It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Been a fun 11 years
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:11 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I'll still follow the CRD LOST forum but my 05 Limited is on its way, being driven by the new owners, to a good home in the frozen northland called Michigan.

If anyone is interested in hosting a bunch of CRD tech posts please email me. I've saved lots of old forum posts with images and links to the original posts. Obviously many of them still exist although they can be hard to find give the limits of the forum search engine and in some cases the image links are broken. What I have is a mixed bag of WORD and PDF documents although it would be easy for me to convert the WORD ones to PDF.

Sold to LOST member my 05 Ltd, GDE Stg II turbo + TCM tune, SunCoast TC w. Transgo kit, Steiger window regulators, Samcos, Fumoto valve, 2nd gen filter head with Lub. Spec. bleeder, Hayden clutch & 11 blade fan, inverted spare, P-1 battery, BF Goodrich Long Trail TAs, Etecno1 glow plugs, timing belt at 50K miles/8 yrs

Post subject: Re: Been a fun 11 years
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:56 pm 

Sorry to see you go! I have learned a few things from you over the past 3+ years that I have been a member!
Although we may not agree on everything 100%; that is what makes this forum so great, open and honest discussion..

Best of luck going forward! :wink:

ps. are you replacing the CRD with anything else?

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch
IronrockArms/wwdieselMount

98 Dodge Cummins 24 Valve

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:05 pm 
LOST Addict

papaindigo wrote:
I'll still follow the CRD LOST forum but my 05 Limited is on its way, being driven by the new owners, to a good home in the frozen northland called Michigan.

If anyone is interested in hosting a bunch of CRD tech posts please email me. I've saved lots of old forum posts with images and links to the original posts. Obviously many of them still exist although they can be hard to find give the limits of the forum search engine and in some cases the image links are broken. What I have is a mixed bag of WORD and PDF documents although it would be easy for me to convert the WORD ones to PDF.

If you email them to me I'll make a folder for reference materials along with the service manuals.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:40 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Thanks WWDiesel - after my wife passed away last March I couldn't justify keeping a Honda Element and CRD and eventually settled on trading the Element for a 2017 Ridgeline RTL and selling the CRD. Like the Ridgeline - rides well, quiet, wish mpg was closer to CRD, and it's going to take me forever to figure out all the bells and whistles (glad I did not get one of the "higher" tech models).

Sam - let me sort thru what I have and convert to PDF. May be too big to email but I can likely do a DVD. If this works out I'll do a post on the CRD Tech page with a like to your site with a list of topics covered.

Sold to LOST member my 05 Ltd, GDE Stg II turbo + TCM tune, SunCoast TC w. Transgo kit, Steiger window regulators, Samcos, Fumoto valve, 2nd gen filter head with Lub. Spec. bleeder, Hayden clutch & 11 blade fan, inverted spare, P-1 battery, BF Goodrich Long Trail TAs, Etecno1 glow plugs, timing belt at 50K miles/8 yrs

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:15 pm 
LOST Addict

It need not be all in one email.

You could also upload to a google dropbox for me to download.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:26 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Papa, our librarian?

Sorry to hear about your wife, life is way too short.

Godspeed to you sir.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:52 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I am in the 10 year club myself, I wonder how much longer I will hold out?

Good luck to you Pap.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:04 pm 
LOST Addict

Sorry to see you go Papaindigo... Thank you for being one of my first customers; I appreciated the faith you had in me.

My condolences on the passing of your Wife.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:24 pm 
LOST Addict

Good luck papaindigo! Enjoy your Ridgeline, I hear the vehicle is decent. Sincere condolences for the wife.

2005 kj CRD, samco, suncoast tc, provent, Kennedy lift pump, GDE ECO full torque, 2nd gen filter head, 245/70/16 a/t tires, mopar light bar, fumoto oil valve, OEM Skid Plates, ARB Front bumper and HD OME, tru cool LPD47391 40k GVW tranny cooler (stock cooler delete), FF Dynamics e-fan and shroud, rocker arms replaced, HDS2 190F thermostat.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:02 am 
LOST Member

thank you PapaDingo for everything you have done here.

2005 Jeep Liberty CRD 271'000+ KM's, ORM, Muffler Delete, MOROSO oil/air separator unit, 1000 CA battery, ARB Bull bumper, OME coils/shocks 2" lift. Custom BushRoo roof rack & Bush Joey hitch rack. Mobil1-301 oil filter & Mobil 1 DELVAC ESP 0W40 Full Synthetic oil, custom rear hatch cargo rack. RACOR 245 filterhead

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:03 pm 
LOST Addict

good luck with the new ride. Sorry to see you go.

