It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: ETC light with poor throttle response
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:13 pm 
LOST Newbie

So been having an issue with the ETC light coming on randomly and throws a P0643 code. This progressed to coming on when on the throttle and then randomly hesitates and the flashes the low fuel light followed by both lights going off. Thought I had a shorted wire on the harness so went the rough it with a fine tooth comb to no avail. Replaced the throttle pedal with no change noted. Hoping someone has a direction to lead me. Currently have a used ecm and will be shipping it to GDE to have it programmed with my VIN and such to try that.

Post subject: Re: ETC light with poor throttle response
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:44 pm 

This is what I found! You may have already seen this?
Certainly appears to be an ECM issue... :shock:

Possible causes Faulty Engine Control Module (ECM) ECM harness is open or shorted ECM circuit poor electrical connection Shorted sensor on 5 volt circuit

P0643 JEEP Description The control module has 2 internal 5-volt reference buses called 5-volt reference 1 and 5-volt reference 2 . Each reference bus provided 5-volt reference circuit for more than one sensor. Therefore, a fault condition on one 5-volt reference circuit will affect the other 5-volt reference circuits connected to the reference bus. The control module monitors the voltage on the 5-volt reference buses.

Read more: https://www.autocodes.com/p0643_jeep.html

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch
IronrockArms/wwdieselMount

98 Dodge Cummins 24 Valve

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:04 am 
LOST Newbie

My first instinct is that it sounds like a wheel sensor fault but the low fuel light doesn't make that seem as likely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:38 pm 
LOST Newbie

I have been dealing with this for four months. Can't find any reference to the flashing low fuel light anywhere. I reset it the other day, left it idling for 30 minutes while I washed it (thought that might make me want to love it again) and it didn't flash the etc light. As soon as I put it in drive and moved it 15 feet it went off again.

I don't get any codes that I can read anyways. Getting ready to buy a scanner to continue to try to figure this out.

Mine did this after I installed a Weeks 1&2 kit and new GPs.

I have put in a lift pump, new rear speed sensor, crank sensor, reinstalled the EGR/FCV and old GPs, New battery, checked alternator...Been through the entire harness looking for frays, cleaned every connection. I guess I need to pull the harness to check continuity, or the other option is to part it out and cut my losses.