It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Post pics of your offroad kj's
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:32 pm 
LOST Junkie

Long story short a deer totalled my kj july of '15, i bought it back and shoved it into a barn. I work in the ag drainage industry, as well as pipeline projects (water mains, sewer mains etc) so i spend 99% of my day off road.
The need has risen for me to source an offroad rig to do my gps surveying. the current vehicle, a kubota rtv 1100 is on its 3rd head gasket, and it gets old having to hook up my trailer and haul it all the time.
So far ive shopped at JBA and will probably order from there, but before i do i want to see others rides. I definitely have to do a lift, front bumper, snorkel, and bigger tires. Sliders would be a plus. So post up pics of your rigs, i need ideas!!

05 Liberty Limited CRD, converted to KPA 2863 ball bearing and billet turbo, 50hp injectorsl, complete egr delete, cooling fan delete, weeks intake kit, cummins in tank lift pump, ARP studs, 3" turbo back exhaust, samcos, etecno plugs, GDE trans tune, custom GDE engine tune.

Post subject: Re: Post pics of your offroad kj's
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:38 pm 
LOST Junkie

Heres the current rig:

The tracks were for flotation on muck ground, the extra ground clearence definitely helps too.

05 Liberty Limited CRD, converted to KPA 2863 ball bearing and billet turbo, 50hp injectorsl, complete egr delete, cooling fan delete, weeks intake kit, cummins in tank lift pump, ARP studs, 3" turbo back exhaust, samcos, etecno plugs, GDE trans tune, custom GDE engine tune.

Post subject: Post pics of your offroad kj's
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:00 am 
LOST Addict

I went OME coilovers in the front with the stiffest spring option(948's?) plus JBA's top plate and 1/4" Clevis spacer, also have JBA UCAs. Rear is JBA 2.5" springs with extra isolator on top and OME shocks. Also did the 1 hockey puck on each side to extend the bumpstops. Tires are 265/70R16 duratracs on Moab wheels. May go to 265/75 when these are done. I wouldn't run these tires on a stock tune or even the GDE eco tune without gearing if you live near any hills(I know that's not an issue for you with the turbo) I get by with the GDE hot tune.

I would probably go with the mid range spring in the front without a winch. Mine ride pretty stiff. I am also thinking about removing either the clevis spacer or top plate because I get either the UCA to spring contact or UCA to UCA pocket contact just driving around or pulling into my garage.

My jeep also had a deer encounter which is why I have the arb. Mine is rhino lined which really helped the look. I will say the arb was a little disappointing in that the fit and finish(turn signals, fog fitment, instructions, etc) sucked considering how much it costs. The bumper itself is very nice.

I am also looking to get armor underneath. I also think the Jeep could benefit a lot from front swaybar discos. Just fooling around in the garage I noticed a huge difference in front end articulation with the end links off. With them on, the front stays almost rigid until you eat up all the rear travel and hit the bump stops, then it might start to compress. The couple of times I have been out on trails i thought my teeth were gunna fall out compared to how my F150 rides.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:58 pm 
LOST Addict

1 inch lift.
245-75-16 tires.
Cheap ugly bolt on TJ bumper.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:22 am 
LOST Member

Sorry for the crappy picture quality...

#1 2006 Silver CRD Limited, flipped spare tire, ASFIR skids, GDE TCM & Ecotune, blue SAMCOs, 5V glow plugs, Rotella T6, intank fuel pump, Gen2 fuel head, new crank sensor, JBA 2.5 in silver package, Provent and ARB bumper
#2 2006 Metallic Green Limited; currently DOA
#3 2005 Silver project; currently not running...don't judge me

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:36 pm 
LOST Addict

Still have smaller tires, due to the fact I had them when I added a OME lift and arb bumper. I think for this lift kit the ideal wheel size is just under 31inch, which would be 245x75x16, currently tires are 245x70x16. I'd advise to add at least a rear on demand locker and winch, probably a winch anchor, since you mention going offroad, probably by yourself. ImageImage

2005 kj CRD, samco, suncoast tc, provent, Kennedy lift pump, GDE ECO full torque, 2nd gen filter head, 245/70/16 a/t tires, mopar light bar, fumoto oil valve, OEM Skid Plates, ARB Front bumper and HD OME, tru cool LPD47391 40k GVW tranny cooler (stock cooler delete), FF Dynamics e-fan and shroud, rocker arms replaced, HDS2 190F thermostat.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:47 am 
LOST Member

couple of pics to give you some ideas... :JEEPIN: :pepper:

2005 Jeep Liberty CRD 271'000+ KM's, ORM, Muffler Delete, MOROSO oil/air separator unit, 1000 CA battery, ARB Bull bumper, OME coils/shocks 2" lift. Custom BushRoo roof rack & Bush Joey hitch rack. Mobil1-301 oil filter & Mobil 1 DELVAC ESP 0W40 Full Synthetic oil, custom rear hatch cargo rack. RACOR 245 filterhead

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:53 am 
LOST Addict

Location: Oregon Coast Dairy Country. Land of stumps, dumps, and "Liquid Pumps"
Dang, dude! Why do you even have a rear-view mirror?

