It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: starter relay
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:54 pm 
LOST Junkie

HI guys . this morning I tried to start my jeep and nothing , not a click , so I try again and started ok and after 2 sec running it shuts off like if you switch if off ? so why is something disconnecting the power ? so 3d attempt to start was ok it started ok and ran for 100 miles today without any issue , so I got home and let it sit for 1 hr and tried staring it , it started but with DELAY ? so I'm holding the key in the start position and it starts after few sec delay , ? I did replace starter relay and will check it in the morning , I'm not sure what is going on , ?

Any thought's would be appreciated.

Thanks

Post subject: Re: starter relay
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:33 pm 
LOST Junkie

new starter relay installed. it starts okay now, we'll verify in the morning.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:33 pm 
LOST Junkie

well so far so good , i got instant cranking now and no delay , i dont want this problem to come back , because it was intermittent, so for now the new relay seems to be working better . by the way this was the only issue since i put my CRD on the road 2 months ago , i just need it to run till end of the month , ill get my JET JETTA TDI out and this special vehicle can go back in storage LOL cheers

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:24 pm 
LOST Junkie

hi guys , just to let you know so far so good , starter is so quick that never gives me a delay again , also my CPS is original 06 so i'm not going to touch it >

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:36 pm 
LOST Member

Why do yo uput your Jeep away for the winter, living in Canada?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:47 pm 
LOST Junkie

good question , yes that was original idea to be winter car , when i got it i 2013 with 100.000 miles , so it was so bad then that i came home on the tow truck , lol so how do you explain that as a former diesel tech ,,, so i started with GDE eco tune work my way down the list with you guys help , so almost on the next page with upgrades list , took in on the road each year just to get to see what next , lol so now my wife likes it so much that we only use it summer time to explore nortern ontario , and michigan , so we spend so much money in it that we can not let winter and salt destroy it , it has about 125.000 miles and it is in super condition , hope i answered your question,