It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New to me 05 CRD
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:48 pm 
LOST Newbie

I just purchased an 05 CRD. Only 182,000 miles with the timing belt/water pump never touched! That will be first on the project list after putting a few miles on it just to see what I got. Already took care of the leaking trans cooler lines along with the really long high pressure power steering hose... I will post some pictures of that. I cut the fittings down and tig welded the tub to the nuts and added -6 JIC fitting to the nut. Then simple hydraulic hose eliminating the 10ft mess of stock hose. It does have a slight noise at low idle turning hard eliminating the pressure bladder but it works just fine so I plan on leaving it. I am a diesel nut so I couldn't pass up a CRD close to home, ended up knowing the girl that owned it since 07 and 16,000 miles. They changed oil religiously disabled EGR and already did the lift pump. This vehicle will be my daily driver and a pit vehicle, My family pulls a diesel super stock pulling tractor on the NTPA circuit and this will fit in the trailer much better than the wife's Yukon does. So far driving this thing I love it! The tranny shifts a little odd but seems like a tuner will take care of that maybe TC down the road well see. Anyone ever swaped a manual into these? Ill list my plans with it in order as I plan to do them below.

1. Timing belt, water pump, and head studs. Also cleaning intake tubes and intercooler, also check intercooler for leaks. Already did the elephant mod and pulled the crankcase vent out to atmosphere. Also already let it sit with the pressure tester on it and deemed the head gasket not a leaker. Are the Cam lock bolts cheap and easy to get? Or are there specs out there, I do have a machine shop at my disposal to make them to. Worst case I can do the tool rental online that's not too bad of a deal.

2. Gauges: Pyro, boost, oil pressure, trans temp. Good pillar and vent mounts?

3. Fix small rust bubbles under doors and rear hatch (uni body underneath seems to have had enough small oil leaks to be rust free underneath even being in WI its whole life!)

4. Tuner, GDE most likely trans and MPG tune

5. Lift enough to fit 31's or a 245/75/16. In reality it will be very light wheeled when needed to go places nothing hardcore so lift and wheels are mostly for looks. Also I don't drive much over 10,000 miles a year so a cheap lift will do just fine. I cant own a vehicle I have to jack up to change oil... just cant do it... I am not new to lifting, I have put 2 IFS lifts on S10's I have had years ago and am an avid welder/fabricator.

6. Custom bumpers, maybe front rear trailer hitch mounted winch if I can find a good deal on a winch.

The CRD

Cut the fittings, the pump nut was rusted tight to the line so it twised off when trying to remove. I had nothing to loose to give this a try.

Fittings tig welded up, first line to nut so it couldn't leak around and then JIC end to nut.

90*Fitting on pump to get 180* when my 90* hose fitting hooked up.

Hose hooked up to pump, 45* used on the drivers side to the rack fitting.

You can kind of see the fitting in the rack

And thanks for the information on here!

Homemade front bumper with 2" reciever
Trans temp, EGT, Boost, and engine oil pressure guages

Post subject: Re: New to me 05 CRD
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:10 am 
LOST Addict

Location: Oregon Coast Dairy Country. Land of stumps, dumps, and "Liquid Pumps"
Very nice!
If that's your shop, color me green!

I may have misunderstood you so please forgive me if I did, ...
Quote:
Already did the elephant mod and pulled the crankcase vent out to atmosphere.

Might want to re-think this one. Some have never had problems with it, but as they have aged, there seems to be a correlation between EHM and failed rear main seals. Logic being, with the vacuum pump exhausting into the crankcase, and slight increase of blowby as they mature, the negative pressure of the turbo intake tube becomes more critical. Without it, the large area of the R428 CRD Rear Main Seal fails to the slight increase of CCV pressure.
The safer (in theory) option is a Provent closed system catch can (or something equivalent) to congeal the oil vapors, and allow the CCV to retain it's original vent point without rotting the Compressor inlet hose.

