It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: cracked valve body plate
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:39 pm 
LOST Member

Is this cracked valve body plate normal?

JBA 4" lift, IRO Tri-link w/ wwdiesel bracket, JBA sliders, 235/85-16 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs, Mercedes Benz forged ultralight wheels, Weeks stage 1 and 2, Weeks lift pump and harness, Weeks battery tray and AGM battery, GDE tune, Suncoast TC, updated front pump, HDS 001 T-stat, ARP studs, Front and rear Detroit/Eaton Truetrac LSD.

Post subject: Re: cracked valve body plate
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:17 pm 
LOST Addict

I’ve never seen that before.
Are they actual cracks or just a very rough aluminum casting?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:15 pm 
LOST Member

Not exactly sure. They looked like casting defects, but on that raised rectangle that you can see in the picture, I ground down the protrusions, and they still appeared to be present. I just changed the solenoid pack, and the pressure transducer because I have been throwing P0706. The car has no power and seems to be in a limp mode, but the transmission is shifting. After changing the solenoid pack and clearing the codes, P0706 came back. I also had code U0002 which is some communication issue with the ESP. I have the transmission speed input and output sensors. I don't think that's it, but they are easy enough to change.

JBA 4" lift, IRO Tri-link w/ wwdiesel bracket, JBA sliders, 235/85-16 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs, Mercedes Benz forged ultralight wheels, Weeks stage 1 and 2, Weeks lift pump and harness, Weeks battery tray and AGM battery, GDE tune, Suncoast TC, updated front pump, HDS 001 T-stat, ARP studs, Front and rear Detroit/Eaton Truetrac LSD.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:42 pm 
LOST Addict

P0706 is a fault in the transmission range sensor (TRS), which should be part of the solenoid pack.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:50 pm 
LOST Member

A new solenoid pack (OE) from cascade transmissions did not resolve the P0706. I'm stumped.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:36 am 
LOST Addict

Location: Somewhere between Heaven and Hell... But it is really hot here on Earth...
Apparently there are three different solenoid / valve body setups, determined by the wire coloring. The CRD has (from what I've just learned) white. Another white valve body will work, others may not.

Email jeep [at] maincomputer [dot] com - BOARD MESSAGING IS BROKEN
Over 125 CRDs currently driving with my timing belt, rockers, or ARP Studs.
Bad noises = REALLY bad things.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:39 pm 
LOST Member

geordi wrote:
Apparently there are three different solenoid / valve body setups, determined by the wire coloring. The CRD has (from what I've just learned) white. Another white valve body will work, others may not.

All new valve body solenoid packs are white, and come with the parts to switch over the black plug unit(1999-2003). My original is white and so is the replacement.

Post subject: Thanks Flash
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:14 am 
LOST Member

Went back in the garage tonight. Checked the harness for damage and found none. Unplugged the four plugs near the TCM, and sprayed them with contact cleaner. Went to the solenoid pack, unplugged and sprayed contact cleaner. Let everything dry for one hour. Put it all back together, making sure that the plugs were plugged in with authority. Cleared TCM codes. Used DS808 to put the tranny into quicklearn. IT"S FIXED! At least for now. THANKS FLASH!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:58 am 
LOST Newbie

Dent wrote:
Is this cracked valve body plate normal?

I noticed the same “cracking” on the valve body plate. In my case the cracks are limited to the area directly above the sump filter.

07 WK CRD - GDE Eco Tune
04 WJ 4.0 - RC 4" lift