It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Bought another KJ CRD rather than a used engine
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:54 am 
LOST Addict

Location: Oregon Coast Dairy Country. Land of stumps, dumps, and "Liquid Pumps"
Just drop a hose out the bottom of the Provent down to a valve by the frame. (I heat-shielded mine from the exhaust) then just drain the goop with every engine oil / filter change.
As far as the internal Provent filter goes, it still looks brand new.

Sasquatch
DSS Turbo
CAT-elimntr
Weeks Stg1&2 EGRfix
PV-200
BLING
vent gauges

IDParts
head
cams
rockers
Timing set
ARP studs
eTn1 GX2123 5v GPs

YETI Custom Tune
Flowmaster 8325508
Carter P76611M
GM 12611872
Hayden 2986
GM 15976889
PATC Custom Billet
2010 Ram Hemi Trans
Sonnax 44957
Transgo kit
Cooper 51770

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:54 am 

craws010 wrote:
Thanks WWDiesel. That link is very helpful and the pic is great. Looks factory! I am going to route back to the intake after the ProVent as you and geordi have suggested.
How often are you emptying the filter housing or are you directing it back to the engine?

Just as Gordon suggested, put a long drain hose on bottom of ProVent filter housing and route it down next to frame rail. (keep it away from the exhaust pipe) Put a small globe valve on the end of the hose and drain it about once a month or at every oil change. I also spray and clean the filter and canister housing with brake cleaner at every oil change.

Odd thing on mine, as first right after ProVent install, It was collecting several ounces of oil, but in time it settled down to a lot less liquid as things got cleaned out.... :roll:

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch
IronrockArms/wwdieselMount

98 Dodge Cummins 24 Valve

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:19 pm 
LOST Newbie

Fantastic! I can always count on the members of LostJeeps to get me moving in the right direction.
I now have a brand new set of rockers/lifters and a timing belt kit from IDParts that I bought for the black CRD before I knew the extent of the engine damage and then found the Khaki one. I know the timing belt was done on the Khaki Jeep about 7K ago because the PO gave me a copy of the invoice.
I wish there was a way that I could tell if the rockers and lifters were already replaced so I could either sell this set or see about getting a store credit from IDParts for things that I could actually use right now. I am pretty sure that the PO didn't have them done. But the PPO may have. Unfortunately, I don't have any history from when he owned it. Any thoughts on the likelihood of them being replaced already at 179K? The jeep is running great with no unusual engine noises. I doubt that necessarily means they are good, but no strange noises is typically a good thing in my experience. Seems as if they have failed around the 130K mark for several owners from what I have read. But I am pretty sure proper care and maintenance plays a big part as to when/if they fail. Just hate to have them sitting around if there is a good chance that I won't need them any time soon.

07 WK CRD - GDE Eco Tune
04 WJ 4.0 - RC 4" lift

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:11 am 
LOST Newbie

Picked up this complete drivetrain for the black Jeep yesterday. It is from a wreck with 65K.
Wish I had another Weeks kit already so I could install it while the engine was out of the vehicle.

07 WK CRD - GDE Eco Tune
04 WJ 4.0 - RC 4" lift