It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Coolant Hose
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:16 am 
LOST Addict

Does anyone know where to get the hose that goes from underneath side of the adapter pipe part number 5072704AA that attaches to back of the water pump that has the main hose to coolant reservoir on top side attached to this adapter. The hose I am looking for is the one that goes from bottom of this adapter to I believe the oil cooler. Part number for IT? I can't ever search correctly in the FSM.

Cannot find it even listed on several of the online molar places and ID parts doesn't have it (i emailed them)

In lieu of the actual factory hose, since it comes off a 90 elbow does anyone know if just apiece of heater hose will work without Kinking. I kinda think it would but would like to know beforehand. (i believe its 3/4 inch size)

Also has anyone replaced this hose by removing just the adapter pipe from the water pump? I know a long time ago Sir Sam said to make sure and replace this hose back when people were removing whole water pump to replace it with TB job.

Thanks

06 D Khaki Lim 126K wkII Eur TC
05 D khaki Lim 145k refurbishing
All CRDS: Fumoto, Lift , Fan Shroud mod, fuel head Gen II, SAMCOS,self TB, 2 Mic filt, Hayden

Post subject: Re: Coolant Hose
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:12 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Can you link a picture of the hose? I ask as if it's a 90 elbow and pretty short then IIRC my 1993 Dodge D250 Cummins had a couple of these in the coolant lines to the heater core.

Sold to LOST member my 05 Ltd, GDE Stg II turbo + TCM tune, SunCoast TC w. Transgo kit, Steiger window regulators, Samcos, Fumoto valve, 2nd gen filter head with Lub. Spec. bleeder, Hayden clutch & 11 blade fan, inverted spare, P-1 battery, BF Goodrich Long Trail TAs, Etecno1 glow plugs, timing belt at 50K miles/8 yrs

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:32 pm 
LOST Addict

I don't have a picture at least not yet but it is not a 90 hose it attaches to the 90 elbow fitting on the bottom of the adapter pipe. The fitting it attaches to is square where it attaches to the adapter pipe and after 90 transitions to round pipe for hose to fit on it could go to block in area of oil cooler . Thats why I think a straight heater hose might work because the metal 90 makes hose pretty straight from there toward oil cooler or block.

All CRDS: Fumoto, Lift , Fan Shroud mod, fuel head Gen II, SAMCOS,self TB, 2 Mic filt, Hayden

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:57 pm 
LOST Addict

Ok apparently it is a curved hose .Papaindigo you have a picture best one I have seen of it in your post on colorado four wheeler look at the Timing Belt change by Scott Allen Clark and just after talking about getting bolts out for water pump he posts a picture of it with a big yellow arrow on the Pic . I would post it here but I couldn't get he image to copy. Thats the one he says to change while you are there because it is such a PITA not his words.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:00 pm 

If your in a hurry, go to NAPA and get a 90 deg. molded 3/4 in. heater or bypass hose and cut to length. They should have plenty of them.
If not,
Is it item no. 2 in first drawing?
If so, the part no. is: 05142790AA
It is available at:> http://www.factorychryslerparts.com/pro ... 790AA.html
Price is $10.80

Image Here is another diagram that may be of some help? Image

:SOMBRERO:

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch
IronrockArms/wwdieselMount

98 Dodge Cummins 24 Valve

Last edited by WWDiesel on Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:33 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Ok I see the picture in the timing belt post and the parts diagram. I think WWdiesel is right just go to a decent parts store with the piece of hose in question and they should be able to match it although you may have to cut to length. Looks like that Dodge hose I mentioned that I got at a regular parts store way back when.

Sold to LOST member my 05 Ltd, GDE Stg II turbo + TCM tune, SunCoast TC w. Transgo kit, Steiger window regulators, Samcos, Fumoto valve, 2nd gen filter head with Lub. Spec. bleeder, Hayden clutch & 11 blade fan, inverted spare, P-1 battery, BF Goodrich Long Trail TAs, Etecno1 glow plugs, timing belt at 50K miles/8 yrs

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:06 pm 
LOST Addict

ok thanks

Does anyone have any idea if you can get the adapter pipe off and change that hose without removing water pump?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:43 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Assuming for the purposes of speculation that this hose is essentially the same as on the Dodge I used to have it might be possible but difficult. On the Dodge at least one of the 3, IIRC, I had to deal with was in very tight quarters. I was able to undo the silly OEM tension clamps and break the hose ends loose (they tend to friction weld to the pipes as you probably know) and get the old hose off. To get back on IIRC I draped new worm clamps (not tension clamps) over the fittings; applied a bit of silicone spray for lube to the inside of each end of the new hose; and with a bit of bending was able to get the hose started at both ends and then worked the ends under the clamps which I then tightened. Took a vow to never personally deal with those hoses again.

Don't know if this will work on the CRD but food for thought.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:55 pm 
LOST Addict

Thats about what I thought. Should be able to tell more when get all the surrounding stuff out of the way. I wanted to go ahead and order it to get here by weekend may try part number search from WW number but if need to should be able to source substitute locally.

Thanks again and thanks for that library of how TO s etc just wish there was an outline to each topic and page numbers etc to be able to link to etc.

Maybe some of the computer literate could handle that :ROTFL:
But seriously it would be helpful. Appreciate all you have done.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:01 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Best I could do was gather up what I'd saved over the years when I sold my CRD; convert everything to PDF; add bookmarks to the PDF (they should show on the left side of the document once you download it); and have SirSam post.

If there is a way to hyperlink to bookmarks inside a PDF it's beyond me.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:54 pm 

papaindigo wrote:
If there is a way to hyperlink to bookmarks inside a PDF it's beyond me.

