It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Disable TPMS
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2023 11:12 am 
LOST Member

Sir Sam wrote:
uncaged wrote:
OH MY GOD I FRIKKEN LOVE YOU GUYS!

I have been fighting the TPMS system for 2 years, and must have spent $400 on various sensors, a new SKIM/SKREEM (and keys) and an unbelievable amount of time testing, finding no answers.

As soon as I read this I ran out with my DRBIII and it worked!

To recap the procedure with the DRB:

Go into the SKIM/SKREEM module, with your 4 digit pin, and disable the TPM system. The yellow tire light on the cluster (which on mine used to blink because of its error state) now turns on solid. The EVIC on mine changed from "Check TPM System" to showing compass and temp.

Go into the Interior and Body section, and to the Cluster. In there, choose Reset learned options. The yellow tire light goes off!

Cheers!

Glad I was able to help! The "learned options" is oddly hidden in the cluster menu for turning off TPMS.

And yet it makes total sense, when you stop and think about the cluster as its own "module", and not something with discrete inputs/outputs. I know personally, I need to get out of the mental mapping of "one item, one wire" like in the old days. The cluster talks on the data port to other devices. so of course it has to be reprogrammed/reset when you do things to other devices on the network.

• OME 790/948/90009/N32
  • Western Suburbanite 7'4" plow
  • DetoursUSA Backbone
  • HF 12k# winch
[SIZE="1"]WTB: project liberty near N.NJ. stick shift, 4x4, working motor optional, CHEAP[/SIZE]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2023 2:19 pm 

Very good information to know!
But it begs the question; if you don't have or own a DRBIII, will any of the other high end scanners be able to perform this "reset" or program the instrument cluster itself? And, does this mean that somewhere in the instrument cluster itself is a memory chip retaining all the pertinent stored programed data or is it simply being fed the information from the associated modules that is on the PCI Bus?

Looking at the wiring diagrams, the Instrument Cluster does have a PCI (data bus) connection which allows it to talk to a multitude of different modules on the PCI network which are controlling many the warning lights and other functions on the instrument cluster itself.

From the FSM: wrote:
The airbag indicator is controlled by a transistor on the instrument cluster circuit board based upon cluster programming and electronic messages received by the cluster from the Airbag Control Module (ACM) over the Programmable Communications Interface (PCI) data bus.

Put this overview drawing together to show the inputs on the PCI Bus to the instrument cluster, there are many.

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch
IronrockArms/wwdieselMount

98 Dodge Cummins 24 Valve

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2023 4:29 pm 
LOST Member

No so you have to find people like me dumb enough to have bought one :)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2023 9:03 pm 

jagster936 wrote:

Or maybe smart enough to have realized the value in such a truly unique and rare vehicle and purchased one of them and still love them to this day. :P
Many owners who have purchased one have embraced their uniqueness along with some of the upgrades required to make them a long term investment along with making them a reliable daily driver. :JEEPIN:
I guess you either love em or hate em, depending on which side the fence you are standing on. :ROTFL:

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch
IronrockArms/wwdieselMount

98 Dodge Cummins 24 Valve

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2023 9:23 pm 
LOST Member

Well said ! It is a sweet rig and most people are stunned to find out it’s a diesel lol.

WWDiesel wrote:
jagster936 wrote:

Or maybe smart enough to have realized the value in such a truly unique and rare vehicle and purchased one of them and still love them to this day. :P
Many owners who have purchased one have embraced their uniqueness along with some of the upgrades required to make them a long term investment along with making them a reliable daily driver. :JEEPIN:
I guess you either love em or hate em, depending on which side the fence you are standing on. :ROTFL:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2023 10:37 am 
LOST Member

while mine's not a diesel, most people are stunned to see what it can do, and what I continue to do with mine.

• OME 790/948/90009/N32
  • DetoursUSA Backbone
  • HF 12k# winch
[SIZE="1"]WTB: project liberty near N.NJ. stick shift, 4x4, working motor optional, CHEAP[/SIZE]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2023 10:41 am 
LOST Member

I don’t know much about the gassers but they are far more popular see them all the time lol. That’s good to hear ! Would be neat to have a manual that seems more likely in gas. Not sure they ever made

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2023 6:42 pm 
LOST Junkie

jagster936 wrote:
I don’t know much about the gassers but they are far more popular see them all the time lol. That’s good to hear ! Would be neat to have a manual that seems more likely in gas. Not sure they ever made

Manual diesels were export only.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2023 6:55 pm 
LOST Member

layback40 wrote:
jagster936 wrote:

Manual diesels were export only.

Yes I meant manual gas

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2023 7:44 pm 
LOST Member

you mean like he one I have?

• OME 790/948/90009/N32
  • DetoursUSA Backbone
  • HF 12k# winch

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2023 8:06 pm 
LOST Member

sota wrote:
you mean like he one I have?

I don’t know what you have lol. Just see WTB

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:31 am 
LOST Newbie

Since it has only been a few months since anyone posted to this thread, i'll give this a shot...
I followed the DRBIII guide by AndyA at the link below...

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/drb ... ine.71537/

I actually got everything working, except I have the same issue with my micropod2 clone in that it will only communicate with the ECU. Apparently, the only way to remedy this is to do the soldering modification to the micropod without frying the circuit board, and that is out of my wheelhouse of abilities. Has anyone found a micropod2 that does not have the flaw mine and many others have? Or is there any way to contact someone who is willing to do this mod for a reasonable fee?

My '05 CRD is having brake issues, so i would really like to access the ABS controller somehow. DRBIII seems to be the only way to do this, and i would have it working if it weren't for the circuit board flaw. Thanks

2006 Ram2500 MC CTD: Latest project, complete with Death Wobble