It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Geordi's threads VS others?
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:20 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

It is not about how much you made or didn't make, its about did Donny agree to let you hold on to $2000 of his money for an unspecified amount of time? If he did, then he has no recourse.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:06 pm 
LOST Addict

Location: Somewhere between Heaven and Hell... But it is really hot here on Earth...
flman wrote:
It is not about how much you made or didn't make, its about did Donny agree to let you hold on to $2000 of his money for an unspecified amount of time? If he did, then he has no recourse.

On this particular point, there was no discussion on either side until he made his decision that he was no longer interested in completing the purchase, after I was 1000 miles into the trip and was only making him aware of the accident and that there would be a short delay while I got it fixed. My plan at the time would have been to drive it straight to a body shop (which I in fact did) and have it fixed. The results are in the pictures. Since he is no longer interested in that CRD, he will be refunded when I have the means. I have three vehicles for sale right now and a large generator. Something will sell, and he will be paid.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:31 pm 
LOST Member

racertracer wrote:
Anyone want to share some GOOD experiences that they've had with Geordi.

There's many instances we've read before where Jim came through on a project and it's only fair to hear from both sides.

If he worked on your CRD, were you happy with the results?

Surely an itemized list of work he's done would clear up many questions that would point to fair pricing.

If the total repair cost for Highiron CRD was over 7,000 dollars, then HighironCRd, itemize what all work he's done for you with costs.

He's been a member here for many moons, repairing many vehicles... we would hate to see this deal be the cause of him losing trust.

I agree with one of the previous posters, Geordi needs to quickly repay Highiron CRD.

Do it and get this behind you Jim.

I'm happy with the work he did for me, and all of the information that I have gathered from him in direct conversations, and posts on this forum over the past 4+ years of CRD ownership. I see both sides. Geordi had no malintent or attempt to defraud highironcrd. He was over extended on this deal. Geordi has said he will refund the money. No amount of posting or complaining or shaming is going to generate that money. He has given a plan to repay by selling his items. Small claims court is not going to generate the money, and will probably be a waste of highiron's time and more money. I'm pretty sure there will be no wage garnishment, but that's for a lawyer to counsel highiron on, which will cost yet more money. So the outcome of small claims court will be a judgement, but not money. Look into it. I get that highironcrd is pissed off, but did you really have the expectation that if something went wrong after driving the car to deliver it to you that your deposit would be refunded immediately? There probably should have been some agreement about the conditions of the deposit and that part of the deposit was non-refundable, not that it should apply in this case because the deal fell through due to damage, but if you did decided to turn down the car undamaged, what would have been the outcome? Geordi probably should have refunded the remainder of the deposit immediately, rather than I'm guessing that he used it for the body repairs plus travel expenses. But now that it is repaired, a sale, and a full refund of the deposit is probably closer than if he had taken another route to remedy. If it makes you feel better, get your judgement, but make sure you are informed before you go that path.

JBA 4" lift, IRO Tri-link w/ wwdiesel bracket, JBA sliders, 235/85-16 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs, Mercedes Benz forged ultralight wheels, Weeks stage 1 and 2, Weeks lift pump and harness, Weeks battery tray and AGM battery, GDE tune, Suncoast TC, updated front pump, HDS 001 T-stat, ARP studs, Front and rear Detroit/Eaton Truetrac LSD.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:17 pm 
LOST Member

geordi wrote:
flman wrote:

On this particular point, there was no discussion on either side until he made his decision that he was no longer interested in completing the purchase, after I was 1000 miles into the trip and was only making him aware of the accident and that there would be a short delay while I got it fixed. My plan at the time would have been to drive it straight to a body shop (which I in fact did) and have it fixed. The results are in the pictures. Since he is no longer interested in that CRD, he will be refunded when I have the means. I have three vehicles for sale right now and a large generator. Something will sell, and he will be paid.

your so full of doo doo.you spin and lie to these guys in the forum ,tell you what'll post the whole conversation for everyone to see,Obviously you just coming clean and paying back what not rightfully yours isn't enough,.you have my number ,address,paypal,and you haven't even attempted to make this right.Im glad people are looking at you twice.your prices are way exorbanent,and this little Ponzi scheme you have going is junk ,your credibility is junk.YOU TOOK WHAT WASNT RIGHTFULLY YOURS! your a child. it would make your head spin how many people called me about you.So please anytime you want to Man up and pay back,YOU HAVE THE NUMBER AND address.until then you @$#% me over.dont evan give me that life happens doo doo. YOU wouldn't evan own up to your mistakes, you spin, lie, and ponzi. JUST PAY BACK MY FULL 2 thousand dollar DEPOSIT or Delivery me a CRD so I can Move on and forget about you!! :JEEPIN:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:33 pm 
LOST Addict

Location: Somewhere between Heaven and Hell... But it is really hot here on Earth...
Oh, so now you want me to deliver you a CRD again? So are you once again interested in buying the CRD that you were interested in before?

