It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Geordi's threads VS others?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:13 pm 
LOST Member

highironcrd wrote:
he has my phone number my address and my pay pal account and hasn't done anything in over a month.story told

Well if he really does intend to make good on this like he publicly told us he will there's nothing to stop him putting his money where his mouth is even if it's a token amount to start with. I'm sure even if times are bad he can show willing and start you off with whatever he can afford even if it's only $100, $200, $500? It's hard to trust someone who holds stubborn and gives nothing for so long

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:30 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Ceearedeedriver wrote:
highironcrd wrote:
he has my phone number my address and my pay pal account and hasn't done anything in over a month.story told

Well if he really does intend to make good on this like he publicly told us he will there's nothing to stop him putting his money where his mouth is even if it's a token amount to start with. I'm sure even if times are bad he can show willing and start you off with whatever he can afford even if it's only $100, $200, $500? It's hard to trust someone who holds stubborn and gives nothing for so long

That is true, I am in business, and a slow payer that gives me something is a lot better than the slow payer that gives me nothing, giving something shows they are sincere about paying you.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:44 pm 
LOST Member

flman wrote:
Ceearedeedriver wrote:
highironcrd wrote:

That is true, I am in business, and a slow payer that gives me something is a lot better than the slow payer that gives me nothing, giving something shows they are sincere about paying you.

Guys I sincerely appreciate your input, but lets remember, when you give a deposit, insure that you give specific instruction on your expectation,,(I did'nt and Geordi assumed it was his to spend), Guys maybe I'm a little old school but, if ANYONE gave me a deposit and the deal fell through you can bet your last penny I'd be handing you your money strait back,absolutly no question.,,so Im still befuddled as where Geordi said I didn't give him specific instruction or specific timelines,Fellahs Im sorry but that logic is childish and very unprofessional .I mean Seriously ask yourself, what would you do with $2,000 of another mans hard earned money, would YOU play it the same way?? on top of how much money he has made off of me? $3,750 for timing and rockers, $500 to come and make sure i didn't drop a valve ,(quick drive up from brooklyn) then he told me of a bone yard motor to chance on, that was another $2,500,,(crankshaft was snapped) total thus far gentle men a whopping $8,750 and still climbing,Im paying $300 a month for the garage its still sat in.along with generator and light sets, wet dry vac. , motor jack and motor stand, another $1000 and climbing,..so yea totally taken over a barrel ,i wished i had taken the time to do the home work and find other worthy true to the trade, and common bond of American Gentry,..Instead of what I've endured.But! I'm still trying I'm still hanging tough, would love to hear from Geordi,but I think He's demonstrated where He's going with this. Jeep On and Crd forever!! :JEEPIN: :rockon:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:00 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

For all the money Geordi made on CRD engine work and can be made on future repairs, $2000.00 is not really worth burning bridges over. :2cents:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:30 am 
LOST Member

flman wrote:
For all the money Geordi made on CRD engine work and can be made on future repairs, $2000.00 is not really worth burning bridges over. :2cents:

your absolutely Correct!! so tell that yellow bellied con artist ( remember?Noone on this site has touched more crds, by his own words) to pay me back my money rebuild the bridge he burnt, i didn't burn anything,.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:44 am 

flman wrote:

So True! If he wants to maintain his credibility with the good folks on this forum, he should man up and do the right thing!!!
Sorry to say, if he does not, his name and reputation on LOST will be stained forever!!! :(

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch
IronrockArms/wwdieselMount

98 Dodge Cummins 24 Valve

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:19 pm 
LOST Newbie

flman wrote:

two cents is about what that comment was worth

The subtext in your statement is ridiculous. You saying don't burn your bridge with geordi because he made a lot of money off people here and could do the same in the future isn't playing favorites at all. :ROTFL:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:28 pm 
LOST Newbie

highironcrd wrote:
flman wrote:

your absolutely Correct!! so tell that yellow bellied con artist ( remember?Noone on this site has touched more crds, by his own words) to pay me back my money rebuild the bridge he burnt, i didn't burn anything,.

