It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Blown Turbo?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:23 pm 

lacrosseman2010 wrote:
Wow..... this morning I went and got a new sending unit and a t connector. Installed the t connector and the pressure sending unit and a manual gauge. Started the Jeep and the oil pressure light went off almost immediately. Pressure was good on the Manuel gauge. I decided to take it for a drive and had zero issues. Jeep ran like it use to.
I don’t know if it was just a coinciendence that the sensor went bad at the same time the turbo but it seems odd. I’m going to keep the manual gauge on just to keep an eye on the oil pressure.

That's Good News! :BANANA:
Hope it continues.

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch
IronrockArms/wwdieselMount

98 Dodge Cummins 24 Valve

Post subject: Re: Blown Turbo?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:34 pm 
LOST Addict

flash7210 wrote:
Sir Sam wrote:
rankom wrote:
lacrosseman 2010. your oil pressure is good for now 25 idle and 75 high idle (after 15 min) at this time i would install t fitting and install new sending unit and hook up your mechanical gauge at same time and strapped it to wiper blade and go for road test , uphill and get it up to temp , and let us know what do you see on that oil pressure gauge and is oil light still on at idle after road test ? dont blow it up just drive normally

Low oil pressure light is controlled by ECU, if the sensor is reading correct per the mechanical gauge then the ECU has turned the light on then its fair to say the ECU thinks the oil pressure has hit the low threshold.

We really need him to read the oil pressure data from the ECU and compare to the mechanical gauge.

What kind of tool is required for that?
TorquePro does not display oil pressure.

I always believed that the oil pressure sensor was nothing more than a switch. Once pressure is achieved, switch closes and light turns off.

The pressure sender itself is analog, the ECU uses a software setpoint to turn on/off the Oil pressure light.