I'm happy to complete the same deal that we had agreed on before, $5000 purchase price cash plus your damaged CRD and the complete parts that it originally had, for the CRD with the zero-mile engine. You can keep the extra head and turbo that you think I have tried to "steal" from you when they were 1500 miles away from me - I don't want them or need them.

Since you have already paid $2000 as part of the original purchase, then the balance would be $3000 and the black CRD. I'll "evan" sign the title today and Fedex it to you. You will be happy to know that it has full coverage insurance on it now and is mechanically perfect.

If you are so eager to resolve this, then we can finish it today.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:46 pm 
LOST Member

Oh, so now you want me to deliver you a CRD again? So are you once again interested in buying the CRD that you were interested in before?

Evan if I'm not totally bilingual I think I got that one : he didn't change his mind, he just doesn't want to end up with nothing at all at the end !!!!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:19 pm 
LOST Newbie

geordi wrote:

I'm happy to complete the same deal that we had agreed on before, $5000 purchase price cash plus your damaged CRD and the complete parts that it originally had, for the CRD with the zero-mile engine. You can keep the extra head and turbo that you think I have tried to "steal" from you when they were 1500 miles away from me - I don't want them or need them.

Since you have already paid $2000 as part of the original purchase, then the balance would be $3000 and the black CRD. I'll "evan" sign the title today and Fedex it to you. You will be happy to know that it has full coverage insurance on it now and is mechanically perfect.

If you are so eager to resolve this, then we can finish it today.

geordi, you consistently set off my sleaze alarm. That was a bunch of assumptive spin.

Do you know that when you consistently mock the spelling highiron uses for the word "even" it shows that with each comment you make you insult the man you owe money to. You have to know how that looks like you are attempting to obviously manipulate the opinion others have of the guy you owe money to into a negative light. This scenario usually ends with the debtor trying to make the guy he owes look bad to justify the debtor not paying up.

I find the weasley way you twist and squirm disgusting. Just pay the man. Can you afford evan a $20 per week in good faith instead of spinning and insulting the guy whose money you spent?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:01 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Christ on a pony, what is going on around here? I leave for a few weeks, and this?

:furious:

Guess I'll go read the first post, or set of 3, whatever.

GDE ECO Tune / Fumoto Valve / E-Tecno GX3123 7v Glow Plugs / 2nd Gen Fuel Head / Mishimoto RED Hoses / Rockers/Lifters @ 114k / Hayden FC + 11 Blade Nylon / Sears P1 Battery / Transgo 45RFE-HD2 Reprogramming Kit / Timken Front Bearings

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:25 pm 
LOST Member

Hexus wrote:
Christ on a pony, what is going on around here? I leave for a few weeks, and this?

It ain't no Christ on a pony !!! just geordi in a tree, throwing feces at everybody with in his back pocket Highiron 2K$ :|

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:05 pm 
LOST Junkie

PZKW108 wrote:
Hexus wrote:

It ain't no Christ on a pony !!! just geordi in a tree, throwing feces at everybody with in his back pocket Highiron 2K$ :|

I think you need to find one more thread on here to express your feelings about geordi. I don't think 5 is enough

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:06 am 
LOST Addict

Geordi, integrity has no timetable, nor has "I can't". Integrity is part of you. Honor is part of you. Mistakes also are part of you (and all of us also as we all do mistakes in our life). Details are irrelevant. Integrity is not. Keep that in mind. Own your mistakes. Work to fix them. If you want to earn respect. Respect is earned not given. This has nothing to do with experience or what you know. It has to do with who you really are. Hard for me to stay neutral when I see all these excuses. I don't agree with how you handled this, based on what I've read here on the forum. Like it or not, this isn't relevant. Relevant is to man up and show some integrity, honor and personal courage to stop making lame excuses, man up, own your mistakes. You'll earn more respect showing integrity than being a chicken, hiding and finding lame excuses. Be a man, show some balls, if you really have them!

2005 kj CRD, samco, suncoast tc, provent, Kennedy lift pump, GDE ECO full torque, 2nd gen filter head, 245/70/16 a/t tires, mopar light bar, fumoto oil valve, OEM Skid Plates, ARB Front bumper and HD OME, tru cool LPD47391 40k GVW tranny cooler (stock cooler delete), FF Dynamics e-fan and shroud, rocker arms replaced, HDS2 190F thermostat.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:18 am 
LOST Addict

Simple question: How can I give what I do not possess?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:47 am 
LOST Addict

geordi wrote:

You even asking this question shows lack of integrity and honor. This is a question you need to find an answer for on your own, not asking anybody else. You took money from somebody. You spent the money, assumed some risks and then you lost the money. It's your responsibility to find solutions and answers, not others. A responsible business man and service provider will find a solution, not more questions that avoid the solution. Come on man, stop playing games. If you really want to do the right thing you can do it without looking for excuses to not do it. Unless you don't want to do the right thing...

