It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Revs drop to 700 when come to a stop
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:40 am 
LOST Junkie

do not remove T connects from small return line! you need clear tubes 6mm outside 3 mm bore , push them in top of each injector

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:41 pm 
LOST Junkie

if you have difficulty making home made tube _jar test kit , you can do short cut test , jumped some rages around injectors just to socked spilled diesel fuel , removed clips and return hose with t fittings , run engine and visually observe amount fuel spilled from each injector that may help us determine if for injectors needs to go to bosch for more testing or not ? i wish we can adjust idle speed on this engine , but that is not my specialty LOL good luck

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:07 pm 
LOST Member

Thanks heaps Rankom. Hopefully my local hardware store has it today otherwise I will order it in this week and confirm next weekend. Thanks again

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:06 pm 
LOST Member

Ok took the car for a spin to collect some more data.

Whilst driving back home my and still live viewing the data but not logging, my dash lit up like a xmas tree and now I can't connect back to the ecu via torque pro. Started and shut it down about 12 times and still check light and still no connection.

Got home and now have the positive unplugged to see if I can reset the ecu. What has happened now?? What do I need to do?? EDIT: ok after a small battery break manage to get back in a got a bunch of sensor issues which i assume is the xmas tree display. Pic below

Also below is a pic of the Har fully at temp and stopped in drive with my breaks on

Here is a pic in just neutral woth bake on

Thanks in advance

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:44 am 
LOST Member

Sounds like either your PCM is failing, or you have a bad connection or short somewhere. I'd first check the common places the wiring harness is known for rubbing, behind the fuel filter bracket and on the angled bracket behind the alternator.

Also check the ground on the wheel well, located behind the left (drivers' side if you're in North America) headlight, underneath the power steering cooling loop. See this thread: http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=85586

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:10 am 
LOST Member

Ok had the car on Jacks with the wife going through park r n and D. There is a rattle coming from the transmission so I have booked in to a shop.

I tried doing to over flow test and unfortunately it did not work. The tube dimension did not fit and fuel leaked. I even put the clips back on. I think it might be 7mm or 8mm od that would work. So I'll get the shop to test it all.

As for the pcm it's not a grounding issue. Its the reader. I don't think it likes the adaptor and goes all crazy. I use a Bluetooth one and it always throWS the abs and brake light.

Will keep you posted on what the shop says.

Thanks again all.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:51 pm 
LOST Junkie

good ,shop should have proper testing tool kit to do leak off test . my testing tool have brass fittings they are 5.6mm so , i thought that 6 mm can be forced into return port , or other option is to go to larger hose because outer diameter of return port is 11.8mm ,in any case BOSCH bench test will provide accurate results if your shop decide to do that , hope they will get it to run smoothly.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:30 am 
LOST Member

So took it to a local shop and they could not connect to the ecu with any of their 3 scan tools. Is this because of my Green Diesel Eco tune? I don't think it is but I just want to double check.

I assume that I will need to take it to a dealer here to get the answers I am looking for.

Edit...the rattle is also there at shut down. Any ideas what it could be?

Cheers

Chris

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:51 pm 
LOST Junkie

well I'm guessing , rattle noise (motor mounts) don't go to dealer yet, also i didn't want you to brake them T fittings (RETURN LINE) but if you want to do it , yes it is possible to remove them with out braking them , get some hot water and soak them so gently separate them from small fuel lines , then use your 3mm clear hose on one end of T fitting and cap other end, so don't remove small hose from plastic fuel manifold located ls of engine that can brake easy , just pinch that small hose with vice grip pliers so fuel doesn't leak back .just work slow and you be ok you want brake them . i did this before i bough proper tester kit . yes i was careful and didn't brake any plastic t connects , good luck .

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:49 pm 
LOST Member

Hey rankom. I though about the mounts but I'm still curious to see what the cauae of the load at idle is. In all honesty everything is pointing to the front pump spring.

