It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Acceleration issue
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:07 pm 
LOST Newbie

Hi guys I am having an issue with my 05 Libby crd. I have owned it for 10 years and besides regular maintenance it has been problem free until this year. Early this year I had to get the tranny replaced at 240 kms I was ok with that first major repair no biggie. Then a few weeks ago I noticed under heavy acceleration from a stop or at low speeds the acceleration just fell right off the rpm would go up to about 3000, if I let off of the gas then pressed on the pedal again it would start to accelerate again if I just keep holding the pedal down after 10 or so seconds the rpm slightly climb and then it shifts hard and accelerates like normal. I thought it was a tranny issue again so I took it back and they tell me the tranny is good. I have been reading everything I could find but nothing that matches my issue. I have had the egr engine code on for nearly two years now I did read one post that had a similar issue to mine and they said it could be due to a fault egr. Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.
Thx

Post subject: Re: Acceleration issue
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:07 pm 
LOST Member

Have you made any modifications to the jeep over the years? Lift pump, gen2 fuel filter head, etc? Also, are you getting a MIL or DTC light on the dash? If so, we would need to know what codes you're getting in order to help a little more. The problem you're describing could be a number of things.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:52 pm 
LOST Newbie

Hi. Thanks for the reply. Yes I upgraded the fuel filter head a couple of years ago, then a couple of weeks ago I replaced the fuel filter as I thought maybe it was starving for fuel. But it made no difference. The egr is throwing the mil on. I can't remember the number but will scan it tomorrow.
Thanks

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:22 pm 
LOST Member

This really sounds like an electronics issue to me. I'm not sure what would cause that sort of behavior mechanically. If it were JUST a lack of power or JUST a hard shift I could throw out some recommendations, but it almost sounds like the TCM throwing the vehicle into some sort limp mode. I don't deal with electronics problems...so you'll have to wait for someone else's recommendation. In the mean time, you could try unplugging and cleaning the ECM and TCM connectors (electronics cleaner) and inspect for any burnt or damaged pins. A few people have had problems with poor connections at those connectors. Also, check all the common ground points to make sure they aren't corroded or broken.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:27 pm 
LOST Addict

Location: Oregon Coast Dairy Country. Land of stumps, dumps, and "Liquid Pumps"
These transmissions like to drown in ATF+4. Check your fluid level, and if it's under the MAX line, fill it up to there at least. Overfilling a quart won't hurt anything. Being underfull causes it to misbehave in many ways.

Sasquatch
DSS Turbo
CAT-elimntr
Weeks Stg1&2 EGRfix
PV-200
BLING
vent gauges

IDParts
head
cams
rockers
Timing set
ARP studs
eTn1 GX2123 5v GPs

YETI Custom Tune
Flowmaster 8325508
Carter P76611M
GM 12611872
Hayden 2986
GM 15976889
PATC Custom Billet
2010 Ram Hemi Trans
Sonnax 44957
Transgo kit
Cooper 51770

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:15 pm 
LOST Newbie

Thanks for the ideas guys. Sorry I have not responded sooner I have just been very busy. I checked the codes and I actually have two the p0402 and a new one p009a. I have checked the tranny level and it was in the safe area but I will add some to bring it up.
Thanks for the input.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:04 pm 
LOST Addict

Location: Oregon Coast Dairy Country. Land of stumps, dumps, and "Liquid Pumps"
Pull your MAP sensor out, and clean it or replace if necessary. I believe the IAT sensor is part of that sensor. Someone will correct me if I am wrong. If you need to replace it, buy a GM one. They work the same and are 1/3 the price.

In front of the air conditioning condenser, there is a vertical support running from the hood latch down to the front bumper mount. There should be a 2 wire harness coming from the driver's side to a sensor mounted to that vertical support or somewhere close. Check it for damage and good connections. That is the Ambient Air Temperature sensor.

On your air filter box, there is a small sensor on the side closest to the radiator. It has a Mercedes logo on it. Check the connector, the wires, and the connector pins are connected undamaged, and properly functioning. I think this is the Intake Air (ambient) Pressure sensor. From what you describe, it's worth taking a look at.

