It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Post subject: Re: Geordi's threads VS others?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:55 am 
LOST Junkie

tjkj2002 wrote:
Sir Sam wrote:
racertracer wrote:
Jim, It's a $2000.00 bank loan, any bank can hand out a small loan like that.

We're all wondering what the heck is going on... Can you explain why you haven't already applied for a bank loan?

Get the loan pay him next week and get it over with.

In my experience they will want collateral, and the vehicles might be the only thing he has. They would want to see them and might only loan him $500 on each vehicle as collateral.

If you are a long time member of said bank and have done a few loans from them before(or have a credit card from them) and show good payment history with good credit I don't see collateral for a $2000 loan.

After my father died I had to take out $25,000 loan from the bank with no collateral and only a 7% interest rate which blew my mind for a loan done in less then 30mins and no ?'s asked.

Around here things have changed considerably in the last few years.

2006 Jeep Liberty CRD 142,000 miles New engine 2-2014, Green Eco tune, FS2500 bypass filter Weeks elbow, European Torque converter, brakes front UCA's wheel bearing and front hubs. Front hitch OEM lift pump
98 K2500 Suburban 6.5td
96 K1500 " 6.5td
95 2 door Tahoe 6.5td
94 K3500 cc srw 5 speed 6.5td
91 International Model 6 speed spicer 4700

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:27 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Perfectly happy with geordi's work on my 05 and my son's 06 (TB jobs on both at ca. 50K miles after ca. 6 yrs but skipped water pump; ARP studs on the 06; GDE stage 2 turbo install on my 05; Etecno 7v gps installed on both which was a bit of a challenge with #3 on the 06) helped him with a couple of other jobs just so I could learn. Both CRDs running strong.

My son's started fine, Kearney, NE, with Etecno 7v plugs at -13F but it was plugged in. My impression from what he has and has not said is it also started without being plugged in at +5F or so but he could not "stand" the cold diesel rattle long enough to let it settle down. He does use Power Service white.

Both have HDS thermostats. Somewhat overbuilt but a solid very functional work of art. Look forward to never changing a tstat housing again.

Sold to LOST member my 05 Ltd, GDE Stg II turbo + TCM tune, SunCoast TC w. Transgo kit, Steiger window regulators, Samcos, Fumoto valve, 2nd gen filter head with Lub. Spec. bleeder, Hayden clutch & 11 blade fan, inverted spare, P-1 battery, BF Goodrich Long Trail TAs, Etecno1 glow plugs, timing belt at 50K miles/8 yrs

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:02 am 
LOST Member

papaindigo wrote:
Perfectly happy with geordi's work on my 05 and my son's 06 (TB jobs on both at ca. 50K miles after ca. 6 yrs but skipped water pump; ARP studs on the 06; GDE stage 2 turbo install on my 05; Etecno 7v gps installed on both which was a bit of a challenge with #3 on the 06) helped him with a couple of other jobs just so I could learn. Both CRDs running strong.

My son's started fine, Kearney, NE, with Etecno 7v plugs at -13F but it was plugged in. My impression from what he has and has not said is it also started without being plugged in at +5F or so but he could not "stand" the cold diesel rattle long enough to let it settle down. He does use Power Service white.

Both have HDS thermostats. Somewhat overbuilt but a solid very functional work of art. Look forward to never changing a tstat housing again.

thats very good new that you were happy with his, work, as was i when he changed out my timing belt, but ever since then he has not only lied ,spun and dodged the point of outright stealing 2k from me, now the plot thickens, the motor he advised me to take a risk on turned out to be a bigger dud than thought before, mind you when I purchased it,Geordi was on a mad scramble to keep what parts he wanted off of it with out paying, and got another 1,500 in travel expenses, the turbo is shot.he must have known this upon inspection do to the play in the turbo as well as the scoring in the housing from the spindle, I'm having the head pressure checked to see if that is even sale able.from the words of a true mechanic, that motor and its components were absolutely in poor shape, and anyone taking a chance on it should have spent their own money on it as well as inspecting it prior to passing it off on a customer .bottom line i have a 3000 dollar paperweight.the only words output of his mouth were "i feel bad about that"if i had given him the turbo and head who knows who he dubiously could have passed it onto, fell free to call my cell anytime i will forward you the who conversation. 5082432285.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:09 am 
LOST Member

flman wrote:
It is not about how much you made or didn't make, its about did Donny agree to let you hold on to $2000 of his money for an unspecified amount of time? If he did, then he has no recourse.