If you have Adobe Acrobat Pro software installed, you can add Hyperlinks within the pdf's to most anything. Text, Pictures, a certain page, etc... :wink:

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:08 am 
LOST Addict

Thanks for info WW . I know I used to be able to do this with a different computer a long time ago. I actually joined in late 2009 or early 2010 when I was considering buying the first CRD when my oldest son turned 16 . Bought it day before his birthday and we went to ST Louis to pick it up together April 2010. Somehow, about that time the site went down for awhile then I didn't use it for a year or so and next time I went to sign in I couldn't so I used my sons account for a while then finally got the board administrator or moderator or whoever and they fixed it . Back then was using a windows system though.

I will get my youngest son on this since he has more time and skills than I have. I know I have adobe acrobat but don't think its the pro version and I probably haven't even updated it recently. Have been kinda if it aint broke and it works don't fix it with computers for many years. I did take computer programming in undergraduate but that was Fortran and Xenix and we used punch cards and the computer took up a room about 30 x 30 and still probably didn't do a 1000th what the computer i am using now will do

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:12 am 

If you bought Adobe Acrobat Pro I believe you would remember it! Back when I was working before I retired, it cost several hundred dollars to purchase the software. I believe the package my company bought was around $600+ dollars way back when.

Now they they sell it on a monthly fee basis of $14.99 or the software can be purchased for a little over $400.00 dollars.
If you happen to be a student and can prove it, you can buy it for $119.00 from Newegg, thats a deal!

I still have it along with several other high dollar softwares on my old XP box including Microsoft Visio, but have to go to the basement to use them where I have the old XP box set up.
Would love to have them on this Windows 10 box, but the prices are prohibitive... :shock:
:SOMBRERO:

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:48 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Several comments:
1. I have Adobe Acrobat X Pro standalone and yes over the counter price was $600+ back when we got it.
2. I know how to add hyperlinks inside a PDF so one can click on the link in an open PDF and go to a Web site. That's easy and many of the tech tips articles have a tie back to the original LOST or other site post.
3. what I don't know, and am not sure I "love" LOST enough to do, is how to open a PDF that's on the Web; create a link(s) in that PDF; so those links can then be placed on another Web site so when clicked on they take you to the PDF. Sort of like having the bookmarks in my tech tips PDF in a sticky on a LOST post so you could click on a particular bookmark and immediately go to that place in the PDF over on SirSams Manual site.

wwdiesel - if you "own" a version of Adobe Pro it's easy to move that program from your XP box to a Windows 10 box. The simple version is you need to "deactivate" (see the Help drop down menu) the program on the XP and install and reactivate it on the Windows 10 box. Of course both PCs must connect to the Internet and you must have your Adobe "key" (mine is stored on a "how to reload PCs document" and is registered on the Adobe site). This gets a bit hinky if you got Adobe Pro as part of something like Creative Suite # in which case you have to look thru the suite applications to find the deactivate option. BUT as I recall you can have Adobe Pro on 2 machines so long as you are not using the program on both machines at the same time. My suggestion is load the Adobe program you own on the Windows 10 machine; activate it; make sure it runs and works properly; then and only then deactivate it on the XP machine.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:34 pm 

papaindigo wrote:
Several comments:
1. I have Adobe Acrobat X Pro standalone and yes over the counter price was $600+ back when we got it.
2. I know how to add hyperlinks inside a PDF so one can click on the link in an open PDF and go to a Web site. That's easy and many of the tech tips articles have a tie back to the original LOST or other site post.
3. what I don't know, and am not sure I "love" LOST enough to do, is how to open a PDF that's on the Web; create a link(s) in that PDF; so those links can then be placed on another Web site so when clicked on they take you to the PDF. Sort of like having the bookmarks in my tech tips PDF in a sticky on a LOST post so you could click on a particular bookmark and immediately go to that place in the PDF over on SirSams Manual site.

wwdiesel - if you "own" a version of Adobe Pro it's easy to move that program from your XP box to a Windows 10 box. The simple version is you need to "deactivate" (see the Help drop down menu) the program on the XP and install and reactivate it on the Windows 10 box. Of course both PCs must connect to the Internet and you must have your Adobe "key" (mine is stored on a "how to reload PCs document" and is registered on the Adobe site). This gets a bit hinky if you got Adobe Pro as part of something like Creative Suite # in which case you have to look thru the suite applications to find the deactivate option. BUT as I recall you can have Adobe Pro on 2 machines so long as you are not using the program on both machines at the same time. My suggestion is load the Adobe program you own on the Windows 10 machine; activate it; make sure it runs and works properly; then and only then deactivate it on the XP machine.

I would think the hyperlink must be created within the PDF before it is published to the Web unless you have edit rights to the published pdf on the server where it is published.
Once you create a hyperlink to any location in a pdf or to another pdf document it should remain viable and should work no matter where the pfd is published or located on the web... :wink:

Thanks for the tip pap, I will have to see if I still have the install disc tucked away somewhere?
Are you sure the Adobe PRO X 32 bit software will run on a 64 bit Windows 10 box??? :roll:

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:25 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

To the extent I could figure out how to "maybe" create a new hyperlink in an unpublished PDF when I copied that link to Firefox it tried to link to the unpublished PDF physically on my PC. The only way I can see this working is to create a link physically in the published version of the PDF and that I cannot do.

Adobe forum says 32bit will run on 64bit machine but 64bit won't run on 32bit machine. The critical thing is do you have the Adobe key/serial # to the soft ware? If not a) assuming you registered your software with Adobe it's listed there or b) there are programs that can find the key like Belarc Advisor BUT I would not trust that key to be right until the program was installed/activated/running on another PC. Critical - to use any key finder software the program for which you need to find the key must be legally running on a PC to which you have access. If you lack the disc(s) I'm sure you can find downloads on the WEB that are perfectly legal but not usable without the key.