None of these are a bank buster, or difficult to get to.

Sasquatch
DSS Turbo
CAT-elimntr
Weeks Stg1&2 EGRfix
PV-200
BLING
vent gauges

IDParts
head
cams
rockers
Timing set
ARP studs
eTn1 GX2123 5v GPs

YETI Custom Tune
Flowmaster 8325508
Carter P76611M
GM 12611872
Hayden 2986
GM 15976889
PATC Custom Billet
2010 Ram Hemi Trans
Sonnax 44957
Transgo kit
Cooper 51770

Last edited by GordnadoCRD on Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:12 pm 
LOST Addict

Location: Somewhere between Heaven and Hell... But it is really hot here on Earth...
Yes - the Mercedes logo sensor is a particular annoyance, it can cause drivability issues like you describe without causing codes.

The wires are very tiny and can break at the plug from the air hose pushing against it.

Email jeep [at] maincomputer [dot] com - BOARD MESSAGING IS BROKEN
Over 125 CRDs currently driving with my timing belt, rockers, or ARP Studs.
Bad noises = REALLY bad things.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:15 pm 
LOST Newbie

Thanks for the advice, I will check these and or just replace them. I will keep you posted.
Thx

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:51 pm 
LOST Newbie

well i think i have now had some success with this issue. i ordered the map sensor form my local parts supplier and received it today, when i opened it i noticed it was incorrect but did find out it was the sensor that fits on to the air box and my local supplier could not get the bosch sensor and that it must be a dealer part. so i called my local dealer and they wanted 4 days and $227 for it so i said no thanks. i found one on line and i am getting it overnight fedex to me for $73 darn dealers. so today i installed the new thermostat (which i had forgotten to mention i needed to replace) installed the new air box sensor and added a liter of tranny fluid that GordnadoCRD recommended. i cleared the codes and took it for a spin and to my surprise it is running fantastic. lots of get up and go. it was only a ten minute test drive but hopefully it is fixed, the other thing to note is that the engine light has not come up again with the p0402 code i will find out if it stays off as i am about to head home which is a 65km trip.

thanks for all of your help
stewart

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:17 pm 
LOST Newbie

Update. About half way home the check engine light did come back on (no real surprise). But other than that the Jeep is running fantastic. So later this week I will install the new egr and map sensor.
Thanks again for all of your help.
Stewart

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:55 pm 
LOST Addict

Location: Somewhere between Heaven and Hell... But it is really hot here on Earth...
Idparts.com for all your parts needs. The MAP sensor on the back of the intake has two different options, one of them is a GM part number but the same sensor from Bosch for $25.

Email jeep [at] maincomputer [dot] com - BOARD MESSAGING IS BROKEN
Over 125 CRDs currently driving with my timing belt, rockers, or ARP Studs.
Bad noises = REALLY bad things.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:20 am 

The GM P/N for the 3 Bar MAP sensor is: 55206797
The Bosch P/N's are: 0281002437 or 0281002845

The GM MAP sensor can be purchased online at various locations including IDParts.com for ~$21 bucks! :wink:
Works perfect in our Jeep CRD's and cost much less than the OEM part. :D

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch
IronrockArms/wwdieselMount

98 Dodge Cummins 24 Valve

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:22 pm 
LOST Newbie

I put that GM number in EBAY and bought a new Bosch sensor for 9.99 free shipping.

Thanks for the info!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:50 am 

r1perk wrote:
I put that GM number in EBAY and bought a new Bosch sensor for 9.99 free shipping.

Thanks for the info!

Thats cheap! Let us know if it works out ok... :wink:

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch
IronrockArms/wwdieselMount

98 Dodge Cummins 24 Valve

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:16 pm 
LOST Newbie

I got my sensor today! New Bosch in a bag, in a box marked MalcaYang genuine parts. Bosch label on the part #0 281 002 437. Looks like a Bosch part to me.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:49 am 
LOST Addict

MalcaYang... Yeah, that sounds like a Genyoowine German name to me. I'm sure that is completely original Boche parts. :roll:

Good luck, hopefully that Chineseium part works for at least a few days longer than the Ebay "warranty" period.