It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Time to say good bye - selling Prudence
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:07 am 
LOST Newbie

Hi all,

Can't say that I had to spend a lot of time here because Prudence was just a great little rig. But when I have had to consult you all it has been great! Thank you!

Prudence you ask? Yep, she got named when the weather was snowy and "prudence dictates that we take the Jeep."

Anyway, it is time to let her go to another home. The 2005 Limited has 209,000 miles on her with extensive engine work done one year ago - new head. She has an OME lift, Rock Lizard heavy duty roof rack, new this summer alternator, new about 500 miles ago thermostat, great Cooper Discoverer A/TW tires that have thousands of miles left - incredible snow tires, and recovery hooks added up front.

The not so good things - rust on the doors, not really bad, but there, and rust by the high mount brake light. Also some dents in the rear door from a kayak incident. And the big one, the a/c evaporator needs to be replaced, which was the last straw for us.

We have so enjoyed the Liberty and I think it is one of the most under rated vehicles out there. We spend almost two weeks last summer in Wyoming exploring back roads and forest roads. She handled everything we threw at her.

Even though we used it to its full capability it was never abused. I have always used synthetic oil, replaced parts with OEM or better - example: Timken wheel bearings instead of cheap knock-offs.

I really am sad to have to sell her, she has been one of the great vehicles that has taken us many many places, but it is time. Please contact me at bikesnrovers at gmail. for price and pics. :cry:

Thanks,
Tad