It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Finally bought a transmission
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:03 am 
LOST Addict

Dez wrote:
If you can run the 65rfe without any real modifications, can you run the 66rfe with a little bit of tuning possibly, with TCM As well?

I wanna know if this would work too, 66rfes gears are nicer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:57 am 
LOST Addict

The 66rfe is a true six speed transmission.
To be able to use one you would need to figure out how to program the TCM to use all six gears successively.
Or install a aftermarket stand-alone transmission controller that can be programmed easily.

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 12:56 am 
LOST Newbie

Update: It has been roughly three weeks or 600 miles since putting the 2015 transmission(65RFE) in the CRD. All is still well and to be honest, it has never shifted this good. After replacing both motor mounts, now the ride is sublime. When the transmission was out, I pulled the wiring harness out and wrapped it with new split loom and cloth tape. All the wires and transmission cooler lines near the exhaust were ran through high temp reflective sleeves. I tried to fix everything that I think mopar cut a corner on. The PLASTIC bearing in the transfer case extension which has a ton of play made me think WTF Chrysler? I installed the correct bearing from the 2wd extension. Obviously it was or became an issue because Mopar doesn't even list that plastic bearing as a part that is available.

The valve body in the new transmission 2012+ is different but will function exactly the same as long as you use a white plug solenoid pack.

Now to just get new tires so that I don't die when it rains.