It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: P0093 engine dies and no restart!
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:46 pm 
LOST Newbie

Flash had also said in my thread that the solenoid​ on the back on the rail should ohm out between 20-50 ohms

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:57 pm 
LOST Junkie

also you can cap injectors one at time , i have old jumper tube that i weld the other end. if the pressure regulator solenoid leaks fuel when cranking , that means it failed . if we can cap that end then fuel pressure should increase if CP3 is performing properly , anyway , having fuel pressure gauges low and high pressure side would make it easier to diagnose , at it end if no luck with it , BOSCH techs can find the answer .

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:12 pm 
LOST Member

SmokinCRD wrote:
I was coming up a hill on way home from work other day and I noticed check engine light and surging. I came to the stop sign and it jeep shuts down and want restart. I scanned the jeep and had a p0299 code large fuel leak. Trailered jeep home to my shop and took my cts scanner from duramax to check rail pressure and turned it over and it would only build .3k fuel rail pressure. So I'm thinking my cp3 has puked. I have a low pressure gauge on the exit of fuel filter head and it's showing 15psi from my lift pump. Any more ideas to keep an eye on before tearing it down to have the cp3 rebuilt.

Any progress on this? I'm just on the start of gathering all info from Lost to start the diagnosis of similar issues.
Finding a lot of open ended threads!! I sent OP an email to see.

Sasquatch elbow kit, samcos, GDE eco FT. 11-26-14
80,500 miles, engine is disassembled, awaiting parts 3/18
Budget?? Sure! 'Everything I have'.
New "Pet" name for My Jeep; 'Soul Sucker'

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:14 pm 
LOST Addict

rancherman wrote:
SmokinCRD wrote:
I was coming up a hill on way home from work other day and I noticed check engine light and surging. I came to the stop sign and it jeep shuts down and want restart. I scanned the jeep and had a p0299 code large fuel leak. Trailered jeep home to my shop and took my cts scanner from duramax to check rail pressure and turned it over and it would only build .3k fuel rail pressure. So I'm thinking my cp3 has puked. I have a low pressure gauge on the exit of fuel filter head and it's showing 15psi from my lift pump. Any more ideas to keep an eye on before tearing it down to have the cp3 rebuilt.

Any progress on this? I'm just on the start of gathering all info from Lost to start the diagnosis of similar issues.

Post your codes and symptoms so we can help figure it out.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:38 pm 
LOST Member

I have a spare fuel rail with sensors from a running crd, it you need to borrow, just gotta pay shipping both ways :)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:46 pm 
LOST Member

flash7210 wrote:
rancherman wrote:
SmokinCRD wrote:

Post your codes and symptoms so we can help figure it out.

Here's the long and short: 2 yrs. ago, my wife was driving it to town. So about a 30 mile trip. let off the throttle, to coast up to the first stop sign, and discovered the engine was not running... no power steering. I come with the flatbed to haul it home, and tried to restart it. It 'popped' a couple times, then nothing. Just crank.
So, winched it on the trailer, and IIRC my son had his scan tool to check for anything, NOT THAT I CAN REMEMBER.
This was in the spring time, and farming was getting hectic, so it got put on the back burner for a summer/fall (or when ever I had a minute to work on it). Life had other plans, my wife and daughter were in a vehicle roll over accident, both ejected. They are ok now. and well, that pretty much has been my excuse for not 'playing' with the CRD. Fast forward to 2018!

Right now, It's tucked away in the shed, with a frozen battery. My plans are to get it rolled over to the lit shop, and get a good battery first. IIRC, I would've sworn I saw raw diesel on the inside of the Drivers rear tire.. and a little on the ground..as I winched it on the trailer.. but I may be wrong.
I'm going to get back with what I can see; any stored codes, and check out if I may have a fuel line issue coming out of the tank. Verify I have good solid fuel headed toward the CP3.
I didn't want to really post this until I had checked the typical reasons for 'died and won't restart'. Is there a sticky trouble shoot for 'died and no restart' on Lost? Seems like a fairly common issue. the FSM?
When I have more to share, I'll start a new thread, so it won't be buried here.

Sasquatch elbow kit, samcos, GDE eco FT. 11-26-14
80,500 miles, engine is disassembled, awaiting parts 3/18
Budget?? Sure! 'Everything I have'.
New "Pet" name for My Jeep; 'Soul Sucker'