It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: couple annoying problems
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:21 pm 
LOST Newbie

one issue is a minor inconvenience but it seems like a safety issue. occasionally when I hit a large bump the steering wheel vertical adjustment lever comes loose and the steering wheel can move through its vertical range of motion. In a serious accident this could cause me to lose my grip on the steering wheel. Any one know of a fix for this.?

Problem 2: something in the rear glass latch mechanism is bent and it won't stay closed. A shop got it to close and I only tried using it a few times. It always seems iffy if it will stay closed. Today I had to use it for a bike and now it won't stay shut again. Any ideas on whati I need to bend to get this thing latched. ?
Thanks a lot

ticking sound

Post subject: Re: couple annoying problems
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:04 am 
LOST Member

I know most vehicles have an adjustment nut on the steering column to adjust the tension on that lever. I don't know exactly how the KJ one works. You might download the parts fiche and see if it gives any clues as to how it is assembled.

The only problems I have ever had with doors/hatches not closing properly was due to faulty latch mechanisms. Even though it may seem like something is not aligned, it is often the electronic latch itself that is to blame. You can try latching it by hand with the glass open to see if it catches properly, then release it by gently pulling the rear door handle. If it won't do either (latch & release) then the unit is faulty and needs to be replaced.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:02 pm 
LOST Addict

I take a chain saw file to elongate the bolt slot so that the whole assembly can sit closer to the glass. First you can just loosen the two nuts and slide the assembly all the way towards the glass though. The plastic trim just pops strait out, and you only have to open the top portion. If the switch is failing intermittently (can only open the glass with double click of key), the assembly will get slammed back out of position the first time it's not actuated properly. In that case you'll need to replace the switch

05 CRD: H.D.S2 stat,WW Ironrock trilink&LCA's, OX rear,ARB front, 4.10's, ARB bumper, Suncoast,OME 3.5, JBA UCA,rock rails, Moabs&265/75 Duratracs, GDE tunes ,FFD fan,ARP's, 2 micron fuel, new valves,sasquatch battery tray & grid heater, tensioner relocated
Mech fan, VH & AC delete

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:10 pm 
LOST Newbie

quote="APC9199"]I know most vehicles have an adjustment nut on the steering column to adjust the tension on that lever. I don't know exactly how the KJ one works. You might download the parts fiche and see if it gives any clues as to how it is assembled.

The only problems I have ever had with doors/hatches not closing properly was due to faulty latch mechanisms. Even though it may seem like something is not aligned, it is often the electronic latch itself that is to blame. You can try latching it by hand with the glass open to see if it catches properly, then release it by gently pulling the rear door handle. If it won't do either (latch & release) then the unit is faulty and needs to be replaced.[/quote]
thanks, are you talking about the switch from the door handle to the latch? if so do I need to remove door handle to replace the switch.

ticking sound

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:36 pm 
LOST Newbie

i replaced this switch, which was broken as u described. I'm amazed that chrysler would use such a flimy part in an area exposed to the outside. however it is still not latching, does this mean it is too bent up and I need a new latch? thanks

ticking sound