I really do like that shelf though... and the multi-whatever carrier in the hitch receiver.

Sasquatch
DSS Turbo
CAT-elimntr
Weeks Stg1&2 EGRfix
PV-200
BLING
vent gauges

IDParts
head
cams
rockers
Timing set
ARP studs
eTn1 GX2123 5v GPs

YETI Custom Tune
Flowmaster 8325508
Carter P76611M
GM 12611872
Hayden 2986
GM 15976889
PATC Custom Billet
2010 Ram Hemi Trans
Sonnax 44957
Transgo kit
Cooper 51770

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:43 am 
LOST Addict

Bushman, very ingenious mind! I can see you made most of accessories and it's brilliant imo. Nice use of the metal corner beads and u-joints.

My eyes went on rear shelf too, and the question is how does it stand, do you have some legs on it or just sits on the plastic sides? Did you fix/secure it, so it won't move in case of, knock on wood, rollover?

2005 kj CRD, samco, suncoast tc, provent, Kennedy lift pump, GDE ECO full torque, 2nd gen filter head, 245/70/16 a/t tires, mopar light bar, fumoto oil valve, OEM Skid Plates, ARB Front bumper and HD OME, tru cool LPD47391 40k GVW tranny cooler (stock cooler delete), FF Dynamics e-fan and shroud, rocker arms replaced, HDS2 190F thermostat.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:23 pm 
LOST Member

here ya go, i copied someone else here though....so the credit does not go to me.... 8)

viewtopic.php?f=59&t=84918

2005 Jeep Liberty CRD 271'000+ KM's, ORM, Muffler Delete, MOROSO oil/air separator unit, 1000 CA battery, ARB Bull bumper, OME coils/shocks 2" lift. Custom BushRoo roof rack & Bush Joey hitch rack. Mobil1-301 oil filter & Mobil 1 DELVAC ESP 0W40 Full Synthetic oil, custom rear hatch cargo rack. RACOR 245 filterhead

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:14 pm 
LOST Addict

Doesn't matter, I think it's smart anyways. Thanks for the pics, I like the idea and I'll make one also.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:20 pm 
LOST Addict

Curiosity... Lol. What's on the right of the pic, a unimog?

Also, in the ammo cans, do you have ammo or other gadgets?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:28 pm 
LOST Addict

I like all of them :BANANA: :!: :!:

I would have guessed MH garage would be spotless!!

Really like all the storage ideas

Actually like flashes front bumper kinda classic functional but definitely not FLASHEY :ROTFL:

06 D Khaki Lim 126K wkII Eur TC
05 D khaki Lim 145k refurbishing
All CRDS: Fumoto, Lift , Fan Shroud mod, fuel head Gen II, SAMCOS,self TB, 2 Mic filt, Hayden

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:11 pm 
LOST Member

thermorex wrote:

yes, unimog on the right, its my buddies.

ammo cans hold ratchet straps and 5MM climbing rope (lashing ) . The other ammo can holds bear spray during transport. (for safety...buddy had a can go off in his truck while driving....

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:39 pm 
LOST Member

thermorex wrote:
Bushman, very ingenious mind! I can see you made most of accessories and it's brilliant imo. Nice use of the metal corner beads and u-joints.

My eyes went on rear shelf too, and the question is how does it stand, do you have some legs on it or just sits on the plastic sides? Did you fix/secure it, so it won't move in case of, knock on wood, rollover?

those are actually 1/8" thick aluminum angles, hand drilled, chamfered holes and hand cut corners, then filed and sanded satin smooth.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:43 am 
LOST Addict

Bushman5 wrote:
thermorex wrote:

yes, unimog on the right, its my buddies.

ammo cans hold ratchet straps and 5MM climbing rope (lashing ) . The other ammo can holds bear spray during transport. (for safety...buddy had a can go off in his truck while driving....
Sorry for being so nosy... I was just curious. I keep my handheld radios and battery packs for cellphone in ammo cans since they jeep water away. I was curious what they hold for you. I like to find out what others do to "inspire" me, this is how you learn things.