of course there was talk about the timeline, everything was discussed,..he knew of this he has been lying.please feel free to call me at 5082432285 i will forward you the whole conversation,..others have read it, and at this point there is a motion to have him removed from lost jeeps, not only was there a theft of 2,000 but wait until you read the conversation, you will defiantly pick up on the immature, mocking ,patronizing crap I've had to deal with.compared to the mechanic i have now , Geordi needs to stick to his str trek and pokemon and let REAL venders do right by this site.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:12 am 
LOST Member

lacabrera wrote:
I fully agree to locking the posts, it will and probably has already put others of from joining LJ. I know its not my place to get involved but I do feel that gordi has been profiteering on this forum for a considerable time. Not that I personally have an issue with that, but I would imagine some members would. In return he has contributed to the forum considerably, not necessarily correctly every time but than we are all human.

please feel free to call me 5082432285 and i will forward you the full text of our conversations to allow you to fully grasp the mess and expense he has caused, if he is doing this while flying under the halo of this site ,he brings incredible injustice to this site and all those who are making an honest dollar from it.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:29 am 
LOST Member

Ceearedeedriver wrote:
highironcrd wrote:
who's treatment??are you referring to the way Geordi has been Treated?

Yes, I was comparing the way the threads you started were locked (Geordi's treatment) versus the way threads attacking other vendors have been handled by the forum moderators. I'm not commenting on your personal grievance with Geordi and I don't believe you should be either given your pending court action. I would certainly bear your review in mind in the extremely unlikely event I ever considered hiring Geordi.

I didn't fully read your story because it was too littered with irrelevant details but I believe the summary is:
- You paid Geordi a deposit for a vehicle you were planning to buy from him
- Geordi is unable to deliver said vehicle in the condition you agreed to buy it
- It's not clear if you both agree on the amount owing
- Geordi has agreed to return your money but indicated he cannot at the moment because he doesn't have sufficient funds

If you take this to court the judge will undoubtedly rule in your favour but given Geordi's stated financial situation I'm not sure what outcome you're looking for here. If Geordi doesn't have the assets to cover this the Judge will likely look at his income and order some sort of repayment schedule that he can realistically manage. You may or may not get awarded costs.
if i could screen shot and post the text conversation it would certainly clarify things for you,.yes there was a timeline, that was immediate since my jeep has been dead since june, then there is all the acknowledgments from (James) upon receiving money to delivery times and also the fact he was going to brooklyn anyway to drop his sisters CRD off, so this whole spin, is just that, spin, and utter bullpoop,coming from a kid who hides behind his parents and the keyboard, yes i was taken for a fool, but if this is any representation for what this site stands for, than you may assume the damage and discredit it does for the guys doing an honest thing here.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:32 am 
LOST Member

flman wrote:
jrsavoie wrote:
Personally there is no excuse for not returning a deposit or other money owed in a timely fashion.

If you want to borrow money, go to a bank. If you owe somebody money got to a bank and borrow the money and pay whoever it is you owe the money to.

I certainly could not afford to be owed $2000.

After reading this thread and the implications, I agree, and would be just as pissed if someone owed me $2000 with no good excuse.

and thats just the cost there,.ive hired another to come help, and upon inspection of the engine (JAMES) said we should chance on had obvious bad flaws and should have never been purchased with another persons money.please contact me anytime i will forward you the whole conversation 5082432285

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:35 am 
LOST Member

Sir Sam wrote:
PZKW108 wrote:
jrsavoie wrote:
Personally there is no excuse for not returning a deposit or other money owed in a timely fashion.

If you want to borrow money, go to a bank. If you owe somebody money go to a bank and borrow the money and pay whoever it is you owe the money to.

This is the most simple solution and the one that make more sense.

I can hear the judge saying these words !!!!!

Not everyone is in the position to just walk into a bank and get a loan. And I would guess the type of person that would have trouble paying back money might also be the person having trouble getting a loan.

Don't take the above to mean that I am takes sides with any party. I just want to point out that you cannot squeeze blood from a stone.
blood from a stone,.hmm so you agree its ok just to take a deposit and do with what you see fit long before the deal is done?Sir that notion mortifies me,.if you gave me a deposit and the deal fell thru, you would get your money back in the very envelope you presented it in, without question , without fail.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:42 am 
LOST Member

jrsavoie wrote:

If you want to borrow money, go to a bank. If you owe somebody money go to a bank and borrow the money and pay whoever it is you owe the money to.

