It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Intermittent POWER
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:10 am 
LOST Member

Well two days ago it looked like it was fixed....now the problems are back again :(

If it is a 2006 CRD then definitely check the wire harness behind the Fuel Filter Head Mounting Bracket....known problem on the 2006 CRD that the harness is trapped there and can short to chassis. The main wiring harness goes around the whole engine bay and any of the wires in that harness could be intermittently shorting to chassis there!

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 12:59 pm 
LOST Member

Billybob wrote:
Well two days ago it looked like it was fixed....now the problems are back again :(

If it is a 2006 CRD then definitely check the wire harness behind the Fuel Filter Head Mounting Bracket....known problem on the 2006 CRD that the harness is trapped there and can short to chassis. The main wiring harness goes around the whole engine bay and any of the wires in that harness could be intermittently shorting to chassis there!

Pulled the fuel filter and bracket. The wiring harness does not appear pinched or damaged here. Is there usually visible damage associated with this problem, or do I have to rip the harness open? Anyone know if the wiring harness is still available? Probably costs a fortune if it can be found.

JBA 4" lift, IRO Tri-link w/ wwdiesel bracket, JBA sliders, 235/85-16 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs, Mercedes Benz forged ultralight wheels, Weeks stage 1 and 2, Weeks lift pump and harness, Weeks battery tray and AGM battery, GDE tune, Suncoast TC, updated front pump, HDS 001 T-stat, ARP studs, Front and rear Detroit/Eaton Truetrac LSD.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 2:03 pm 
LOST Junkie

Check the actual pins on your TCM connectors very closely and any other transmission connectors.

Someone else here found a wrecked pin causing them all kinds of intermittent problems.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Provent @ 43,000 km
SEGR in progress
SAMCO Sport hoses @ 48500 km
Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac LT225/75R16

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 5:37 pm 
LOST Member

WolverineFW wrote:
Check the actual pins on your TCM connectors very closely and any other transmission connectors.

Someone else here found a wrecked pin causing them all kinds of intermittent problems.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

I saw that post, and I looked very carefully. They all look good, but who knows. This is crazy.

JBA 4" lift, IRO Tri-link w/ wwdiesel bracket, JBA sliders, 235/85-16 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs, Mercedes Benz forged ultralight wheels, Weeks stage 1 and 2, Weeks lift pump and harness, Weeks battery tray and AGM battery, GDE tune, Suncoast TC, updated front pump, HDS 001 T-stat, ARP studs, Front and rear Detroit/Eaton Truetrac LSD.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 3:09 am 
LOST Member

@Dent, what is the actual status at the moment?

What have you replaced, what are the symptoms, what have you checked and what CELs are you getting?

Thanks. :wink:

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 3:48 pm 
LOST Member

Here's the latest: I emailed Cascade Transmissions for advice. He said drop the valve body and replace the detent plate with the one that came with the kit. You should have to do this if your solenoid pack has the white plug (which mine did) and if your detent plate is not worn. Apparently, mine was worn enough to cause an issue. I put it all back together, and I've been test driving for two days with no P0706 code, and no limp mode. I do have a new problem with right front and rear wheel sensors, ABS, and steering wheel angle sensor, but no limp mode. I hope I haven't jinxed myself. Going to try driving to work tomorrow.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 1:52 am 
LOST Member

Try fix your wheel sensors first and then approach the wheel angle code if it still there....wheel angle problems may be the Clock Spring which senses the orientation of the steering wheel. :wink: