It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: three warning lights on then off
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:59 am 
LOST Newbie

My 2006 CRD has the three yellow trouble lights on. At times, these lights will go off and then come back on after a bump ( the truck is in Belize with a lot of speed bumps). I had all of the wheel ABS sensor replaced but the problem is still with me. I have come to the conclusion that I have a bad wire in the sensor circuit. Has any one had this issue and is there a good way to find the bad wire, if it is a wire. Any other ideas??

Post subject: Re: three warning lights on then off
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:56 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

"Three yellow trouble lights on" is not enough information for anyone to help; which three? Go to https://justgivemethedamnmanual.com/jee ... s-manuals/ and open the 06 KJ owner's manual; scroll down to page 172; based on that picture identify the lights that are on by number AND name.

Sold to LOST member my 05 Ltd, GDE Stg II turbo + TCM tune, SunCoast TC w. Transgo kit, Steiger window regulators, Samcos, Fumoto valve, 2nd gen filter head with Lub. Spec. bleeder, Hayden clutch & 11 blade fan, inverted spare, P-1 battery, BF Goodrich Long Trail TAs, Etecno1 glow plugs, timing belt at 50K miles/8 yrs

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:13 pm 
LOST Junkie

if you have code U0429 possibly a problem with steering angle sensor ? ?? or C121C , this clock spring is very expensive, examine before purchasing one

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:07 pm 
LOST Newbie

the lights that are on then off are the ABS, Traction control, and BSA. the code shows the rear wheel ABS sensors are bad..these were replaced with factory units.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:58 pm 
LOST Member

Sounds like your initial diagnosis is correct. I would first check to see if the connectors are clean, tight and locked. The lock is broken on one of my car's speed sensor connectors and I was able to solve the problem by zip tying the two pieces together. Haven't had any problem since. Also, have you done any visual inspection of the sensor wires? Maybe you could see an issue, like chafed insulation, pinching, etc.

2005 Liberty Limited CRD; Air Filter Monitor; Samco Hoses; GDE HOT Tune; RL037142AA TC; KJ Interior Rack from All J Products; JBA Adjust-a-strut lift and A-Arms; 245/75R16 Firestone Destination ATs on Moabs; ARB Bumper; ASFIR Skids; FS-2500 Bypass Filter; ARP studs.
2016 Grand Cherokee Overland CRD.