a concerned customer or better yet, a customer that has a problem and has posted here to alert potential customers of a possible fraud.

Exactly how has Geordi been protected?
Those threads were only locked, not deleted.
All the information, whether it be good or bad, is still there for anybody to read and form an opinion.
There is no reason for further comments to be made. It doesnt matter what anybody else has to say. The matter is for Mr Highiron and Mr Geordi to resolve.
And it was completely unnecessary for 3 separate threads to be started about the same subject.

Dgeist is the moderator who locked those threads. Maybe you should start a direct converstion with him?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:52 pm 
LOST Member

"Dgeist is the moderator who locked those threads. Maybe you should start a direct converstion with him?"

That's why I started this thread.

"Exactly how has Geordi been protected?"

By having threads locked when information transfer and opinions got heated and show a potential bad side of Geordi.

Jeff Bauer backed up his threads with good engineering practices and was shunned by people on this forum that don't even have his products and the mods were nowhere to be found, even after many folks would jump in with immediate personal attacks towards Jeff. (personal attacks is why dgeist claims he locked up Geordi's customers threads)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:20 pm 
LOST Newbie

By playing the veteran's card in my posts about geordi's underhanded dealings with High Iron CRD in the way I did generated knee-jerk/snap responses from geordi in which he further incriminated himself.

My apologies for poorly representing other veterans. Once I learned of geordi's disdain for us I figured I'd use it to draw him out. It worked. Of course there won't be vets lining up at his parents house, where he lives, to make him pay up, lol. The only actions will be small claims court if necessary.

Having those threads frozen is a good thing. I believe the info contained is also frozen and no edits can be made to spin the 'facts' in anyone's favor. Now interested parties can digest the info as it came out. The criticized writing style of highironcrd is simply him being real. Believe me it is no indication of the man's intelligence. In person on the phone you will meet an educated gentleman as articulate and clear headed as a man can be. The insults from geordi towards highiron are meant to mislead you and to discredit the man he owes money to. That became obvious to me once I spoke with Mr. High Iron CRD.

I see disingenuous deflections and spin from the guy who spent the other guys deposit and simply doesn't have it to pay back. Red Flag.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:34 pm 
LOST Newbie

jws84_02 wrote:
Main difference was there were direct threats made to Geordi. I may be wrong, but I never saw that towards Jeff. Jeff spent more energy jumping in others threads and degrading people who had different views than he did

Sir, please show us "direct" threats. They were intentionally vague. I know because I made them. Please also note who made the actual personal insults that gave the moderator cause to freeze the thread.

IMHO, geordi attacks highiron's writing style as if it matters and highiron writes like he knows the style doesn't matter but the content sure does. That alone speaks volumes for character assessment.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:52 pm 
LOST Newbie

Thread should also be moderated before being locked and most of their content removed.....[/quote]

The thread being locked was anticipated and should now hold the information static for analysis by all interested parties. Removing the evidence would benefit whom exactly? Are you for censorship in favor of one party over another or are you simply offended that a vet would play the vet card? I played that vet card as a strategy because I learned of the offender's disdain for us.

He bit and spilled out(posted) the private conversations he had with the guy whose earnest money he took and used for his personal needs and then began the process of discrediting the guy he owes money to by attacking the guys comprehension and writing skills. Doesn't that raise a red flag for you?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:26 am 
LOST Addict

DieselDave63 wrote:
By playing the veteran's card in my posts about geordi's underhanded dealings with High Iron CRD in the way I did generated knee-jerk/snap responses from geordi in which he further incriminated himself.

My apologies for poorly representing other veterans. Once I learned of geordi's disdain for us I figured I'd use it to draw him out. It worked. Of course there won't be vets lining up at his parents house, where he lives, to make him pay up, lol. The only actions will be small claims court if necessary.

Having those threads frozen is a good thing. I believe the info contained is also frozen and no edits can be made to spin the 'facts' in anyone's favor. Now interested parties can digest the info as it came out. The criticized writing style of highironcrd is simply him being real. Believe me it is no indication of the man's intelligence. In person on the phone you will meet an educated gentleman as articulate and clear headed as a man can be. The insults from geordi towards highiron are meant to mislead you and to discredit the man he owes money to. That became obvious to me once I spoke with Mr. High Iron CRD.

I see disingenuous deflections and spin from the guy who spent the other guys deposit and simply doesn't have it to pay back. Red Flag.

UNFORTUNATELY, geordi is an absolute master at spinning the rhetoric and the narrative of any given subject on the problems of the Liberty CRD. What he should be doing is working for the Democratic Party!!

He has fooled a lot of members here on this forum with his following threads:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=84902

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=79984

Nothing will ever come to conclusion regarding these threads because he refuses to accept all the parameters that may cause problems in these areas.

Why then did he post these threads, if not to come to some conclusion? The following is my supposition, based on anecdotal evidence and things geordi himself has posted on here and on FaceBook...

