It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: engine stalls @ 1500rpm/ key off, restart, repeat!
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:40 pm 
LOST Addict

Location: Oregon Coast Dairy Country. Land of stumps, dumps, and "Liquid Pumps"
They sure can!
Actually OFI does list a factory Jeep FP Solenoid Valve
https://oregonfuelinjection.com/shop/jeep-diesel/2005-2006-2-8-l-jeep-liberty-diesel/fuel-cntrl-vlve-mnt-on-rail-librt/

Sasquatch
DSS Turbo
CAT-elimntr
Weeks Stg1&2 EGRfix
PV-200
BLING
vent gauges

IDParts
head
cams
rockers
Timing set
ARP studs
eTn1 GX2123 5v GPs

YETI Custom Tune
Flowmaster 8325508
Carter P76611M
GM 12611872
Hayden 2986
GM 15976889
PATC Custom Billet
2010 Ram Hemi Trans
Sonnax 44957
Transgo kit
Cooper 51770

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:13 pm 
LOST Member

WWDiesel wrote:
Odd that Oregon Fuel Injection does not list the Fuel Pressure Solenoid on the end of the fuel rail! :roll:
Huh. I think they used to, but I'm not seeing it anymore either. (edit: they do have them, I'm just blind or something :roll: ) They do have the whole rail, including Fuel Pressure Solenoid and Fuel Pressure Sensor preinstalled: https://oregonfuelinjection.com/shop/jeep-diesel/2005-2006-2-8-l-jeep-liberty-diesel/fuel-rail-exchange-jeep-liberty/
IDParts has the solenoid by itself (though they incorrectly list it as a pressure sensor): https://www.idparts.com/fuel-rail-pressure-sensor-liberty-crd-p-6240.html

WWDiesel wrote:
and the Cummins, has a fuel pressure relief valve which I suppose takes the place of the fuel pressure solenoid on our Jeeps? :shock:
From what I've heard that's more of a one-time use safety device though; sounds like once it opens it dumps all fuel pressure and needs to be replaced before the engine will run again.

Last edited by joe_ on Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:32 am 
LOST Addict

Location: Oregon Coast Dairy Country. Land of stumps, dumps, and "Liquid Pumps"
joe_ wrote:
WWDiesel wrote:
Odd that Oregon Fuel Injection does not list the Fuel Pressure Solenoid on the end of the fuel rail! :roll:
Huh. I think they used to, but I'm not seeing it anymore either. They do have the whole rail, including Fuel Pressure Solenoid and Fuel Pressure Sensor preinstalled: https://oregonfuelinjection.com/shop/jeep-diesel/2005-2006-2-8-l-jeep-liberty-diesel/fuel-rail-exchange-jeep-liberty/
IDParts has the solenoid by itself (though they incorrectly list it as a pressure sensor): https://www.idparts.com/fuel-rail-pressure-sensor-liberty-crd-p-6240.html

WWDiesel wrote:
and the Cummins, has a fuel pressure relief valve which I suppose takes the place of the fuel pressure solenoid on our Jeeps? :shock:
From what I've heard that's more of a one-time use safety device though; sounds like once it opens it dumps all fuel pressure and needs to be replaced before the engine will run again. That is my understanding as well. Cummins puts all the non-emergency fuel pressure control on their version of our FQS. They also make a solid plug replacement for their "pressure relief valve" for a (cough) race only use (cough).

Hey Joe, if you look at the link in my post above, OFI has them, and also strangely described. However, if I could not find a DuraMax one, I would buy from IDParts.

Sasquatch
DSS Turbo
CAT-elimntr
Weeks Stg1&2 EGRfix
PV-200
BLING
vent gauges

IDParts
head
cams
rockers
Timing set
ARP studs
eTn1 GX2123 5v GPs

YETI Custom Tune
Flowmaster 8325508
Carter P76611M
GM 12611872
Hayden 2986
GM 15976889
PATC Custom Billet
2010 Ram Hemi Trans
Sonnax 44957
Transgo kit
Cooper 51770

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:50 pm 
LOST Member

GordnadoCRD wrote:
Hey Joe, if you look at the link in my post above, OFI has them, and also strangely described. However, if I could not find a DuraMax one, I would buy from IDParts.
Oh, duh! Don't know why I didn't see that product listing (or your post for that matter). Thanks for clearing that up! :D

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:06 pm 
LOST Newbie

Well the old jeep made it 2 days after changing the Mprop. Still came back with low fuel pressure. Found #4 injector bypassing too much. So I guess it was 2 problems cause now it running great. I first thought it was just a coincidence that it was 2 problems at once.

Yesterday I was working on another jeep with low fuel pressure so I check the injector bypass and it was ok. So I changed the mprop with the one I took out of the first jeep. Now instead of running in limp mode it dies after about 10 seconds. So clearly the mprop is bad from the first Jeep. Maybe the mprop from the second Jeep is good and I have another problem on the rail.

Luckily I have lots of Jeeps to change out parts with used ones so I don't have buy just to test.