It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: 2005 original spare tire-bad practice?
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:25 am 
LOST Member

I worked for good year for many years the pressure listed on the side of the tire is the max pressure that that tire should be operated at you should always use the tire pressure that's listed in your owners manual or it should be printed on the inside of your glove box or the drivers side door jam with the manufactures date The tire companies have no way of knowing what application the tires will be used for when they're being made so they just list the maximum pressure you can use safely on that tire sorry for no punctuation doing this on my iPhone tire pressure probably isn't that critical on our little jeeps but when you get a high-performance cars like porches and Ferraris it makes a big difference in the way it handles and the traction you will end up with a different road temperatures and speeds that's why on NASCAR they adjust their air pressure by half pounds they also do this with dragsters

Post subject: Re: 2005 original spare tire-bad practice?
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:06 pm 
LOST Addict

Location: Somewhere between Heaven and Hell... But it is really hot here on Earth...
Unrelated... But how did Biloxi fare in the hurricane? I was just there before Nate, that was where we ended up while evacuating from Irma. At the RV park on the beach just East of Slap Ya Momma's BBQ.

On that note... How did Slap Ya Momma's building come through? Really good food there.