It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Charger Air Cooler Hoses.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:56 pm 
LOST Member

These are actually very expensive hoses to make. There are three problems - first is the diameter. These are actually very wide hoses considering the output of the engine. Second is the length. Most other boost hoses are just elbows that then connect to hard plastic pipes vs. the CRD that only has one piece soft hoses. Very atypical. Third are the bends - each hose having multiple bends and one hose having bends in 3 axis make it time consuming to manufacture.

SAMCO is the most premium silicone hose manufacturer. I could get these made in Asia for short money, instead, too, but in this case prioritizing reliability is the right call.

Everyone complains about Chinese manufacturing, but, when it comes down to buying a $10 China version vs. a $50 US or Europe version, most of those same people buy the $10. American jobs aren't being stolen by the Chinese, Americans are the ones making the buying decisions that move US jobs overseas...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:32 am 
LOST Member

cevans wrote:
These are actually very expensive hoses to make. There are three problems - first is the diameter. These are actually very wide hoses considering the output of the engine. Second is the length. Most other boost hoses are just elbows that then connect to hard plastic pipes vs. the CRD that only has one piece soft hoses. Very atypical. Third are the bends - each hose having multiple bends and one hose having bends in 3 axis make it time consuming to manufacture.

SAMCO is the most premium silicone hose manufacturer. I could get these made in Asia for short money, instead, too, but in this case prioritizing reliability is the right call.

Everyone complains about Chinese manufacturing, but, when it comes down to buying a $10 China version vs. a $50 US or Europe version, most of those same people buy the $10. American jobs aren't being stolen by the Chinese, Americans are the ones making the buying decisions that move US jobs overseas...

Yes, the "Walmart Syndrome"

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:50 pm 
LOST Member

I had IDParts brand hoses. CCV still in the intake. Turbo to intercooler hose blew at 21,000 mi. on a cross country trip and I rigged up a piece of 2" conduit to get me home. The intercooler to intake hose blew a week later. I installed a spare set of OEM hoses I had in the garage. The original OEM hoses lasted 70k miles, so I stick with OEM for now.

JBA 4" lift, IRO Tri-link w/ wwdiesel bracket, JBA sliders, 235/85-16 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs, Mercedes Benz forged ultralight wheels, Weeks stage 1 and 2, Weeks lift pump and harness, Weeks battery tray and AGM battery, GDE tune, Suncoast TC, updated front pump, HDS 001 T-stat, ARP studs, Front and rear Detroit/Eaton Truetrac LSD.