Quote:
Are the Cam lock bolts cheap and easy to get? Or are there specs out there, I do have a machine shop at my disposal to make them to. Worst case I can do the tool rental online that's not too bad of a deal.

The Cam Timing pins are widely spaced for price, but are simple enough to make. I believe there are blueprint diagrams somewhere in these millions of posts. More importantly, (if that is what you are referring to) they aren't good for counter-holding 80 lbs of cam sprocket bolt torque. Something WILL break.

The rest of it looks awesome, as long as you don't wait on that timing belt. Even if it actually has been done before, unless you know the date and mileage it should be done ASAP, so you have a start point you can bank on. Failure of those is spendy.

Sasquatch
DSS Turbo
CAT-elimntr
Weeks Stg1&2 EGRfix
PV-200
BLING
vent gauges

IDParts
head
cams
rockers
Timing set
ARP studs
eTn1 GX2123 5v GPs

YETI Custom Tune
Flowmaster 8325508
Carter P76611M
GM 12611872
Hayden 2986
GM 15976889
PATC Custom Billet
2010 Ram Hemi Trans
Sonnax 44957
Transgo kit
Cooper 51770

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:06 am 

Quote:
Are the Cam lock bolts cheap and easy to get? Or are there specs out there, I do have a machine shop at my disposal to make them to. Worst case I can do the tool rental online that's not too bad of a deal.

Welcome to the Jeep CRD addiction! Be sure and read Sams CRD NOOB GUIDE

FYI, they are not cam locking bolts! They are only used for timing the cams, they cannot be used for unbolting the two cam sprocket bolts(80 ft.lbs).
The cam sprockets must be removed to gain access to the water pump which is driven by the cam belt.

There are tool sets available online like the one pictured below that has the cam index/timing pins.
To loosen the cam bolts requires a camshaft sprocket holding counter force bar/tool.
They too are available online.
Sasquatch Parts also rents and sales the cam tools.
:SOMBRERO:

These are the specs if you want to make your own engine timing pins:

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch
IronrockArms/wwdieselMount

98 Dodge Cummins 24 Valve

Last edited by WWDiesel on Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:42 pm 
LOST Newbie

Yes I do understand the timing bolts will break off and are not for torqing on and off, but thank you for clarifying that. I have read through noob guide and done quite a bit of research on these before sticking my neck out and buying one. I did vent the crankcase to atmosphere because it was really oiled up in the intake, and rear seal is seeping very minimal but if I get picky may replace. Now I have mixed opinion on that... Thanks for the pin specs!! Simple enought Ill turn them out on the lathe pretty easy.

Yes this is our motorsports shop. 60x120, big enough we fit our toterhome and trailer inside plus load and unload inside. Got a 14x24 10ft tall paintbooth with intake air heater. Were kind of spoiled... no lift yet still waiting to find a good deal but we mostly work on tractors here a post lift would be in the way sometimes.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:50 pm 

thatoneguy wrote:
Yes I do understand the timing bolts will break off and are not for torqing on and off, but thank you for clarifying that. I have read through noob guide and done quite a bit of research on these before sticking my neck out and buying one. I did vent the crankcase to atmosphere because it was really oiled up in the intake, and rear seal is seeping very minimal but if I get picky may replace. Now I have mixed opinion on that... Thanks for the pin specs!! Simple enought Ill turn them out on the lathe pretty easy.

Yes this is our motorsports shop. 60x120, big enough we fit our toterhome and trailer inside plus load and unload inside. Got a 14x24 10ft tall paintbooth with intake air heater. Were kind of spoiled... no lift yet still waiting to find a good deal but we mostly work on tractors here a post lift would be in the way sometimes.

