It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: JBA 2.5 Silver package FRONT SHOCK PART NUMBER
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:37 pm 
LOST Newbie

I NEED A PART NUMBER FOR THE BILSTIEN SHOCK THAT WAS USED IN THE JBA 2.5 Silver package. JBA TECH SUPORT IS NO HELP.
I PUT THEM ON IN JULY 2017 AND NOW I HAVE A LEAK.
KAYAKER2

2.5 JBA Coilover Silver Package
Mopar Rear A Arm
Good Year All-Terrain Adventure with Kevlar 245/75R16
Samco Hoses
EGR Stage 2 Delete to install next

Post subject: Re: JBA 2.5 Silver package FRONT SHOCK PART NUMBER
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:07 pm 
LOST Member

Why are you shouting (all caps)?

Reason you can't get support from JBA is that they no longer make the lift kit. BUT...the shocks are from QA1 so if you go and look through their online catalog you can find their dual adjustable coilover shocks. Our Jeep Liberty will not be listed but the part number on your old shock should be on the face of the piston rod or you can browse through and match up the characteristics.

I think someone posted earlier about the part number from QA1, have to search for it. They had the same problem as you did.

Found it: it was on the other Jeep KJ forum...This is what the posted:
"....JBA ended up getting back to me and they recommended the
QA1 Proma Star
Double bearing
11.625in /16.875in
Part # SKU: DD501
For a direct replacement...."
https://www.qa1.net/automotive/suspensi ... ver-shocks

Hope this helps.

05 CRD; Rebuilt top end w/ARP studs, EGR delete, SEGR, 3.7L HD cooling fan, Samco hoses, in tank pump, JBA coil overs & control arms, KK clevis fork, 1/2" cradle drop, 1/4" motor mount lift, WJ rear upper trilink w/WW mount, WJ lower control arms, 4:10 gear, front/rear air lockers, ARB bumper, Rock Lizard sliders/roof rack, Mod T-stat

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:12 pm 
LOST Newbie

03black
Not shouting just lazy.
Thanks for the follow up That is what I am looking for but the price is pretty steep. not sure I will need the dual adjustment though. More important is the ride height. I need at least 2' or 2.5".
I am looking at the Bilstein B8 5100 With the clip adjustment and the Ironman Part Number: 12711GR with Nitro Gas Strut Trim Packer and i am not sure if those will lift that much.
Thanks
Kayaker2

2.5 JBA Coilover Silver Package
Mopar Rear A Arm
Good Year All-Terrain Adventure with Kevlar 245/75R16
Samco Hoses
EGR Stage 2 Delete to install next

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:12 pm 
LOST Junkie

03black wrote:
Why are you shouting (all caps)?

Reason you can't get support from JBA is that they no longer make the lift kit. BUT...the shocks are from QA1 so if you go and look through their online catalog you can find their dual adjustable coilover shocks. Our Jeep Liberty will not be listed but the part number on your old shock should be on the face of the piston rod or you can browse through and match up the characteristics.

I think someone posted earlier about the part number from QA1, have to search for it. They had the same problem as you did.

Found it: it was on the other Jeep KJ forum...This is what the posted:
"....JBA ended up getting back to me and they recommended the
QA1 Proma Star
Double bearing
11.625in /16.875in
Part # SKU: DD501
For a direct replacement...."
https://www.qa1.net/automotive/suspensi ... ver-shocks

Hope this helps.

I guess I'll never buy from JBA again. If theynare still in business and won't support their product,
I will do business elsewhere.

2006 Jeep Liberty CRD 142,000 miles New engine 2-2014, Green Eco tune, FS2500 bypass filter Weeks elbow, European Torque converter, brakes front UCA's wheel bearing and front hubs. Front hitch OEM lift pump
98 K2500 Suburban 6.5td
96 K1500 " 6.5td
95 2 door Tahoe 6.5td
94 K3500 cc srw 5 speed 6.5td
91 International Model 6 speed spicer 4700

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:48 pm 
LOST Member

Its not that they don't support, its just that they changed their business strategy and went back to their roots and focus on making control arms for various vehicles. Their lift kits were never a popular items especially for a small jeep market like our liberty and with more and more liberty's finding their way to the graveyard, it didn't make since to keep them around (note: not affiliated with them but had a long conversation with the owner)

I believe the original lift kits were pieced together from different manufactures with a couple of custom machine parts (ie clevis or clevis mount adapter) to make them fit the liberty.

I've never had a problem with their warranty or help with their control arms, they even rush shipped a few parts to make sure I could make a trail ride date. But its your money and you can do what you see fit.

05 CRD; Rebuilt top end w/ARP studs, EGR delete, SEGR, 3.7L HD cooling fan, Samco hoses, in tank pump, JBA coil overs & control arms, KK clevis fork, 1/2" cradle drop, 1/4" motor mount lift, WJ rear upper trilink w/WW mount, WJ lower control arms, 4:10 gear, front/rear air lockers, ARB bumper, Rock Lizard sliders/roof rack, Mod T-stat

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:03 pm 
LOST Junkie

If they don't stand behind it at least enou it gives me no hope for future service. They have done right by me in the past.gh to answer some questions,

2006 Jeep Liberty CRD 142,000 miles New engine 2-2014, Green Eco tune, FS2500 bypass filter Weeks elbow, European Torque converter, brakes front UCA's wheel bearing and front hubs. Front hitch OEM lift pump
98 K2500 Suburban 6.5td
96 K1500 " 6.5td
95 2 door Tahoe 6.5td
94 K3500 cc srw 5 speed 6.5td
91 International Model 6 speed spicer 4700