LOST Newbie

Excellent info gentleman, thanks!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Post subject: Re: Electric universal inline pump setup/ignition tap
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:59 am 
LOST Newbie

Gentleman

I contacted facet/purolator.

The gentleman there expanded my mind about these pumps.

He went on to explain that the part number 40304 is the best one they have and at 6psi constant working pressure it will supply about 16GPH or about 34 ounces a minute.
We need to keep in mind that the numbers listed on the website are max, and not constant working numbers.

Using this as the example the 60104 another member mentioned would only flow about 2.75 psi at 24 ounces a minute. If this is enough to keep the CRD happy as it seems then the 40304 will be More than enough.

Just some good info for you all considering this.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:26 pm 
LOST Member

Relating to the tank-access question, I DID cut an access panel in my 2006 model when I did my in-tank pump. I used a non-sparking blade with a depth-setting to ensure I didn't hit the tank, but you could also loosen the tank straps and drop it an inch or so and not use the depth stop. Just be careful not to plunge through. One of the double-cut blades or a non-sparking Dremel would work. The reason I did this was from prior experience with other vehicles that had in-tank pump problems. After dropping the tank for the third time in my fathers truck to replace it, we just cut a hole in the bed and patched it when we were done. I cut a slightly larger steel panel to cover the hole afterward and used a high quality silicone to seal it back up when I was done, to prevent any exhaust fumes from working their way into the cabin.

I apparently didn't tighten the fuel lines enough the first time due to the connections feeling kind of weak on the Airtex pump. I actually had a line start to leak a few weeks after I was done and I was able to put it back on and tighten it up in a matter of minutes in the parking lot at work. That alone was worth the time spent creating the access panel, in my opinion!

Not trying to suggest anyone should do it, but for me it was the right way to go.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:11 pm 
LOST Newbie

APC

Good info.

Honestly I'm not sure what to think. If the issues were as previously mentioned with inline pumps I think more would complain.

I ordered the pump today from my local napa. 76 bucks.

Once I get her installed I will report back on the differences.