I have orders 4 right angle plugs for the top of the injectors that I will plug in then in to my clear hoses. I am curious now about the flow test.

Thanks heaps for replying. Hopefully will get the plugs in a couple of weeks to test and come back with some results.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:54 pm 
LOST Member

Well I am happy to say I have solved half my problem.

New engine and transmission mounts have fixed the rattle and noisy engine shut off. Although the transmission mount looked good, the engine mounts were gone. Visually ok but when shaking them, both had a metal rattle and a thumping rattle.

Car sounds amazing and when stopping although it still hits the 700 mark it sound like a normal car (well as it did before this problem was noticeable).

After Easter I will do the transmission pump and see if that fixes the problem.

Cheers

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:31 pm 
LOST Member

undrgnd wrote:
Car sounds amazing and when stopping although it still hits the 700 mark it sound like a normal car (well as it did before this problem was noticeable).
Out of curiosity, what RPM are you expecting when you come to a stop? 700 doesn't sound that out of the ordinary.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:55 pm 
LOST Member

To be honest I don't know. I only realized it dropped to 700 when the rattling came along as it sounded like it was stalling but with the new mounts the stalling like noise is gone.

I'm going to monitor it for a bit. Got a massive road trip over Easter so will report any changes

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:48 pm 
LOST Junkie

i say , before you remove the transmission , can you put it in neutral before coming to stop and see if rpm steel dropping low 700 mark ? also lot of people do guess work , the cheapest one i see was replacing M-prop valve , my first step would be give a friendly visit to fuel shop and ask questions. and also transmission experts , and lastly you get that transmission out for rebuild if you like to be 100% sure. happy easter!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:11 am 
LOST Member

Hey Rankom,

When I put it in N and come to a stop the car stays at 750 rpm with no rattle.

Happy Easter

Cheers

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:47 am 
LOST Member

Hey all,

After some research and chatting to professionals, i belive the problem is the torque converter as well as the front pump.

Before I order parts, in want to remove the transmission and have a look. Can anyone tell me what to look for with regards to a bad torque converter and pump?

I assume i can't remove the pump from the housing to inspect and then bolt back in if ok??

Any help and hints with removal of the transmission would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:38 am 
LOST Addict

760 rpm is what the tunes general call for as an idle speed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:26 am 
LOST Member

Thanks for the reply mass-hole. I am aware of that and once the car has stopped the revs do bounce back up to 760.

It feels and sounds like bad brakes when coming to a stop but there is no issue when rolling in neutral using the brakes to come to a complete stop. No rattle no nothing just when it's in drive.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:35 pm 
LOST Addict

Location: Oregon Coast Dairy Country. Land of stumps, dumps, and "Liquid Pumps"
I feel something similar in mine. I don't know if it's normal or not, but it doesn't bother me.
When I come to a full stop, and sit with the brake on, the transmission stays in 2nd.
It doesn't shift into first until I remove my foot from the brake to go onto the go pedal.
When I do that, there is a very slight but noticeable, ka-thunk, as it shifts into 1st.
If I am already in first, it does not do it.

Sasquatch
DSS Turbo
CAT-elimntr
Weeks Stg1&2 EGRfix
PV-200
BLING
vent gauges

IDParts
head
cams
rockers
Timing set
ARP studs
eTn1 GX2123 5v GPs

YETI Custom Tune
Flowmaster 8325508
Carter P76611M
GM 12611872
Hayden 2986
GM 15976889
PATC Custom Billet
2010 Ram Hemi Trans
Sonnax 44957
Transgo kit
Cooper 51770

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:51 am 
LOST Member

GordnadoCRD wrote:
I feel something similar in mine. I don't know if it's normal or not, but it doesn't bother me.
When I come to a full stop, and sit with the brake on, the transmission stays in 2nd.
It doesn't shift into first until I remove my foot from the brake to go onto the go pedal.
When I do that, there is a very slight but noticeable, ka-thunk, as it shifts into 1st.
If I am already in first, it does not do it.
Does yours come with a rattle?