It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Lift it or Leave it?
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 12:13 am 
LOST Member

I'm at the point I need shocks. Now. I'm torn between an ome lift and staying stock hight, the ground clearance would be nice, but even at a solid 6' tall I find stock hight comfortable for the day to day driving I do, I'm torn between a 3.5 inch raise (2.5 lift and 1 inch from tire diameter) and stock hight, I'd like to hear opinions either way before I decide, hopefully either way I'll pick up a couple sets of moabs so I can have a trailer with matching wheels.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 1:17 am 
LOST Addict

Well, the ride will be vastly better with OME shocks and springs. It rides firmer but with significantly better control. I did the ome's, plus top plate, plus Clovis spacer so a bit taller than you are thinking. Even then it is more stable than it was stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post subject: Re: Lift it or Leave it?
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 4:17 pm 

I did a 2.5 *Iron Man lift with additional 1/2" Clevis spacer for front bumper grill guard weight.
I am 6'2" and have no problems or issues getting in or out due to lift height, plus it rides and handles so much better than it did with the OEM junk! :shock:

*Don't think Iron Man is still available in this country?

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch
IronrockArms/wwdieselMount

98 Dodge Cummins 24 Valve

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 4:20 pm 
LOST Member

How did the lift and tires affect fuel economy?

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 7:55 pm 
LOST Addict

NapaBavarian wrote:
How did the lift and tires affect fuel economy?

Lulz. with that much lift, the 265/70r16 on Moab's, and the ARB bumper I average around 24-25. I live in the country in Utah so most of the time I am just cruising around at 50-65 mph. Highway it gets about 26 if I stay at 65 but starts to drop off above that.

Before all that stuff, which all was installed at the same time, I was averaging 29 mpg and normally getting 34 all highway and had seen 36 once or twice. This was in MA with a little more city driving on average.

All this was based on the EVIC so take the absolute numbers with a grain of salt but I should give you a rough idea of the decrease.

I only had the jeep here in Utah for about a month or two before my wife hit a deer which is why I got the ARB and put in the lift to hold it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 1:14 pm 
LOST Newbie

I purchased mine back in March with a 2.5 inch lift already installed. The suspension is looser than my Mazda 3, not much of a comparison. One size over stock on the tires. It adds a nice look with out being obnoxious. That and the desiel noise I get a lot of looks, mostly confused old men. I don't drive it enough to worry about mileage.

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 1:53 pm 
LOST Addict

Rollo wrote:
I purchased mine back in March with a 2.5 inch lift already installed. The suspension is looser than my Mazda 3, not much of a comparison. One size over stock on the tires. It adds a nice look with out being obnoxious. That and the desiel noise I get a lot of looks, mostly confused old men. I don't drive it enough to worry about mileage.

With the prices of diesel compared to gas lately its been about the same cost for me to drive my F150 as my Jeep so I havent worried to much about it either.