It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Need help - p1854 tip baro out of range
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:55 pm 
LOST Newbie

My 2006 CRD has the check engine light on. The error code is "p1854 tip baro out of range". The engine has very little power, probably 1/2 of what it should have. The check engine light went on last week and the drop it power was immediately noticeable. No sure how to solve the problem. My 2nd problem is I have also started to use some oil over the last 12000 miles, about 1 litre per 2500 miles and I get some smoke when it starts cold. Seems a bit excessive to me? I have done the SRM and EHM. Thanks.

Post subject: Airbox pressure sensor
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:33 pm 
LOST Addict

This error code is for the airbox pressure sensor, which is located on the air box lid toward the driver's side, just below the mass air flow sensor. The code is signaling that the sensor is not making connection or failed internally. The connector for this sensor tends to come loose at times because the retention clip sometimes breaks. Hopefully this will fix your issue. If it is making good connection, the sensor reading is most likely drifting and would need replacement.

Post subject: Re: Airbox pressure sensor
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 6:39 am 
LOST Newbie

GreenDieselEngineering wrote:
This error code is for the airbox pressure sensor, which is located on the air box lid toward the driver's side, just below the mass air flow sensor. The code is signaling that the sensor is not making connection or failed internally. The connector for this sensor tends to come loose at times because the retention clip sometimes breaks. Hopefully this will fix your issue. If it is making good connection, the sensor reading is most likely drifting and would need replacement.

My CRD was in Limp Mode. My code reader reported code p1854 as well. For some reason, many sites list this as a transmission code? I can confirm that on the CRD it is the pressure sensor. My connector was clean and good so I swapped mine out with a spare and cleared the code. Started it up with no issues, the engine was back to full power and the code was gone! Thanks for this response GDE!

Air Box Pressure Sensor

Post subject: Re: Need help - p1854 tip baro out of range
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 9:05 am 

P1854 - Airbox pressure sensor error (sensor malfunction or possible bad connection)

IAP sensor - PN 05101120AB (pressure sensor on side of airbox) :google:
air inlet air pressure comparator pressure sensor on the side of the air box; referred to as the Mercedes sensor

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch
IronrockArms/wwdieselMount

98 Dodge Cummins 24 Valve