It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:03 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Question about the TCM as well as codes 605 and 700
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:04 am 
LOST Member

@kissfan79 if you have not yet pulled off the Fuel Filter Head Mounting Bracket to have a good look for damaged wires behind it then now is a good time to do so....known problem on the 2006 CRD that the wires can get damaged there and get shorted to chassis and the whole harness goes around the engine bay completely so any wires could be chaffing to chassis there! :?

Post subject: Re: Question about the TCM as well as codes P0605 and P0700
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:36 pm 
LOST Member

Well....I finally got that Ram TCM installed and it indeed started shifting again. I haven't had the chance to really drive it much nor on the highway but around the neighborhood it was shifting again. The shifts were definitely different as reported in other posts and I do have to drive with a light foot or it won't want to shift. It appears as though I'm still getting the P0700 code (although the P0605 code is gone) so once I get a chance I'll probably take it to a local transmission shop to see what else is going on with it. At this point, I'm just glad to have it back to a drive-able condition. Thanks again for the suggestions (Billybob....I'm going to check on that harness when I change my filter fuel filter here soon) and the help. If the transmission shop comes up with anything interesting I'll post it.

Jim