The CCV should be connected to the turbo intake boot, not vented to atmosphere (EHM). It is designed and needs the additional suction or vacuum to properly function and prevent buildup of positive pressure inside the engine block. Most simply add a ProVent filter to remove the oil out of the CCV gasses going back into the intake. The reason for this is the vacuum pump discharges into the engine internally, so it adds exponentially to the flow coming out of the CCV puck on top of the engine.
See this thread for more insight on this:> viewtopic.php?f=5&t=80491

For a lift, check with this company, they are great to work with and have good prices. They have lifts of all sizes and stores all over the US.
I bought a 10k lift from them last year and I am well pleased with it.
http://www.gregsmithequipment.com/

:SOMBRERO:

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:34 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

All internal combustion engines have blow by and blow by results in "pressure" in the crankcase. Prior to about 1965 that pressure was typically vented directly to atmosphere which a) produces atmospheric pollution (e.g. smog) and b) dribbles oil on the road surface (slick roads and water pollution). After about 1965 that pressure was vented back into the intake (thru turbo on turbo charged vehicles or into the air filter housing if no turbo) as a simple first step in reducing pollution from internal combustion engines. The EHM returns you to those wonderful pre-1965 days which is a bad idea. As a reward for doing this (think WI winters) there is enough moisture in the EHM tube for it to freeze shut in winter thus increasing crankcase pressure enough to blow the rear main seal at which point you will have the pleasure of dropping the transmission to replace the rear main seal. If you just cannot stand the existing CCV venting to in front of the turbo at least get a Provent or some such to keep the oil dribble on the road to a minimum. Better yet leave the system alone and get a GDE tune and don't worry about the oil which will now pass harmlessly thru the engine without forming soot.

PS if that mileage is REALLY on the original timing belt then park the vehicle right now and leave it parked until the belt is replaced.

Sold to LOST member my 05 Ltd, GDE Stg II turbo + TCM tune, SunCoast TC w. Transgo kit, Steiger window regulators, Samcos, Fumoto valve, 2nd gen filter head with Lub. Spec. bleeder, Hayden clutch & 11 blade fan, inverted spare, P-1 battery, BF Goodrich Long Trail TAs, Etecno1 glow plugs, timing belt at 50K miles/8 yrs

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:58 pm 

papaindigo wrote:
All internal combustion engines have blow by and blow by results in "pressure" in the crankcase.

True to a point, but not all internal combustion engines have a vacuum pump discharging directly into the internals of the crankcase adding to the total volumetric mass of the blowby.
That is why these engines were designed and require the additional vacuum on the CCV system provided by the suction of the turbo inlet.
The reason for a ProVent filter even if you have removed or blanked off the EGR system is to keep oil vapors from condensing and collecting in the bottom of the CAC thus limiting its efficiency. :roll:

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch

Post subject: Re: pin specs
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:03 pm 
LOST Newbie

Hi Thatoneguy,

I just did the timing belt, water pump, thermostat, radiator hoses, idler pulleys and motor mounts this weekend on my 06 with 100k. The belt was showing cracks on the flat side probably more from years than miles, it was a goodyear belt and I believe original. The teeth didn't show wear too bad. One of the idlers was a little looser on the bearing than it should have been and the scary thing was the tensioner had rotated to the point it really wasn't tensioning any more. The bolt was tight but I think the belt had stretched that much over time. Bottom line is get in there sooner than later!

When you turn up you pins the threads are M10 x 1.0 fine not the common M10 x 1.5, missed that when I turned up the pins for my daughters CRD about a year ago.

Just a few tips if you look down through the oil filler hole you can see the pin hole in the cam as it comes around so 90 degrees more and you will feel it go in easy, timing mark on pump only lines up every third rev, be sure to adjust the tensioner then rotate 3 revs by hand, then adjust tensioner if needed again, and when you get past the open cover 30-90 second startup after double checking with the alignment pins one last time check the tensioner again.

On the straight pin I used a piece of 5/16 303 stainless rod that was .3135 diameter cut it off and bent a 90 degree for a head. It slipped ok through the housing but was really tight in the next hole, ended up turning .005 or so off to get it in,probably oxidation or crud in the hole.

Both motor mounts were shot too, while you have the fan off and can see things on top fromthe front you may want to consider doing them, especially if they have not been changed. Mine looked good but after removing I can shake them and hear the broken stuff rattle inside.

