It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: CRD Has a drinking problem
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:01 pm 
LOST Newbie

Hey Crew,

My Jeep Liberty and I have found our way to Sedona, AZ and she's taken a liking to the ole radiator fluid. Started with just a nip here and there, but we're up to almost 1/4 pint of the stuff for trips over an hour. I had it pressure tested and no obvious leaks were found. The mechanic doesn't work on diesels, so they sent me on my way. In my cleaning of the MAP sensor, I had to clean off very wet black gunky stuff instead of the usual really dry black stuff.

Anyway, all my tools are home in California and I'm not in a position to fix it myself here. Anyone know of a good mechanic in Arizona that's familiar with CRDs that they'd recommend? Or maybe a radiator detox rehab center? hehe

May thanks to all

Jim

Post subject: Re: CRD Has a drinking problem
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:26 am 
LOST Member

You have a blown head gasket. Cleaning the MAP sensor will not fix that. There are traveling CRD mechanics. Do a search for them here

Post subject: Re: CRD Has a drinking problem
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:17 am 
LOST Newbie

You weren't in Seligman Arizona were you? I was passing through there about 15 years ago in my 91 Dodge cummins and the only mechanic in town told me the same thing. Had to get it towed a few hrs to the east to the next town that had a mechanic that would check it out.