2005 kj CRD, samco, suncoast tc, provent, Kennedy lift pump, GDE ECO full torque, 2nd gen filter head, 245/70/16 a/t tires, mopar light bar, fumoto oil valve, OEM Skid Plates, ARB Front bumper and HD OME, tru cool LPD47391 40k GVW tranny cooler (stock cooler delete), FF Dynamics e-fan and shroud, rocker arms replaced, HDS2 190F thermostat.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:07 am 
LOST Member

geordi wrote:

By asking this question your showing your lack of Professional ethics

in simple word : YOU ARE A FOOL !!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:10 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Jim, It's a $2000.00 bank loan, any bank can hand out a small loan like that.

We're all wondering what the heck is going on... Can you explain why you haven't already applied for a bank loan?

Get the loan pay him next week and get it over with.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:06 pm 
LOST Addict

racertracer wrote:

We're all wondering what the heck is going on... Can you explain why you haven't already applied for a bank loan?

In my experience they will want collateral, and the vehicles might be the only thing he has. They would want to see them and might only loan him $500 on each vehicle as collateral.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:17 pm 
LOST Member

Quote:
I'm happy with the work he did for me, and all of the information that I have gathered from him in direct conversations, and posts on this forum over the past 4+ years of CRD ownership. I see both sides. Geordi had no malintent or attempt to defraud highironcrd. He was over extended on this deal. Geordi has said he will refund the money. No amount of posting or complaining or shaming is going to generate that money. He has given a plan to repay by selling his items. Small claims court is not going to generate the money, and will probably be a waste of highiron's time and more money. I'm pretty sure there will be no wage garnishment, but that's for a lawyer to counsel highiron on, which will cost yet more money. So the outcome of small claims court will be a judgement, but not money. Look into it. I get that highironcrd is pissed off, but did you really have the expectation that if something went wrong after driving the car to deliver it to you that your deposit would be refunded immediately? There probably should have been some agreement about the conditions of the deposit and that part of the deposit was non-refundable, not that it should apply in this case because the deal fell through due to damage, but if you did decided to turn down the car undamaged, what would have been the outcome? Geordi probably should have refunded the remainder of the deposit immediately, rather than I'm guessing that he used it for the body repairs plus travel expenses. But now that it is repaired, a sale, and a full refund of the deposit is probably closer than if he had taken another route to remedy. If it makes you feel better, get your judgement, but make sure you are informed before you go that path.

Seconded. Geordi did my timing belt/water pump about 3 years ago, all went well before, during and after. He was very professional and communicative beforehand. I have also gleaned some good information from him and others on this forum as well as when he was working on my timing belt. I am sorry to read this thread and I hope to hell everything gets worked out as it should in the end.

In action on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oCq4Xa1lH4

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:01 pm 
LOST Junkie

racertracer wrote:

Actually even my long time bank has to fill out all the paperwork now - Even for a loan of a few thousand for less than a month - Our fine government at work putting small banks out of business. Banks that were operating in the black but could not afford to hire 2 more people to handle all the government forms and oversight. It's happened to at least 3 banks locally.

The government is constantly running businesses out of business>>

I have no idea of Jim's financial situation. It was wrong to touch the deposit money before the deal was finalized.

I have no way of knowing if he can send a Paypal payment or anything. Hopefully he sells something and gets settled up

2006 Jeep Liberty CRD 142,000 miles New engine 2-2014, Green Eco tune, FS2500 bypass filter Weeks elbow, European Torque converter, brakes front UCA's wheel bearing and front hubs. Front hitch OEM lift pump
98 K2500 Suburban 6.5td
96 K1500 " 6.5td
95 2 door Tahoe 6.5td
94 K3500 cc srw 5 speed 6.5td
91 International Model 6 speed spicer 4700

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:51 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Sir Sam wrote:
racertracer wrote:

In my experience they will want collateral, and the vehicles might be the only thing he has. They would want to see them and might only loan him $500 on each vehicle as collateral.

If you are a long time member of said bank and have done a few loans from them before(or have a credit card from them) and show good payment history with good credit I don't see collateral for a $2000 loan.

After my father died I had to take out $25,000 loan from the bank with no collateral and only a 7% interest rate which blew my mind for a loan done in less then 30mins and no ?'s asked.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:14 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

tjkj2002 wrote:
After my father died I had to take out $25,000 loan from the bank with no collateral and only a 7% interest rate which blew my mind for a loan done in less then 30mins and no ?'s asked.

For $2000 a credit card cash advance, or all of those 0% interest checks my credit card company sends me all the time would do just fine.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next