It took me about 18 hours to disassemble and reassemble everything by myself including the motor mounts but I was under no time pressure on this one and wasn't running a race. Lots of cleaning and double checking torque specs etc. When I did my daughters last year it took me and my son in law about 8 hours but he is a mechanic by trade where I am a machinist.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:06 pm 
LOST Member

Has anyone actually measured the vacuum level in that inlet hose? ( with a clean filter?)
IIRC, GMCTD ran a filter minder on his airbox.. but they are pretty crude for measuring.. more for 'warning' of too high restriction.
What ever happened to that member?

OP; I see you live in Wisc.. apparently your ehm is working in your sub zero conditions.

Sasquatch elbow kit, samcos, GDE eco FT. 11-26-14
80,500 miles, engine is disassembled, awaiting parts 3/18
Budget?? Sure! 'Everything I have'.
New "Pet" name for My Jeep; 'Soul Sucker'

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:49 am 
LOST Member

Manual version available in Australia so one would think somewhere in USA there must be a gearbox that will do the job. Had a manual a few years back but don't know anything about the box.
John

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:33 pm 
LOST Newbie

Thanks for the heads up, plan on ordering the kit and head studs in a week or so. Been very busy finishing up winter projects but I just need to do this before the belt snaps. Already got around 1,000 miles on it since i bought it. Thinking motor mounts may be shot with some rattles I hear definatly going to check those!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:55 pm 
LOST Newbie

Finally got around to doing the water pump and timing belt. Really not a bad job, maybe 2 hours I spent on that. However the rest of the little projects took some time! Glad I popped the cover off, 1 timing belt idler bearing was very very loose and the other was just starting to show wear. Also the water pump bearing had just a little play in it. Makes me feel better that it wont leave me stranded now. Radiator and inter cooler were packed full of, well I'm not really sure but lots of junk possible dead bird or rodent... After I got it all back together and verified that it runs still I changed fuel filter, took of intake and drilled/tapped 1/8" pipe for a boost guage shortly down the road. Cleaned the intake up the best I could, blocked EGR off completely, changed tranny filters/oil, added a pipe fitting to pan for drain and guage when I get that far, took exhaust off and welded a hanger back on and again added a pipe fitting to the exhaust for a pyro gauge shortly in the future. The rest of my projects look the most time, I really thing the timing belt was by far easiest, everything just came apart no setbacks also 3/8 and 1/2 cordless impacts make teardown very quick. I buzzed a lot back in with the 3/8 but followed up with a wrench on everything. Oh, also installed a very high flow cat... Next will be gauges when my wife gives me some allowance money again. Head studs and tune will most likely be later this summer

Its probably just me but it seemed like I was running a 100-150 RPM less after the tranny filter and oil change. Oil seemed really clean and smelled good, and it did have mopar/Chrysler filters but black RTV for a gasket so I know someone's been in there.

All apart with original everything never touched in 184,000 miles!!!

Made a cheap simple cam holder, worked great!

Belt actually doesn't scare me too bad, normal cracks, I see Bobcat drive belts all the time that go 5,000 + hours that are unimaginably bad yet still holding on...

All new components in from Sasquatch! I found leaving the passenger side idler loose was easiest way to flop belt on and off... I had to do it twice got a little too much slack in and cams were on cog advanced.

drilled and tapped 1/8" pipe in intake for boost guage

Camera didn't focus well but u can see in the background the pipe fitting welded on behind the turbo.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:12 am 
LOST Addict

Location: Oregon Coast Dairy Country. Land of stumps, dumps, and "Liquid Pumps"
thatoneguy wrote:
Belt actually doesn't scare me too bad, normal cracks, I see Bobcat drive belts all the time that go 5,000 + hours that are unimaginably bad yet still holding on...

I get your point, but when a Bobcat drive belt actually does break, it doesn't result in hundreds to thousands of dollars of internal engine damage. Replacement at regular known mileage / time intervals is prudent, and relatively cheap insurance.

Sasquatch
DSS Turbo
CAT-elimntr
Weeks Stg1&2 EGRfix
PV-200
BLING
vent gauges

IDParts
head
cams
rockers
Timing set
ARP studs
eTn1 GX2123 5v GPs

YETI Custom Tune
Flowmaster 8325508
Carter P76611M
GM 12611872
Hayden 2986
GM 15976889
PATC Custom Billet
2010 Ram Hemi Trans
Sonnax 44957
Transgo kit
Cooper 51770

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:48 pm 
LOST Junkie

Uh oh. The good ole mark n pray method. Should of left the cam sprockets loose, then tension the belt and then torque the sprockets down. This insures perfect timing

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:33 am 
LOST Member

If you haven't done so yet, I'd highly recommend replacing the thermostat and crank vibration dampener. Thermostat if not functioning properly will reduce fuel economy and the rubber in the CVD gets brittle and eventually causes the balance weight to bounce around Making a distinct "ting, ting ting" sound and can damage the engine from out of balance condition.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:41 pm 
LOST Newbie

Not going to replace the thermostat, it warms up very good and needle gets up to just about vertical and stays there. It defiantly helps having a winter front on staying up to temp in the wisconsin cold! Also just removed the engine fan about 300 miles after vefifying electric one worked. I am very impressed with how well it warms up. Not broke not fixing the thermostat I am aware of their issues. Just to clarify the belt comment wasn't against normal maintenance, that's why that was the first big project I did. I thought it was good to see what the components looked like untouched with 184,000 miles. One idler bearing was scary how loose it was the other was not far behind. The tensioner bearing was still just as tight as the new one but obviously replaced since it was appart that far. Water pump bearing was just showing some play so just a matter of time before that was going to go.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:18 pm 
LOST Newbie

Got a little more accomplished. Made my own front lift, just a simple over the spring spacer to space the top of the shock/spring mount. I made it just over 1 1/2" and got 3" of lift now silting at 21 3/4" front from center of hub to bottom of fenders. Just got my rear coil spacers in 2" rear is now just over 21" center of hub to bottom of fender. The front spacer I played around with and off set it just a little bit to help keep the shock centered and not hit the UCA. Also 1 1/2 is about all the more you can spacer the shock without making it very hard to install into the lower a-arm unless the spring is compressed. It rides find like this and I am not off roading it much to any at all so this should work just fine for what Im after. Also I am going to make a front bumper so that should level it out or be close when I get that done. Just in the dreaming stage now... Maybe play around with cardboard and the plasma cutter tomorrow.

Also update on fuel mileage. I drive back roads rural Wisconsin hill and valley country so about as cruddy as can be for mileage. Ive been getting 21MPG regular average over several tanks and 24 MPG when I actually hit the highway for 150 miles on one tank. The one tank since taking the engine fan off I have gotten 23 MPG. Driving up some of the long slower hills doesn't seem to make the temp climb at all and I wont need to tow with the jeep since I have other vehicles for that. Summer time will be the best test on that.

Stock

Still stock

Front 3"

Front 3"