Thank you sir for saying but not only is it the 2000 he stole but another 2,500 + 500 for an engine he (james) compelled me to purchase,(after trying to ply the turbo and head from me unsuccessfully) I'm finding out besides a busted crank shaft and now a destroyed turbo (not usable) the monthly costs of my jeep in a rental bay, now the costs of hiring another mechanic to help fix the problem,(this Mechanic is very honest and very hard working,. So besides the 2000 he stole, it would appear he also dupped me into buying a paper weight, and also getting 1,500 for his troubles, all this is adding up and his dubious plot thickens as well,.admittedly its my fault ,i should have done my homework.lesson learned.but i intend on letting everyone know, that there ARE good guys here, there is honesty here,(james ) grossly misrepresents this and brings discredit to those honest, hardworking people on this site.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:44 am 
LOST Member

flman wrote:
It is not about how much you made or didn't make, its about did Donny agree to let you hold on to $2000 of his money for an unspecified amount of time? If he did, then he has no recourse.

feel free to call me at 5082432285,,you can read the full conversation and come to your own conclusions.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:02 am 
LOST Junkie

highironcrd wrote:
papaindigo wrote:

thats very good new that you were happy with his, work, as was i when he changed out my timing belt, but ever since then he has not only lied ,spun and dodged the point of outright stealing 2k from me, now the plot thickens, the motor he advised me to take a risk on turned out to be a bigger dud than thought before, mind you when I purchased it,Geordi was on a mad scramble to keep what parts he wanted off of it with out paying, and got another 1,500 in travel expenses, the turbo is shot.he must have known this upon inspection do to the play in the turbo as well as the scoring in the housing from the spindle, I'm having the head pressure checked to see if that is even sale able.from the words of a true mechanic, that motor and its components were absolutely in poor shape, and anyone taking a chance on it should have spent their own money on it as well as inspecting it prior to passing it off on a customer .bottom line i have a 3000 dollar paperweight.the only words output of his mouth were "i feel bad about that"if i had given him the turbo and head who knows who he dubiously could have passed it onto, fell free to call my cell anytime i will forward you the who conversation. 5082432285.

Lesson to be learned here is - Never buy a used engine that you cannot hear run and test compression and stuff on, unless you are getting known to be good parts with it and not paying more than scrap weight.

Even an engine that was running good when pulled must have every opening capped or it is subject to damage.

I saw a 402 Chevy that was not buttoned up - Had mice crawl up the headers and nest in the heads.

I've seen mud daubers get in places where you would not want them - which is pretty much anyplace.

Do not leave anything open to the air - such as injector lines, injectors, anything else. I have seen a lot of engines that were worked on over the years, fail for unknown reasons.

I always have to wonder if possibly something got someplace where it should not have. I cringe when I watch most mechanics work. If there's an opening / plug it.

I've seen pieces of dirt fall into spark plug holes, bugs in engines, Lots of stuff.

Saw a 6.5 diesel that was not buttoned up have water damage from moisture that got in through an open exhaust valve.

Used engines and rebuilt engines are not worth much more than scrap unless you are very familiar with them

My new Mopar crate long block was about $5300. I would not invest to heavily in an unknown engine

Like I said, Used engines are worth scrap weight, Unless you know for sure about them - otherwise you just as well play craps or blackjack.

2006 Jeep Liberty CRD 142,000 miles New engine 2-2014, Green Eco tune, FS2500 bypass filter Weeks elbow, European Torque converter, brakes front UCA's wheel bearing and front hubs. Front hitch OEM lift pump
98 K2500 Suburban 6.5td
96 K1500 " 6.5td
95 2 door Tahoe 6.5td

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:30 am 
LOST Addict

highironcrd wrote:
blood from a stone,.hmm so you agree its ok just to take a deposit and do with what you see fit long before the deal is done?Sir that notion mortifies me,.if you gave me a deposit and the deal fell thru, you would get your money back in the very envelope you presented it in, without question , without fail.

I did not say that, please don't twist my statement or try to put words in my mouth.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:25 pm 
LOST Member

jrsavoie wrote:
highironcrd wrote:
papaindigo wrote:

Lesson to be learned here is - Never buy a used engine that you cannot hear run and test compression and stuff on, unless you are getting known to be good parts with it and not paying more than scrap weight.

Even an engine that was running good when pulled must have every opening capped or it is subject to damage.

I saw a 402 Chevy that was not buttoned up - Had mice crawl up the headers and nest in the heads.

I've seen mud daubers get in places where you would not want them - which is pretty much anyplace.

Do not leave anything open to the air - such as injector lines, injectors, anything else. I have seen a lot of engines that were worked on over the years, fail for unknown reasons.

I always have to wonder if possibly something got someplace where it should not have. I cringe when I watch most mechanics work. If there's an opening / plug it.

I've seen pieces of dirt fall into spark plug holes, bugs in engines, Lots of stuff.

Saw a 6.5 diesel that was not buttoned up have water damage from moisture that got in through an open exhaust valve.

