It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Favorite aftermarket Transmission cooler?
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 12:52 am 
LOST Newbie

Good Evening All!

Just replaced the original shocks, struts and U-joints at 130k (bought her @18K!).

I bought new transmission cooler lines at the same time because there was an obvious leak. Turns out after much cleaning and testing in a lift under power that it is the welds on the cooler tubes as they attach to the reservoir/tanks on the side. There are 6 or 7 leaking on the driver side and 4 on the passenger side (btw: I am not a big fan of this design but it seems to be common these days...).

Of course now I have to pull the bumper and grill... :shock:
I do have to say that they didn't skimp on the size of the tranny cooler but...

Anybody have a great aftermarket cooler that either lasts or is of different/old school design that fits?

Many Thanks!

2005 Black CRD Limited (18,000) now 130000 miles, GDE Eco-tune, Geordi timing belt job, Weeks delete and ARP studs. New rockers, head gasket, water pump and Etecno 7v plugs while we were in there. 100% Biodiesel 100% of the time!
2001 Dodge 24 valve Forest Green, 6" lift, full Banks Power Kit.

Post subject: Re: Favorite aftermarket Transmission cooler?
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 5:09 pm 
LOST Addict

Biosmell wrote:
Good Evening All!

Just replaced the original shocks, struts and U-joints at 130k (bought her @18K!).

I bought new transmission cooler lines at the same time because there was an obvious leak. Turns out after much cleaning and testing in a lift under power that it is the welds on the cooler tubes as they attach to the reservoir/tanks on the side. There are 6 or 7 leaking on the driver side and 4 on the passenger side (btw: I am not a big fan of this design but it seems to be common these days...).

Of course now I have to pull the bumper and grill... :shock:
I do have to say that they didn't skimp on the size of the tranny cooler but...

Anybody have a great aftermarket cooler that either lasts or is of different/old school design that fits?

Many Thanks!

I have one at home that I intended to install years ago but never got too. I can post up the exact details. It was recommended by other folks on here.

I may be able to ship it too you if the price makes sense(shipping doesn't cost more than you just buying it locally)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk