It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Code P1265 and Open Injector Circuit #1
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:04 pm 
LOST Newbie

Hello all,

So upon returning from the holidays with family I started up the 2006 CRD and noticed a CEL appearing. A quick scan showed that code (P1265) related to glow plug #3. Took it into the shop where they further found a code for a open injector (circuit #1). However the mechanic stated that they can't change the glow plugs as it needs ECU would need a re-flash to accommodate the new steel (5V). Lacking the equipment for a re-flash they directed me to the nearest dealer for new plugs and re-flash. Catch being the dealer where I live is notoriously horrible, and living on a rock in the North Atlantic (Newfoundland) doesn't exactly offer many options.

What I am curious to know is what replacement glow plugs do you recommend and is there any tips and tricks to fixing the, I assume clogged injector? Parts are hard to get and come by out here, especially in the grips of winter so I am just trying to gauge the options and see what is least painful, time wise and financially. Also would a GDE Eco Tune suffice for re-flashing the ECU to accept the new glow plugs? If that is an option then I might be able to order the parts and convince a local mechanic to dive into the relatively unknown, to them at least, CRD engine and re-flash the ECU myself. Thanks for any advice, I am not much of a mechanic by any means but still love this pain in the neck CRD of mine.

Post subject: Re: Code P1265 and Open Injector Circuit #1
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:26 pm 

Many owners on LOST have simply installed the 5v GP's on the 7v OEM programing and so far no one has reported any negative effects other than much better starting in cold temperatures. Some owners have been running the installed 5v GP's on the 7v programing for over 2 years now.
If you do a search on LOST for "5v glow plugs", there is much reading you can peruse for yourself... :wink:

Best advice, get your local shop to install the 5v GP's and do not worry about the 7v programing or a reflash!
I am sure there are others on here that will chime in with similar advice....

:SOMBRERO:

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch
IronrockArms/wwdieselMount

98 Dodge Cummins 24 Valve

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:01 pm 
LOST Addict

Quote:
and is there any tips and tricks to fixing the, I assume clogged injector?

Probably not clogged.
Most likely a loose connection to the injector. Open circuit means no electrical continuity.
If the injector was bad the engine wouldn't be running well and you would notice reduced power.

Try unplugging injector #1 and firmly reconnecting it.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:09 am 
LOST Addict

Location: Oregon Coast Dairy Country. Land of stumps, dumps, and "Liquid Pumps"
flash7210 wrote:
Quote:
and is there any tips and tricks to fixing the, I assume clogged injector?

Probably not clogged.
Most likely a loose connection to the injector. Open circuit means no electrical continuity.
If the injector was bad the engine wouldn't be running well and you would notice reduced power.

Try unplugging injector #1 and firmly reconnecting it.

Absolutely X2
If this were an active condition, the engine would be making hammering noises, shaking your teeth out, and making interior panels loose. If that's not the case, then it's almost sure to be a stored code (momentary past condition) rather than an active code.
Just have them clear it, and see if it comes back.

I can tell you from first-hand experience, that Etecno1 GX2123 5v steel glow plugs work flawlessly with Original ECM 7v tune, and original Glow Plug module. No need to change anything, just the glow plugs. Plus if you still have the ceramic ones in there, you really should get them gone before they break and do naughty things to the engine.

Sasquatch
DSS Turbo
CAT-elimntr
Weeks Stg1&2 EGRfix
PV-200
BLING
vent gauges

IDParts
head
cams
rockers
Timing set