Don, this guy is obviously a friend of geordi's. No facts or background. Just an obviously biased statement. The statement attempts to serve geordi's financial interests as its primary purpose expressed in three ways all in one sentence. WTF? Ignore that idiot. His statement was meant to troll.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:35 pm 
LOST Junkie

DieselDave63 wrote:
flman wrote:

The subtext in your statement is ridiculous. You saying don't burn your bridge with geordi because he made a lot of money off people here and could do the same in the future isn't playing favorites at all. :ROTFL:

I'd say you interpreted the comment way wrong. I think he was meaning burning the bridges part towards Geordi and losing income from it. Not burning the bridge between highironcrd and Geordi. I think it's safe to say and all agree that bridge is way toast

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:36 pm 
LOST Junkie

DieselDave63 wrote:
highironcrd wrote:
flman wrote:

Don, this guy is obviously a friend of geordi's. No facts or background. Just an obviously biased statement. The statement attempts to serve geordi's financial interests as its primary purpose expressed in three ways all in one sentence. WTF? Ignore that idiot. His statement was meant to troll.

I think you got it bass ackwards. I took it to mean that Geordi having made money and planning to make some more, He should not burn any bridges that would affect his livelyhood

2006 Jeep Liberty CRD 142,000 miles New engine 2-2014, Green Eco tune, FS2500 bypass filter Weeks elbow, European Torque converter, brakes front UCA's wheel bearing and front hubs. Front hitch OEM lift pump
98 K2500 Suburban 6.5td
96 K1500 " 6.5td
95 2 door Tahoe 6.5td
94 K3500 cc srw 5 speed 6.5td
91 International Model 6 speed spicer 4700

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:49 pm 
LOST Newbie

jws84_02 wrote:
DieselDave63 wrote:
flman wrote:

I'd say you interpreted the comment way wrong. I think he was meaning burning the bridges part towards Geordi and losing income from it. Not burning the bridge between highironcrd and Geordi. I think it's safe to say and all agree that bridge is way toast

I can see that. Good catch. It doesn't appear as if the statement is directed at geordi, though so is easy to interpret in several ways. :dizzy:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:50 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I though my statement made sense, burning bridges with future prospects, I doubt highironcrd is going to have bridge with him any more, ever.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:25 pm 
LOST Member

flman wrote:
I though my statement made sense, burning bridges with future prospects, I doubt highironcrd is going to have bridge with him any more, ever.

That's what I understand too !

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:27 pm 
LOST Member

I think it's the forum that should burn the bridge with geordi if he doesn't resolve his issue with Highiron .
geordi as vendor of course !!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:15 pm 
LOST Member

DieselDave63 wrote:
highironcrd wrote:
flman wrote:

concurred Brother,..

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:20 pm 
LOST Member

PZKW108 wrote:
I think it's the forum that should burn the bridge with geordi if he doesn't resolve his issue with Highiron .

Now You see thats what Im saying! He claims to Be the best most experienced ,"nobody on this site has handled more Crds,.." But since he didn't pay me back now he wont even respond. but by garrr I Like the way that was very well put, He Owes it to this whole community to come clean pay up, He wants the title of King CRD well he should pay his dues. (and me back) :JEEPIN: :rockon: :BINGO:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:32 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Anyone want to share some GOOD experiences that they've had with Geordi.

There's many instances we've read before where Jim came through on a project and it's only fair to hear from both sides.

If he worked on your CRD, were you happy with the results?

Surely an itemized list of work he's done would clear up many questions that would point to fair pricing.

If the total repair cost for Highiron CRD was over 7,000 dollars, then HighironCRd, itemize what all work he's done for you with costs.

He's been a member here for many moons, repairing many vehicles... we would hate to see this deal be the cause of him losing trust.

I agree with one of the previous posters, Geordi needs to quickly repay Highiron CRD.

Do it and get this behind you Jim.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:22 pm 
LOST Addict

Location: Somewhere between Heaven and Hell... But it is really hot here on Earth...
What more is there to say other than as soon as I have the means, it will be taken care of? This is the problem in being a freelancer and I tried explaining this but everything I have said has been ignored. The holidays start off the slow period that means work is slim, and since I can't conjure money from thin air, it takes time. I can't produce a timetable because I don't know it myself.

I'm being accused of making tons of money off of Donny there, well he is only stating what he has paid out and not either the dates or for what. Yes, I worked on his engine, over a year ago. More than half of that price was paid to IDparts, which is the same for every job. I'm not buying parts for a tiny fraction of the cost - I'm paying the same prices anyone else can see.

