It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: I give up! Need lift info
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:59 pm 
LOST Member

Hi all,

I know it's been answered before time and again, but I've found a number of mentions of "that part is no longer available" and I was losing track of currently available lift options. I am not interested in a spacer lift, just replacing springs and shocks.

I'm getting my new rear axle back under the jeep and was thinking it was time to replace shocks, and figured I might as well do springs too. Anyone have an idea of the cost difference to replace with stock height vs a little lifted springs and shocks?

Trying to sell SWMBO on the idea, but she wants to know what the price difference will be. I told her I didn't know.

I've got a 2005 CRD, I already own and have installed, JBA UCA's. My UCA's went out a couple years back and a wrecking yard happened to have listed these on ebay.

To further complicate things, I'm located in Hawaii, so Amazon is my best friend, but I could also ship some stuff to my parents for them to bring next time they visit.

Thanks,
Jon

Did you hear about the guy who was hooked on brake fluid?
He swears he can stop any time.

Post subject: Re: I give up! Need lift info
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:37 am 
LOST Junkie

The ARB OME kit is a great option, under $1,000

Supporting Vendor

Jeep Liberty 2.8L CRD
Chevy Colorado/GMC Canyon 2.8L Duramax

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:04 pm 
LOST Addict

Agree'd on the OME. Even with some extra spacers/height and what not, it makes for a pretty stable platform. I dont think price would be a whole lot more for the OME's than the stock ride but I never looked.

That said, I have been seriously considering going to a coilover. JBA has some, but I recently stumbled across these that use Fox 2.0's by default.

https://cb-engineer.com/products/jeep-liberty-kj-front-coilover-suspension-lift-kit

They reuse the stock clevis so i think they work out to be a little cheaper.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:45 pm 
LOST Member

Yeah, I've never seen anyone give a price for replacing stock setup with stock setup...so I wasn't sure.

Seems like shocks don't vary too much in price, comparing within the same line for a given brand, so lifted vs. stock shocks shouldn't be much different and likewise with springs, since they are sagging too.

I guess I don't know for certain until I find stock for comparison though. I've never seen stock part numbers though, so that makes it slightly more difficult. Especially given that half the time you choose the 2.8l engine, the parts are for the gasser anyway!

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:08 pm 
LOST Addict

parts from amazon:

front springs
https://www.amazon.com/ARB-2790-Old-Coil-Spring/dp/B000IU13M6/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1516897281&sr=1-1&keywords=arb+2790

front shocks
https://www.amazon.com/Bilstein-24-139168-Shock-Absorber-Dodge/dp/B0068O1SLM/ref=au_as_r?_encoding=UTF8&Make=Jeep%7C42&Model=Liberty%7C353&Year=2005%7C2005&ie=UTF8&n=15684181&newVehicle=1&s=automotive&vehicleId=1&vehicleType=automotive

rear springs
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004P9NLOE/ref=psdc_15731911_t1_B000IU13M6

You can use just about any rear shock for a 2004 Dodge Dakota 4x4
I used these:
https://www.amazon.com/Skyjacker-N8088-Softride-Nitro-Absorber/dp/B000E3BXD6/ref=au_as_r?_encoding=UTF8&Make=Jeep%7C42&Model=Liberty%7C353&Year=2005%7C2005&ie=UTF8&n=15684181&s=automotive&vehicleId=1&vehicleType=automotive#customerReviews

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:25 pm 
LOST Addict

I've beat the heck out of my OME lift with heavy towing and high speed impactful off road driving, and it's still great after 35k miles. I'd be hesitant to run anything else. Only problem being you need to get JBA arms with any lift in my opinion (about an extra $400), as I thrashed new factory UCA's in less than 30k miles, and replacing them with jba solved my noise issue.

05 CRD: H.D.S2 stat,WW Ironrock trilink&LCA's, OX rear,ARB front, 4.10's, ARB bumper, Suncoast,OME 3.5, JBA UCA,rock rails, Moabs&265/75 Duratracs, GDE tunes ,FFD fan,ARP's, 2 micron fuel, new valves,sasquatch battery tray & grid heater, tensioner relocated
Mech fan, VH & AC delete

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:38 pm 
LOST Addict

Mountainman wrote:
Only problem being you need to get JBA arms with any lift in my opinion (about an extra $400), as I thrashed new factory UCA's in less than 30k miles, and replacing them with jba solved my noise issue.

Good point.
Although I don't think the JBA arms are a necessity, if your upper ball joints are worn or the boots have split apart, its time to replace the upper control arms.
OME front springs without any additional spacers should work just fine with stock type upper ball joints.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:12 pm 
LOST Member

I've already got JBA upper control arms. Thanks for the links and advice!

Mostly, I just didn't want to buy a kit with JBA control arms when I already had them.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:57 pm 
LOST Addict

You might look at Tom muds econo lift, but I think the cheapest quality lift is the OME, and it's easy to get without arms. Maybe my new arms weren't Mopar, I can't remember, but the rubber boots split in under 10k miles :shock: The inner side of the boots were squished from the extreme angle that the lift put the ball joint at. If the boot hadn't split they'd still be fine, but as it is it was a big waste of time and cash. With the extra alignment I lost about $3-$350 :furious:

05 CRD: H.D.S2 stat,WW Ironrock trilink&LCA's, OX rear,ARB front, 4.10's, ARB bumper, Suncoast,OME 3.5, JBA UCA,rock rails, Moabs&265/75 Duratracs, GDE tunes ,FFD fan,ARP's, 2 micron fuel, new valves,sasquatch battery tray & grid heater, tensioner relocated
Mech fan, VH & AC delete

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:23 am 
LOST Member

I found a unicorn!

There was a pair of NOS (New, Old Stock) Rancho 17004's available online...I got the last two!

Now I've just got to decide on front shocks. Are there any benefits to the adjustable Koni's I used to see talked about on here?

Thanks!