It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: CRD Dyno Test Results.
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:57 pm 
LOST Addict

GordnadoCRD wrote:
mass-hole wrote:
I wouldnt be worried about the powerpuck itself, but I would recommend against a tune AND a power puck. Without knowing what the Powerpuck tries to target for rail pressure, its possibly that it throws it beyond the sensors maximum reading of 1800 bar and causes the ECU to basically try to chase down a desired pressure that it will never reach. The sensor wont read any higher, but the ECU is being faked into thinking its lower than what the tune wants it to be. Stock tuning is 1600 bar and Yetis is 1664. The same could happen with boost, but you have more wiggle room I think since its a 3 bar sensor and was only see 2.3-2.5 bar at most.

Exactly. It's adjustable for how big of a lie it tells the ECM, but still, whatever numbers the ECM are trying to achieve (tune) it's still giving false information to the ECM. AGAIN, i DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS! I don't have separate gauges YET, so even if I get live data from the OBD2, that's the false information being told to the ECM. Until I get proper gauges rather than OBD2 based data I don't know the absolute accurate numbers.

Its possible it has a fail safe in there that keeps it below 1800 but we dont know that.

Do you have an actual boost gauge to see what it is actually at with the tune and puck? I have a mech boost gauge, but not installed yet. I have an intercept coupling for the fuel rail data ordered but it's backordered or something.

I don't plan on running the DiabloSport much longer. I'm just trying to figure out exactly what changes it makes. I hope it stays together long enough to find out.

I would be interested to see how much rail pressure they run on the stock tune. If you get the rail monitor and plug it in before the puck and then compare to the obd reading, that could be interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk