It is currently Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: P0299 underboost
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2024 6:12 pm 
LOST Newbie

Lost power the other day, feels like limp mode. I felt it happen, and seems like I may have heard a faint pop from under the hood. P0299 popped up, she starts and idles fine, and very initial acceleration is okay, but then no power. Turbo was rebuilt a few years ago, pretty new. What is the procedure to check vacuum lines/solenoid? I sucked on the line going directly to actuator diaphragm and it seemed to move (motor off), but I don’t know how to check the solenoid, etc, or if thats the best route…

Post subject: Re: P0299 underboost
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:16 am 
LOST Addict

Have you checked your intercooler hoses for splits, or to see if one has popped off at the end? They usually split at the bottom where you can't see it.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:41 pm 
LOST Member

You have a blown intercooler line. Most times it's the one between turbo and intercooler as the heat deteriorates them faster.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2024 3:59 pm 
LOST Member

I got similar situation some years back in one of my trips to Florida. In addition to, lost of power I got heavy black smoke. A crack of about 3/4 inch at the underside of the inner-cooler hose between the cooler and the intake manifold close to the cooler end. Some "duck tape" gave me a temporary solution while waiting for the shipment of the replacement hoses from ID parts at my brother's house (2 days).