It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:43 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Opt7 LED headlight quick review
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:26 am 
LOST Member

I installed a pair of 9007 Flux beam x headlights today, right around $100 to my door, CA will pay sales tax and 15% off the $110 list price.

I had to do a little reading to get them in properly, once in something changed, I could see! They have a bit of a daylight hue, from the drivers seat they look very white with perhaps a touch of blue, not quite police car blue, very easy to see.

The spread on low beam is similar to stock although much brighter and easier to see. The high beams seem a bit better at first until I realized they were lighting up signs half a mile away, well worth the price of admission.

I still need to clean up my lenses, they aren't hazed but they are pitted.

Post subject: Re: Opt7 LED headlight quick review
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:15 am 
LOST Junkie

When you say you had to do a bit of reading, what did you have to read? I ask because I'm looking at these for my KJ

Light Khaki 2.8CRD: TJM alloy bumper; Skid Row &Asfir skids;ext. breathers; SAMCO hoses; Grabber At3 235/70/16; Fumoto; Euro TC; Odyssey PC1500;GDE FTEcotune; OME lift; lightforce driving lights;ARB diff cover;nylon fan+Hayden2905;ss vortex exhaust; Airflow snorkel; Frontrunner roofrack; rock rails

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:05 am 
LOST Member

The locking ring from your old bulb will not fit over the back of your new bulb, I looked a bit on the Internet without success, then I looked in the box again and found a second set of instructions, the grey aligning ring on the bulb twists off then you place the lock ring over the bulb in the right orientation and replace the gray alignment ring.

I found the alignment ring difficult to install on the first bulb, on the second I twisted it back and forth a few times before removing it and it went back on easily.

When you install into the housing the single notch goes up, double notches go down.

They are or were 15% off for black friday, I'll dig up the coupon I have for 10% off any time.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:55 pm 
LOST Member

10% off code is OPT7NEW

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:00 pm 
LOST Member

Do the OPT7 Fluxbeam X need inline drivers or were they direct plug in to the wiring harness? The pictures show they come with drivers.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:13 am 
LOST Junkie

Thanks Napabavarian

Light Khaki 2.8CRD: TJM alloy bumper; Skid Row &Asfir skids;ext. breathers; SAMCO hoses; Grabber At3 235/70/16; Fumoto; Euro TC; Odyssey PC1500;GDE FTEcotune; OME lift; lightforce driving lights;ARB diff cover;nylon fan+Hayden2905;ss vortex exhaust; Airflow snorkel; Frontrunner roofrack; rock rails

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:41 pm 
LOST Member

joelukex4 wrote:
Do the OPT7 Fluxbeam X need inline drivers or were they direct plug in to the wiring harness? The pictures show they come with drivers.

They come with everything you need

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:47 pm 
LOST Member

And these are appropriate for our reflector style headlight assemblies? AKA...no blinding everyone in the world and getting a $500 ticket?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:55 pm 
LOST Newbie

i believe with leds or HIDs u need projectors to project the light, otherwise you will probably blind people in oncoming traffic.