I'm at just over 7 years with the CRD myself and I'm wondering how long it will hold out. I am hopping a few more years. The New Jeep don't really impress me save for the Wranglers. I don't know what exactly I'd replace it with now if it came to that. I was at the auto show this weekend, I really liked the Colorado and Canyon Duramax trucks but they might be a but out of my price range.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:09 pm 
LOST Member

Sorry to hear about the passing of your wife. Did your son not have any interest in a second CRD.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:59 pm 
LOST Member

My hats off to you Paps. I bought my thermostat from you and I have appreciate all the contributions you make to the board. You are always very thoughtful in your writing.

Gen 2 Fuel Head
GDE Eco Tune
ARP studs
Etechno (7v) Glow Plugs
F37
Kap 193 thermostat
Carter Lift Pump (Modified wiring harness)
Fumoto (CRD-108)
Bypass oil filter (2 micron)
Samco
Provent
Sears P-1 Battery
Secondary 2 micron fuel filter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:16 pm 
LOST Junkie

I'm very sorry to hear of the loss of your wife, and extend my condolences. I've been very grateful for your help and I'm glad that you'll still be dropping in. Good luck and take care.

Adrian

Light Khaki 2.8CRD: TJM alloy bumper; Skid Row &Asfir skids;ext. breathers; SAMCO hoses; Grabber At3 235/70/16; Fumoto; Euro TC; Odyssey PC1500;GDE FTEcotune; OME lift; lightforce driving lights;ARB diff cover;nylon fan+Hayden2905;ss vortex exhaust; Airflow snorkel; Frontrunner roofrack; rock rails

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:38 am 
LOST Newbie

On a lighter note, I'm now the new owner of Papaindigo's CRD. We drove the 1062 miles back to the frozen north, and it's been doing well.

The kids and even the wife like the Jeep a lot. Thanks for giving me the opportunity to buy such a well maintained vehicle. I hope to be marginally useful here as well, but It's going to be hard to live up to the 5K+ posts that Papa has posted over the past years.

Hello all!

-Chance

05 Ltd, GDE Stg II turbo + TCM tune, SunCoast TC w. Transgo kit, Steiger window regulators, Samcos, Fumoto valve, 2nd gen filter head with Lub. Spec. bleeder, Hayden clutch & 11 blade fan, inverted spare, P-1 battery, BF Goodrich Long Trail TAs, Etecno1 glow plugs, timing belt at 50K miles/8 yrs --Stolen from papaindigo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:10 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

t4thfavor wrote:
On a lighter note, I'm now the new owner of Papaindigo's CRD. We drove the 1062 miles back to the frozen north, and it's been doing well.

The kids and even the wife like the Jeep a lot. Thanks for giving me the opportunity to buy such a well maintained vehicle. I hope to be marginally useful here as well, but It's going to be hard to live up to the 5K+ posts that Papa has posted over the past years.

Hello all!

-Chance

Welcome the forum, it even comes with a ready made sig. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:29 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Papa I , Always enjoyed your posts, You will be missed!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:32 am 
LOST Newbie

All the best Pappa I.
Thanks to guys like you that share wisdom/expertise and common sense I have been able to work on my CRD. Before I had the Jeep I rarely did more than an oil/filter change. Now I even tackled the timing belt. :)
God speed.

Susp:Ironman Coils, Shocks new bushes and ball joints
Therm: Replaced
EGR: Cleaned, re-installed
CCV Catch Can
MAP sensor: Cleaned
Injectors: Repl
Alt pulley: Repl
Serp Belt: Repl
Crank Pos Sens: Replaced
T/B & W/P: Repl @ 200k Km
Repl Cer GP with Etechno 7V GP 212k Km
Repl CCV

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:54 am 
LOST Junkie

Dear PapaIndigo:

Your efforts on this forum have been and will continue to be greatly appreciated. I was not aware of the passing of your wife, but please accept my deepest belated condolences on your loss. My father told me shortly before his death that the hardest part of growing old was burying friends and loved ones, and as I get older myself, and the ratio of funerals to weddings continues to rise, I begin to truly understand.

Your presence will be greatly missed, sir. I wish you fair winds and following seas; may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine softly upon you, and until we speak again, may God hold you in the palm of his hand.

with warmest regards,
LMW

2005 Liberty CRD- ARP studs, Fumoto, Hayden FC, inline Tstat, ETechno 7v GP, Platinum P1, in-tank lift pump.
1983 Volvo D24T
1981 Volvo D24
Dodge Cummins TD
Case 580B
Mitsubishi MT180 diesel
Kubota BX25 diesel

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:50 pm 
LOST Member

Sad to hear you are leaving, I have always read your posts and appreciated your comments. Good luck with your new ride.