Used engines and rebuilt engines are not worth much more than scrap unless you are very familiar with them

My new Mopar crate long block was about $5300. I would not invest to heavily in an unknown engine

Like I said, Used engines are worth scrap weight, Unless you know for sure about them - otherwise you just as well play craps or blackjack.
darn skippy brother very expensive lesson very well learned,..all the more reason to alert others of this practice, if said individual played on my lack of knowledge on this ,I'm sure there are others,..the idea of him doing this to others (as well as what he may be gundecking under someones hood),needs to be addressed by the honest vendors, the ones who literally would go out of their way to make a situation right. That truly and honestly care,Clearly from all that phone calls Ive fielded this person has been exploiting this site before he became a paid vendor, and as someone who subscribes for the help of others on my CRD,it stands to wonder how this misrepresentation brings down a good image set by people that worked hard on these things, to have a very good forum, A very good way for Newbies like me to understand the CRD world, to get the right information and appreciate Crd ownership, certainly not what I've gone thru,I hope. but i agree less trust, and do not go by someones gut word, this is a very expensive lesson indeed. :JEEPIN: :rockon:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:35 pm 
LOST Junkie

Quote:
darn skippy brother very expensive lesson very well learned,..all the more reason to alert others of this practice, if said individual played on my lack of knowledge on this ,I'm sure there are others,..the idea of him doing this to others (as well as what he may be gundecking under someones hood),needs to be addressed by the honest vendors, the ones who literally would go out of their way to make a situation right. That truly and honestly care,Clearly from all that phone calls Ive fielded this person has been exploiting this site before he became a paid vendor, and as someone who subscribes for the help of others on my CRD,it stands to wonder how this misrepresentation brings down a good image set by people that worked hard on these things, to have a very good forum, A very good way for Newbies like me to understand the CRD world, to get the right information and appreciate Crd ownership, certainly not what I've gone thru,I hope. but i agree less trust, and do not go by someones gut word, this is a very expensive lesson indeed. :JEEPIN: :rockon:

Do you know what a paragraph is? Trying using your enter key. Your walls of text are infuriating to read.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Provent @ 43,000 km
SEGR in progress
SAMCO Sport hoses @ 48500 km
Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac LT225/75R16

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:44 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

WolverineFW wrote:
Quote:

Do you know what a paragraph is? Trying using your enter key. Your walls of text are infuriating to read.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

I got the picture, no need to offend the guy.. we can't all be masters of the English language or writers like Shakespear.

Now on another note, what's the word on the 2G's? Everyone wants to know.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:17 am 
LOST Addict

Location: Oregon Coast Dairy Country. Land of stumps, dumps, and "Liquid Pumps"
Quote:
:roll:
Not everyone.
:juggle: Only people with no life who wish to make everyone else's business their own. :grim:

Sasquatch
DSS Turbo
CAT-elimntr
Weeks Stg1&2 EGRfix
PV-200
BLING
vent gauges

IDParts
head
cams
rockers
Timing set
ARP studs
eTn1 GX2123 5v GPs

YETI Custom Tune
Flowmaster 8325508
Carter P76611M
GM 12611872
Hayden 2986
GM 15976889
PATC Custom Billet
2010 Ram Hemi Trans
Sonnax 44957
Transgo kit
Cooper 51770

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:19 am 
LOST Member

GordnadoCRD wrote:
Quote:
Not everyone.
:juggle: Only people with no life who wish to make everyone else's business their own. :grim:

like you !!!!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:22 am 
LOST Junkie

Like I said, Used engines are worth scrap weight, Unless you know for sure about them - otherwise you just as well play craps or blackjack.[/quote] darn skippy brother very expensive lesson very well learned,..all the more reason to alert others of this practice, if said individual played on my lack of knowledge on this ,I'm sure there are others,..the idea of him doing this to others (as well as what he may be gundecking under someones hood),needs to be addressed by the honest vendors, the ones who literally would go out of their way to make a situation right. That truly and honestly care,Clearly from all that phone calls Ive fielded this person has been exploiting this site before he became a paid vendor, and as someone who subscribes for the help of others on my CRD,it stands to wonder how this misrepresentation brings down a good image set by people that worked hard on these things, to have a very good forum, A very good way for Newbies like me to understand the CRD world, to get the right information and appreciate Crd ownership, certainly not what I've gone thru,I hope. but i agree less trust, and do not go by someones gut word, this is a very expensive lesson indeed. :JEEPIN: :rockon:[/quote]

I learned this lesson a couple of times - but only to the tune of $300 or so. It took me a couple of times - slow learner - but the were not terribly expensive lessons

98 K2500 Suburban 6.5td
96 K1500 " 6.5td
95 2 door Tahoe 6.5td

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:26 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

PZKW108 wrote:
GordnadoCRD wrote:
Quote:
Not everyone.

like you !!!!

Ok, not you or you.

But you're still taking part in it, from behind your computer in this small world.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8