It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Lost all boost this morning, what should I check? 06 CRD
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:44 am 
LOST Newbie

Hey Jeepers,

My 2006 Jeep Liberty just lost boost this morning. My CRD has 212K and I was just about to do the Timing Belt again on my Liberty. I did the timing belt at 113K when I first got it, also I have GDE EcoTune, Sasquatch EGR Delete and an aluminum aftermarket thermostat. I've been pretty religious about changing the oil every 5K, sometimes though at 6K just because of long trips.

What is the best way to check what is going on? I haven't had a chance to hook up my ODBII reader to it yet, which I will do this afternoon however I do now have a check engine light.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks
Disjaukifa

Post subject: Re: Lost all boost this morning, what should I check? 06 CRD
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:56 am 
LOST Member

You definitely need to pull some codes out but an obvious first move is to check that the CAC hoses going from turbo to intercooler and then to intake manifold are not split, holed or loose. Check the hose connecting the air filter to the turbo inlet as well.

Fuel problems like air in fuel or blocked fuel filter usually do not post codes but you would probably grind to a halt....I had this with a clogged fuel filter!

Bear in mind that the LHD 2006 CRD has a known problem with the cable harness going behind the Fuel Filter Head Mounting Bracket being damaged by being forced against the chassis...this causes weird problems so if you do not find the problem soon remove this Mounting Bracket and check the wire harness behind it for any damage! :?

Post subject: Re: Lost all boost this morning, what should I check? 06 CRD
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:20 am 
LOST Newbie

Billybob wrote:
You definitely need to pull some codes out but an obvious first move is to check that the CAC hoses going from turbo to intercooler and then to intake manifold are not split, holed or loose. Check the hose connecting the air filter to the turbo inlet as well.

Fuel problems like air in fuel or blocked fuel filter usually do not post codes but you would probably grind to a halt....I had this with a clogged fuel filter!

Bear in mind that the LHD 2006 CRD has a known problem with the cable harness going behind the Fuel Filter Head Mounting Bracket being damaged by being forced against the chassis...this causes weird problems so if you do not find the problem soon remove this Mounting Bracket and check the wire harness behind it for any damage! :?

Yup will do! I just checked the codes, and I got P0299 Low Boost Condition . . . which I knew without the aid of a computer. Also none of the hoses look bad, though I will have to taken the completely off to be sure.