It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Scavenging from a gasser... What to take!
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:20 am 
LOST Member

Of course, I'm taking the rear end to replace my own busted rear end... I think I remember something about that 3.7 liter having a better air intake?

Anything else I should be on the lookout for?

Thanks in advance!

Did you hear about the guy who was hooked on brake fluid?
He swears he can stop any time.

Post subject: Re: Scavenging from a gasser... What to take!
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:41 am 
LOST Newbie

If I were picking through one and it had them I'd take heated seats and the harness for those seats. You might also want to take the EVIC display from the overhead console if that's something you'd like. Be sure to clip the wires after the connector to the EVIC.

I understand the airbox on the 3.7 but has a better snorkel. You reuse the CRD lid.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:09 am 
LOST Member

hopp wrote:
If I were picking through one and it had them I'd take heated seats and the harness for those seats. You might also want to take the EVIC display from the overhead console if that's something you'd like. Be sure to clip the wires after the connector to the EVIC.

I understand the airbox on the 3.7 but has a better snorkel. You reuse the CRD lid.
Thanks, seats noted, but I live in Hawaii, so heat is not as important since I don't spend much time on the top of the mountains.

I have an evic, but not the cable, though I discovered that the old floppy/cd/dvd drive cable from building my own computer years ago fits pretty well. Not sure if the year of my evic though and this liberty is supposed to be same year as mine.

I think I'd like leather seats... We'll see what's there on Friday!

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Did you hear about the guy who was hooked on brake fluid?
He swears he can stop any time.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:26 pm 
LOST Member

I'm in the same situation. I got it for the front clip.

Plan to use the snorkel upgrade.

Haven't thought of anything else yet but most of the body/interior should be the same right?

I thought I'd strip all the breakers/relays/fuses etc. Maybe even bulbs and fog lights and throw (well, pack) in the boonie bag just in case. It had the jack I was missing so that got transferred.

Does it have the owners manual? Those are expensive on-line IMOP.

1998 XJ 4.0L, stock with 130,XXX miles

First Jeep: 1962 Willys CJ-3B