It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Here's a super craigslist ad - CRD related
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:20 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

https://newhaven.craigslist.org/cto/6040097614.html

Looks like it's a great vehicle with low mileage..... not sure how long the ad has been running and I don't know if it's been sold already but if you're in the market for a CRD but if everything works this one is a great buy. All it may need is a TB.

Post subject: Re: Here's a super craigslist ad - CRD related
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:53 pm 
LOST Addict

This one is not nearly as pretty but still a good deal
https://tampa.craigslist.org/hil/cto/5992267048.html

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:10 pm 
LOST Addict

This one is all setup and ready for a trip to Moab
https://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/cto/6021933607.html
Better snatch it up quick.
At that price it wont last long :ROTFL:

Post subject: Here's a super craigslist ad - CRD related
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:11 pm 
LOST Addict

flash7210 wrote:

Right, 20k for a jeep without even a locker, a steal [FACE WITH STUCK-OUT TONGUE AND WINKING EYE]. Lol. No pics with tires. But has inside leds and DVD player - both great for off-road. At that price you can get a tj plus a good Diesel engine and swap kit.

2005 kj CRD, samco, suncoast tc, provent, Kennedy lift pump, GDE ECO full torque, 2nd gen filter head, 245/70/16 a/t tires, mopar light bar, fumoto oil valve, OEM Skid Plates, ARB Front bumper and HD OME, tru cool LPD47391 40k GVW tranny cooler (stock cooler delete), FF Dynamics e-fan and shroud, rocker arms replaced, HDS2 190F thermostat.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:04 am 
LOST Member

thermorex wrote:
flash7210 wrote:

Right, 20k for a jeep without even a locker, a steal [FACE WITH STUCK-OUT TONGUE AND WINKING EYE]. Lol. No pics with tires. But has inside leds and DVD player - both great for off-road. At that price you can get a tj plus a good Diesel engine and swap kit.

it might be a bit high, but look at all the work done.....GDE tune, weeks 1/2, Arb Bumper etc etc

all those upgrades up here would cost WELL OVER $25,000 CDN , not including labour. Never mind the jeep itself. The Fuel Rims with Nitto Terra Grapplers alone is a $3500 CDN cost...

thats not a bad price considering the milage. I bought my CRD for $7000 CDN and then the repair costs....and i'm sitting at about $18,000 out of pocket now , with ZERO upgrades.

2005 Jeep Liberty CRD 271'000+ KM's, ORM, Muffler Delete, MOROSO oil/air separator unit, 1000 CA battery, ARB Bull bumper, OME coils/shocks 2" lift. Custom BushRoo roof rack & Bush Joey hitch rack. Mobil1-301 oil filter & Mobil 1 DELVAC ESP 0W40 Full Synthetic oil, custom rear hatch cargo rack. RACOR 245 filterhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:59 am 
LOST Addict

Bushman5 wrote:
thermorex wrote:
flash7210 wrote:

it might be a bit high, but look at all the work done.....GDE tune, weeks 1/2, Arb Bumper etc etc

all those upgrades up here would cost WELL OVER $25,000 CDN , not including labour. Never mind the jeep itself. The Fuel Rims with Nitto Terra Grapplers alone is a $3500 CDN cost...

thats not a bad price considering the milage. I bought my CRD for $7000 CDN and then the repair costs....and i'm sitting at about $18,000 out of pocket now , with ZERO upgrades.

I understand, but would you go to FL to buy it? Or would a Canadian go to Florida to get it? For US, this price is insane. My jeep has more upgrades than the one in the pic and if I get 8-9k for it, I should be happy. All maintenance up to date, no rust underneath side maybe some surface scratches that I fix every year, every suspension ball joint and bushing front and rear replaced less than 20k ago, sitting now at a bit over 140k miles, 80% thread left on bfg ta ko tires, suncoast, the winch is properly installed (look at the pics of the expensive crd to see that the guy used Phillips bolts for the winch mount), front and rear camera, additional gauges, dual battery, mopar light bar, front bumper led flood and spot lights, rear led flood lights, arb bumper and lift, etc etc. The market dictates the price, which for US, this jeep is very expensive. Plus, with all the mods, only a private party would be interested to get it, dealers don't like mods because they don't know how they were made and prefer stock configurations. So it is also harder to sell a modded vehicle. I predict the price will fall under 12k in few months, if he wants to sell it.

2005 kj CRD, samco, suncoast tc, provent, Kennedy lift pump, GDE ECO full torque, 2nd gen filter head, 245/70/16 a/t tires, mopar light bar, fumoto oil valve, OEM Skid Plates, ARB Front bumper and HD OME, tru cool LPD47391 40k GVW tranny cooler (stock cooler delete), FF Dynamics e-fan and shroud, rocker arms replaced, HDS2 190F thermostat.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:08 pm 
LOST Addict

Location: Somewhere between Heaven and Hell... But it is really hot here on Earth...
The Miami jeep is simple: The seller is trying to get dollar-for-dollar what he has put into the vehicle in mods and maintenance... And that isn't how it works, unfortunately.

He will have to see reality eventually, or he just won't have any interest in it.