1) It makes him out to look like an authority in these areas, when in fact he has not stated that he has any formal training in as a diesel technician, or even an automotive technician. He is most certainly not an engineer of any kind; that I know of for sure.

2) These threads were created to promote the idea that the TTY bolts and the valves of the R428 engine are the crux of the problem with head gasket and valve failures. This is quite convenient for him because that just so happens to be the area of servicing that he performs.

Both of these things - as well as his frequent interjections into threads - serve to promote his business. This is now appropriate for him to do so as he is now an official vendor, but he was not for the longest time. Some member finally complained about this, and now he has to pay to be an official vendor.

It is VERY interesting that geordi - until now - has not received nearly the level of scrutiny from people like Ceearedeedriver and jws84_02 that they have leveled at me. You two continue to employ a double-standard when it comes to geordi and me.

Both of you were all over me when I promoted the H.D.S. Model 001 as an Official Vendor when people inquired about CRD engine thermostat problems, even though it was my right to do so, and yet looked the other way when geordi promoted his services on threads he did not start when he was not even an Official Vendor.

Ceearedeedriver, you are the absolute worst when it comes to hypocrisy. You try to take the moral high ground here, yet you gleefully promote and have used Sarge Industries' knock-off thermostat modification where he STOLE my idea of using the Hemi thermostat valve. That is bad enough... it is completely legal to do so, but moral? I think not. Then you had the temerity to claim it is as good as the Hot Diesel Solutions Model 001, even though at the time you made those claims you had neither Sarge's unit OR mine in your hands to compare against each other.

The threads you CLAIM were general discussions that I "hijacked" were involving CRD cooling systems; that was fair game for me when I was an Official Vendor. But I guess it is O.K. for you and other members to hijack my customer's thread when he posted about 3 months back a favourable thread on my product. Hypocrite!

For those of you reading this that may think I am against ARP studs, I will state for the record that I am not against them. I simply think the following should be taken into consideration...

Are ARP head studs superior to the O.E. TTY studs? Most certainly they are, but the TTY studs have been used R428 engines in markets all over the world, and they do not have the problems that we seem to be having in North America. A CRD owner should only be replacing O.E. stud sets with ARP head studs if the head gasket has failed.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:09 am 
LOST Addict

Oh Holy Moses not again people.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:43 am 
LOST Member

Sir Sam wrote:
Oh Holy Moses not again people.

My thoughts exactly...I hope I don't infuriate anyone by posting actual technical info tomorrow!

#1 2006 Silver CRD Limited, flipped spare tire, ASFIR skids, GDE TCM & Ecotune, blue SAMCOs, 5V glow plugs, Rotella T6, intank fuel pump, Gen2 fuel head, new crank sensor, JBA 2.5 in silver package, Provent and ARB bumper
#2 2006 Metallic Green Limited; currently DOA
#3 2005 Silver project; currently not running...don't judge me

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:35 am 
LOST Junkie

Yup another doo doo show

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:38 pm 
LOST Member

olypopper wrote:
Why do I see moderators locking up threads about Geordi's dealings with other customers? Why is Hot Diesel Solutions no longer a vendor?.........why didn't moderators lock up threads about Jeff Bauer's products when they were attacked by people that don't own the product?

Since the mods on this site seem to run interference for Geordi I have to wonder why? Any mods want to comment and defend your position(s)?

hey Brother i was the one that started the threads against geordie , he burned me for 2000 bux,he does good work but now I'm finding out how much more expensive he is than others, Have noticed how snide and rude he is to others, i think admin just wants to keep it from going to far and to keep it clean, i did go right after admin about what appeared to be solidarity towards him, and it was explained that it was just getting to far that some people were getting inflammatory about it, and honestly, myself included don't want it to go to far,..its bad enough, i did my job, i warned others of him, to this day he has not evan bothered to explain why he took my money ,, only clearly demonstrates the ability to dodge facts and not man up to his fault in the matter,..but you have a very strong point yourself, i sense a lil anarchy :) which can be good , but lets remember we ALL have to travel the same roads :) Peace and Jeep On :)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:44 pm 
LOST Member

lacabrera wrote:
I fully agree to locking the posts, it will and probably has already put others of from joining LJ. I know its not my place to get involved but I do feel that gordi has been profiteering on this forum for a considerable time. Not that I personally have an issue with that, but I would imagine some members would. In return he has contributed to the forum considerably, not necessarily correctly every time but than we are all human.

yes sir!! agreed! My position was that to warn others that he uses this place as a base, ever since I've known him he claims to be the best and just read his posts on how great he is, well i read them and he patronizes most anybody, he's very keyboard brave, but if you ever met him in person you may swear he's still a virgin,, well at least with woman,..great mechanic for crds , don't get me wrong he does do the job and well ,but I've priced others for work and they all come in at 1000 or less for the same work,,so yea,, it does appear he is 1 way street on LJ,he does take and does boast but you gotta put everything on the scale if were gunna skin it backlit is about who you can trust and who you cant , myself i love LJ great site great, people, Peace and Jeep On

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next