Done for now

My little shop helper got in the picture too

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:57 pm 
LOST Newbie

I found a 1.5-2MPG increase with the engine fan off, but due to needing A/C its back on for a few months. so 21MPG on in cruddy rural driving and around 23 with it off. I had a scare and was going to eat a lot of crow when it developed a good sized oil puddle under the engine. Come to find out the previous owner stripped the plug out completely! I grabbed a couple oil plugs from work and found an 18mm from an older Magnum tractor with an 8.3 cummins tapped out perfectly without drilling bigger. Glad the rear seal is still hanging in there! I got my front bumper built and on, now need to paint the plastic all black and fix the little rust bubbles on the bottoms of the doors. I got my guages all in now too, boost will spike to 22 but seems to hang at 18PSI. EGT I did get 1000* in a decent hill climb full throttle with a/c on just to see what it would do but runs 700* or lower on the level. I have the probe about 3" after the turbo . I am happy with the trans temp, takes a bit to get up to 150* area and will get a little higher at slow speeds and drop below on the highway so I feel the trans is in good shape not slipping baldly and overheating the fluid. Oil pressure is 50LBS at 1700RPM with hot engine 5w40 oil which also makes me feel good. The guages are kind of rigged up, the triple pod I need to heat and form to the pillar and paint as close as I can get to the factory interior and hook up the lights to the dimmer. I think possibly have a glow plug out havn't tested them yet, but a warm day cold start it will miss on one cylinder a couple times on fire up. It had started at 10* without any issue this spring so who knows. Other thing its had since I bought it is a thump in the intake at idle but with the fan off it was more noticeable. Not a metallic thump just a thump noise is the best to describe. Thinking I am going to find worn rockers when I do the ARP studs later this summer. Also waiting on craigslist find for some rims and still debating tire size but what I find may be what I run, who knows.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:43 pm 
LOST Newbie

Haven't been on here much this summer, Jeep didn't have any issues and we had a busy pulling season and we had another kiddo a month ago. Much nicer having the jeep around having an actual vehicle along in the trailer when we travel! I finally got head studs, rocker arms and glow plugs. I haven't had any glow plug issues but this motor has 190,000 and never been apart other than timing belt and water pump I put in it when I got it this spring. Everything came apart easy and everything was going great until I pulled the cam cover out... only 15 rockers were there, one has a roller completely missing, another had the bearings just about completely gone, and the rest of the exhaust rollers were very loose and a few intakes. So only #3 had both exhaust valves functioning! Other than an odd thump in the intake and low MAF numbers it really didn't act odd at all! the one rocker the roller was out of actually bent the valve a little when it ran the roller off. Then I started on the glow plugs, first one came right out, second and third ones I got broke loose and worked them back an forth for a while and soaked them down good. Forth came out and went back on the two stuck ones and ended up snapping both off... Heads coming off any ways at this point... Like most have seen the cylinders look very good, the head looks pretty good, and the block deck didn't look too bad but there is some cavitation looking pitting around the water holes. I took some pictures of this posted below. I did find my head was torqued very good with my break away numbers (snap on digital torque wrench recently calibrated) Now I have a head gasket and a few other goodies on order since Im this far into it. Got the EGR completely tore out now too.

Here you can see the pitting or cavitation around the water port in the block. Its very minor but noticeable I think I am going to put a little "super 300" or Permatex aviation gasket maker on the head gasket. Its a black tar like gasket maker we use on old tractors with that have rough machining or pitting like this. I think a very light coat would ensure no leaks

Easy out paid for itself!

Played with my TIG welder a little and welded a washer to block the EGR off on the manifold.

All exhaust valves out only the one bent slightly from the rocker fail. They are showing a little wear but nothing bad for 190000 miles if there wasn't a few failures out there I would've just replaced the one but $160 for all 8 isn't the end of the world. I may touch the seats with a grinder depending on how the new valves seat but not much

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:31 pm 
LOST Newbie

Got it back together earlier this week, new valves, thermostat, head gasket, and a helicoil kit for one glow plug showed up Tuesday. I worked late Tuesday night and got it all back together and got it fired Wednesday night. Much quieter running and a lot more power! Also EGT's are 200* lower! M10x1 helicoil kit fixed up the threads of the one glow plug that took the threads with it when I got it extracted. New exhaust valves when back in good. I checked the seats on the valves they were a little wider than I would like to see but still in the middle of the valve so good enough for a high mileage engine. Checked the head and it was laser straight, put a very light coat of Permatex aviation form a gasket and got the head torqued in. The exhaust side studs were very close to touching the ribbing on the bottom of the cam/intake cover. I trimmed those studs down to ensure they didn't contact.

Head all torqued down

Jeep is having size problems in the shop, the last thing in here with this small of a turbo was a snowmobile!

Trimmed the exhaust side studs down 1/8"

Un needed EGR bolts work great to cut off and make liner bolts for the intake!

Break away numbers were very good.