It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Viscous heater coolant hose location
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:42 pm 
LOST Newbie

A little about what I have done. Removed head cleaned all the buildup out of it and the cam carrier/intake. Installed new exhaust valves, lifters, rocker arms, valve seals, and arp studs. While doing the work I installed the weeks stage 1,2 kits. It is all done and the truck drives good 40 miles now. But I looped out the viscous heater (relay already removed) and didn't take a picture of the coolant house routing of the engine before. I searched pictures and videos and I can't see a clear image of the hose routing. I need it so I know if I have my hoses on correctly. I don't want to cause engine damage. Any help would be appreciated.

05 CRD Ltd new rockers, lifters, valves, arp's, weeks 1,2 Id silicone hoses full 3" exhaust, Carter intank pump, Hayden/GM fan 4”Lift Jba upper fronts, new front lowers, cut cv’s, bilsteins, 790’s, top plate, 2 conduit nuts, Iron Rock adjustable 3 link, custom diff bracket Jba 4” rear springs 16x8 rubi wheels 265/75 Yoko’s, manual tans/w231

Post subject: Re: Viscous heater coolant hose location
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:33 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

If by bypassed viscous heater you mean not connecting coolant hoses to it then... There is little short "bent" hose from the tstat to the VH inflow and a longer hose from the VH outflow to one of the heater hoses, unfortunately I cannot remember if it's the upper or lower heater hose. To bypass coolant from the tstat directly to the heater core simply hook the outflow from the tstat (where that "bent" hose connected) directly to the heater core inflow.

Sold to LOST member my 05 Ltd, GDE Stg II turbo + TCM tune, SunCoast TC w. Transgo kit, Steiger window regulators, Samcos, Fumoto valve, 2nd gen filter head with Lub. Spec. bleeder, Hayden clutch & 11 blade fan, inverted spare, P-1 battery, BF Goodrich Long Trail TAs, Etecno1 glow plugs, timing belt at 50K miles/8 yrs

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:51 pm 
LOST Newbie

Thanks, that's what I did and the coolant flow diresction looked correct but I have an issue where I think to myself a bunch of what if's when I'm done a project. I've always done it. Just needed some piece of mind.

05 CRD Ltd new rockers, lifters, valves, arp's, weeks 1,2 Id silicone hoses full 3" exhaust, Carter intank pump, Hayden/GM fan 4”Lift Jba upper fronts, new front lowers, cut cv’s, bilsteins, 790’s, top plate, 2 conduit nuts, Iron Rock adjustable 3 link, custom diff bracket Jba 4” rear springs 16x8 rubi wheels 265/75 Yoko’s, manual tans/w231

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:59 pm 
LOST Newbie

If you need a picture of something under the hood I'm going to pull out a engine next week, I can take a picture of anything you need, just let me know.

I see you changed your exhaust valves, the engine I'm going to pull most likely broke a valve. What did you use for valves and where did you get them?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:30 pm 
LOST Newbie

I took the easy route and ordered everything from ID parts. The valves were from V/M. I replaced a bunch of stuff while I had it apart.

Thanks for the offer of pics but it's good.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:33 pm 
LOST Junkie

Good that you replaced all the necessary parts and yes ID parts are good people , you said your valves are from VM that is good so , i like to know if they are updated version or if they didn't updated them , the reason I'm asking is , i did install updated version ROCKERS from VM factory in POLAND and they seem to perform better than original VM rockers and lifters , but i have no idea who makes the previous rockers , i do have the old ones but there are no marking on them or where they were made , again if you have any idea where they make this valve please let us know .

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:43 pm 
LOST Newbie

I don't have pictures of the boxes but both the rocker/lifter's and the valve's were in VM packaging. I did not look at the part numbers on the boxes or anything like that. I just checked fitment and installed.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:58 pm 
LOST Member

rankom wrote:
again if you have any idea where they make this valve please let us know .

The exhaust valves I received from idparts last fall (September? October? 2016) said MADE IN TURCHIA on the package, which is apparently Italian for Turkey.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:58 pm 
LOST Addict

Location: Oregon Coast Dairy Country. Land of stumps, dumps, and "Liquid Pumps"
I've heard of people having Pig Valves before, but never Turkey Valves.

Sasquatch
DSS Turbo
CAT-elimntr
Weeks Stg1&2 EGRfix
PV-200
BLING
vent gauges

IDParts
head
cams
rockers
Timing set