It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: How helpful is the Viscous heater with gde tune?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:18 pm 
LOST Addict

That sounds a lot more serviceable! I was really impressed with VW putting the injectors inside the valve cover where they stay nice and clean. They have a large valve spring built on the injector, which I don't even understand the workings of, but it sure is better than a dirt filled hole on the top of the engine.

05 CRD: H.D.S2 stat,WW Ironrock trilink&LCA's, OX rear,ARB front, 4.10's, ARB bumper, Suncoast,OME 3.5, JBA UCA,rock rails, Moabs&265/75 Duratracs, GDE tunes ,FFD fan,ARP's, 2 micron fuel, new valves,sasquatch battery tray & grid heater, tensioner relocated
Mech fan, VH & AC delete

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:41 pm 
LOST Addict

I found out last night that the jeep heats up really fast if you forget to reattach the drivers side boost hose, roll a mile down hill without realizing it, and then have to drive back up the hill back to your house while dumping a trail of soot so dark the sun is eclipsed.

so for all of you who have issues with the jeep heating up, just drive a few minutes with no turbo.

But in all seriousness, my past experience suggests that one of the best things for warm up time is getting rid of the mechanical fan and a grill blanket during the winter months. That fan moves a lot of air even with the clutch disengaged.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:57 pm 

mass-hole wrote:
But in all seriousness, my past experience suggests that one of the best things for warm up time is getting rid of the mechanical fan and a grill blanket during the winter months. That fan moves a lot of air even with the clutch disengaged.

Very true! :shock:
I noticed a couple of days ago when we had some low 40's temperature, mine just setting at idle for a few minutes with my GM fan setup would drop back to about 10:00 on the temperature gauge. (no grill blankets) :roll:
That fan is moving a lot of air!

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch
IronrockArms/wwdieselMount

98 Dodge Cummins 24 Valve

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:13 pm 
LOST Addict

WWDiesel wrote:
mass-hole wrote:

Very true! :shock:
I noticed a couple of days ago when we had some low 40's temperature, mine just setting at idle for a few minutes with my GM fan setup would drop back to about 10:00 on the temperature gauge. (no grill blankets) :roll:
That fan is moving a lot of air!

X3... This is where an electric cooling fan shines; electric cooling fan blades do not move at all until required by the cooling system.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:39 pm 

TURBO-DIESEL-FREAK wrote:
X3... This is where an electric cooling fan shines; electric cooling fan blades do not move at all until required by the cooling system.

I agree to a point Jeff! Unfortunately they will just not move enough air in the deep south on a 100+ degree day with 90+% humidity in stop and go traffic especially if you are towing a load behind your Jeep!
Plus I already have the mechanical setup and do not have to spend any additional funds for an electric fan setup that probably won't cool as good as a mechanical fan!
Of course you probably have never experienced anything like that in Canada where you reside.... :roll:

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch
IronrockArms/wwdieselMount

98 Dodge Cummins 24 Valve