He wants to accuse me of buying a junkyard engine that turned out to be junk - The full story on that is that I visited three different junkyards while dragging a trailer that I rented specifically for moving an engine (on the assumption that I would find one suitable) and the first yard in Southern Maryland had a bare block sitting in a mud puddle. I didn't even bother trying to rotate that one, it was scrap. The second yard in southern PA (King of Prussia) the block was frozen, and while talking to him the entire time about this, I was asked to go look at the third yard which had two engines that were very expensive - That engine I actually disassembled while in the yard (they weren't happy about my insisting on doing that) and ensured that I could rotate the engine by hand. It did, and felt smooth. I did not feel any issues that I could detect while doing this. That was over $1000 paid for that engine and a head and turbo. I did not want these parts (I have no need for them) but somehow I am being accused of trying to "steal them" from a paranoid person because I left them in NJ at a machine shop to be cleaned along with the engine.

This machine shop discussed the design and potential issues with me while I was there dropping things off, and they seemed to have full understanding of the design - I watched them go through their own computer program and descriptive images of the design and nothing was mentioned about not working on this design at all. Then suddenly 3 weeks later after an unknown number of calls that I did not make, they no longer were interested in working on this engine - I was in Florida at the time, so how exactly was I trying to "steal" parts that were 1500 miles away next to an engine that they were now declining to work on?

The money paid for driving around and renting the trailer to buy the engine and transport it and set up the machine shop work was over $2000 - AND NOT ONE DIME WAS MADE BY ME ON THAT. Over $1000 for the purchase of the engine, $500 for the machine shop, $150 for the darn trailer, and then travel expenses. I also still have not been paid for the tolls that I incurred (Over $120) for these days.

Then there is the deal that was made to purchase the CRD which was in Florida. He was all set to jump on a plane and come down to buy it before Thanksgiving, but backed out of that option, instead wanting me to bring it to him - I was willing to do this, and absorb the travel costs because I would at least be selling the vehicle that he had seen multiple pictures of and knew all the mechanical things I had done with it. It was never stated that I was not allowed to use the deposit to pay for my costs of bringing it up there - that was the whole reason for even requesting it in the first place! I stated at the time that things had gotten tight, and he volunteered the amount, I never asked for $2000 - this is all in text and I have screenshots of it.

It was only AFTER I was 1000 miles and the second day into the journey that it became clear that "IF" we could come to an agreement after I arrived (another 1500 miles further) would possibly I have actually sold this vehicle, after incurring all those expenses. Using the accident and the extremely minor damage as justification for buyer's remorse, which has been deflected by constant accusations that I somehow "broke the deal" by having the audacity to get hit by a hit-and-run. I never stated that there would be any cost to him for the damage, just that I would be getting it fixed. That is what happens with body damage, you fix it. Instead he flew off the handle and has been demanding what I did not have ever since. Remember that I needed money to even bring the vehicle to him, travel expenses and hotels aren't free, but then I live in the real world.

So when work happens, he will be paid what is owed. I cannot give what I do not have.
I have not responded because I don't feel repeating myself has been useful when I am being ignored anyway. When there is something to send, it will be sent. What else can be said?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:36 pm 
LOST Member

PZKW108 wrote:

Of course, there's two sides to every story and before condemning Geordi maybe we should wait to see what the Judge concludes when highoncrd has his day in court.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:58 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Jim, I appreciate you taking the time to go through the events again and I better understand how they evolved and understand the reason why you saw fit to use the deposit.

But HighIronCRD was not aware of this or didn't agree to it.

I believe that nothing is free in life and that your efforts on this project should be reimbursed. List and itemize the cost of those items that caused you expense..

Your travel expenses, time spent at the wrecking yards, time spent traveling, tolls, time spent at the machine shop and your time spent on planning / know how, should be reimbursed and should have been part of an agreement.

Having no written agreement is the problem. The unknown extra charges you incurred should have been discussed prior to going into the project.

You may not ever see the money, but HighironCRD needs to be aware of what you spent.

Pay him back as quickly as you can and forward your invoice for those things that you worked on but haven't been reimbursed for. Get this off your plate and be done with it.... Life is too short for crap like this.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next